14153 20 2018-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

How can I change the DJI Mimo output res??  I want the output to be 1080 or better
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will check your query if we could possibly change the output of the application. Please hit "Reply" to our post for updates. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-26
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

You can elect 1080P 30/60 FPD from the Osmo Pocket.  You can also choose up to 4k 60 FPS via promote in the mimo app after selecting "pro" mode
2018-12-26
Use props
mareklew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4026 ft
Germany

@Vermifuge you misunderstood the question. It's about the output of the MIMO App EDITOR (or whatever, story mode, etc). The output (no matter the Osmo Pocket recording quaility which can be set as you described) is unfortunately pegged at 720p - for whatever insane reason.
2018-12-26
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

mareklew Posted at 12-26 15:42
@Vermifuge you misunderstood the question. It's about the output of the MIMO App EDITOR (or whatever, story mode, etc). The output (no matter the Osmo Pocket recording quaility which can be set as you described) is unfortunately pegged at 720p - for whatever insane reason.

thanks so much
2018-12-27
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

mareklew Posted at 12-26 15:42

"Insane" reason may be a little bit strong :-)  However, for me it makes the most sense to remove the card from the Pocket and do the data download directly to your viewing device, whether tablet or desktop.  Much faster data transfer and no compression or conversions.  
2018-12-27
Use props
EyeFli
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-26 08:53
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will check your query if we could possibly change the output of the application. Please hit "Reply" to our post for updates. Thank you for the support.

Is there any update to this issue? I just posted a video to Instagram and Facebook and was surprised to see that the finished video was only 720p instead of the 1080p in which is was recorded. Also, is there going to be an audio fade capability added to the editor as it is a little impractical to adjust the length of all my videos to the audio clip lengths available in the editing app.
2019-1-2
Use props
mareklew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4026 ft
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-12-27 09:00
"Insane" reason may be a little bit strong :-)  However, for me it makes the most sense to remove the card from the Pocket and do the data download directly to your viewing device, whether tablet or desktop.  Much faster data transfer and no compression or conversions.

I don't get your point, sorry...
MIMO App needs to transfer your videos to your phone - and it does it at full res, full megabyte-size, taking whatever time, bandwidth and space necessary for full file transfer. Then you edit your 1080p/UHD originals in the MIMO app and BANG! its output is now all 720p.
2019-1-3
Use props
sixthday
lvl.2
United States

mareklew Posted at 1-3 17:22
I don't get your point, sorry...
MIMO App needs to transfer your videos to your phone - and it does it at full res, full megabyte-size, taking whatever time, bandwidth and space necessary for full file transfer. Then you edit your 1080p/UHD originals in the MIMO app and BANG! its output is now all 720p.

The insane reason is: DJI used the same code as the short video app Tiktok (which is extremely popular in China) and Tiktok has the video share/download caped at 720p. Ever wonder why DJI mimo, before recent update,  always automatically play and always asking for internet connection? Because that's the same for Tiktok. This is what happened when they cloned the code without thinking.
2019-1-4
Use props
Stayros Kalimantzalis
New
Greece

That would be good to be corrected. You can create very easy, nice videos but the 720p edited video is not looking very nice when you trying to post share. Since the edited video is saved in the mobile device saved with the same resolution and fps as the original.
2019-1-31
Use props
EmptyWallet
New

Thailand

this is terrible problem DJI need to fix this as soon as possible
2019-3-18
Use props
H.B.Fard
lvl.2
Germany

I can't believe this, It is like you get yourself a Porsche, and for an insane reason you can't go over 60 miles an hour with it. WTH DJI?!
2019-4-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Same as the way panoramas are created in low resolution in the app.  You have to use a PC to get the full resolution possible.
2019-4-23
Use props
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

H.B.Fard Posted at 4-23 10:35
I can't believe this, It is like you get yourself a Porsche, and for an insane reason you can't go over 60 miles an hour with it. WTH DJI?!

does not Streaming and DJI MiMo (for us Europeans who do not like TikTok) is inadequate.

I'm starting to think I made a too rushed purchase
2019-4-24
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

BepiFlorio Posted at 4-24 02:03
does not Streaming and DJI MiMo (for us Europeans who do not like TikTok) is inadequate.

I'm starting to think I made a too rushed purchase

Just transfer the clips to your computer and use a decent editing package. Then you can output what ever sizes and codec you want.
2019-4-28
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Sometimes I think people buy a pistol but don't know how to hold it ...
or a Maserati and don't know where's front & back.
2019-4-28
Use props
djiuser_3EBfLfVlNlkX
New

Turkey

I like dji osmo pocket however some problema need to be fixed soon.

1-problem related with low resolution output  of dji mimo app.
When ı put some music to video with dji mimo, output resolution is decreased even for 1920x1080p. Output is 1080x720.
2-timelapse mode , time interval can not be set even for 1second. Why 4k device can not take time-lapse with 1 sec interval?
3-gimbal is not following gimbal setting in time-lapse mode.i am taking time-lapse while walking, gimbal setting is follow, however gimbal is rotating other directions by itself.

Please fix there problems.
2019-6-30
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

Any update on allowing the app to output to a user selected resolution?
I love how quick and easy Mimo is for on the go editing, but the output resolution of 720p really lets down the footage from the Osmo pocket.
2019-7-15
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Following up with a daft question here but after reading through all  the above I’m still none the wiser.... how do I display 4K content from the OP on my 4K TV?  If I use the Mimo app to transfer footage from OP to phone (4K capable), can I then play on TV using Apple TV 4K?
2019-7-15
Use props
Shane Pavey
New

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-26 08:53

hi, using Action 4 with GPS remoteLightcut doesnt allow GPS data to be added?
if i use Mimo i can add data, but export res is only 1080
4-18 16:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Shane Pavey Posted at 4-18 16:12
hi, using Action 4 with GPS remoteLightcut doesnt allow GPS data to be added?
if i use Mimo i can add data, but export res is only 1080

Hi there. In the Mimo app, you can import videos of any resolution as long as your mobile phone supports them. Regarding the LightCut concern, we suggest you contact the respective team at lightcutapp@gmail.com for further assistance with your inquiry. Should you have any further concerns about your drone or DJI product, feel free to reach us. Have a nice day.
4-20 03:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules