Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
did you/ have you refrained from buying the DJI goggles RE?
2833 23 2018-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seymour Clouds
lvl.4
United States

I'm just curious how many others are not buying these goggles because of this issue.  
Single SelectVote, Total 27 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

37.04% (10)
22.22% (6)
11.11% (3)
29.63% (8)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-12-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased my Re's last year and don't have not one complaint.

I'm flying the MP with mine and range is not an issue. I know some are having
issue using them with the MP2/zoom.
2018-12-26
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-26
Use props
PapaTom
lvl.4
United States

Have a M2Z and decided to wait it out until problem is resolved. Too much money for something that dosn't work on my equipment.  I don't understand why they sell this as part of a package for the M2 with all the problems. I also understand if you bought the package you have to send everything to get a refund. Glad I decided to get the googles re later.
2018-12-27
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really don't have a use for them.
2018-12-27
Use props
DanW55
lvl.3
United States

I'm a combination of 1 and 4 (checked 4). I ordered the Mavic 2 Zoom w/Goggles RE combo then stumbled on the threads regarding range problems. After the kit arrived I flew the combo just long enough to verify 1000' was the distance limit with mine, so I returned for refund. Still waiting for that process to complete. Now I'm in the camp where I may reorder if they fix this, but for now it was too much money tied up in a product that doesn't work as advertised.
2018-12-27
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
Puerto Rico

The experience is nice but dji wont care much about recent complaints. Which are serious.
2018-12-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have so far resisted buying any goggles!
2019-1-1
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.4

Austria

i don't wanna lose any of my drones just for a bit of extra thrill
2019-1-1
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.4

Austria

if it is still faulty
2019-1-1
Use props
Rabkia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi i’ve Decided to buy my first drone which will be a m2z with fly more kit and also the re goggles but after reading this and other threads i am seriously considering not bothering with the goggles or am i making too much out of reading the threads any advice would be appreciated

Thanx
2019-1-3
Use props
maihem.rc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the goggles re used about 4 months ago.  Only have 7 to 10 flights on them because I have not been able to fly much since getting them.  Have enjoyed flying with them and others have enjoyed wearing them as I fly using an iPad mini.  I do not have an M2 or M2Z.  If the issue was with the MP, I may not have got them but I am still learning how they work at this point.  IMO, they are a little heavy to wear for FPV racing drones but they work as a back up or a co-pilot set of goggles that can be used with ease.
2019-1-4
Use props
maihem.rc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

TC KABREW Posted at 1-1 12:50
i don't wanna lose any of my drones just for a bit of extra thrill

I don't understand how using goggles would make someone lose a drone.  I guess people can set them up as the only visual feedback device but I set mine up to give a parallel view of what is on the iPad.  So, if something went out of sorts with the goggles I can just take them off and fly with the iPad.
2019-1-4
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.4

Austria

maihem.rc Posted at 1-4 11:46
I don't understand how using goggles would make someone lose a drone.  I guess people can set them up as the only visual feedback device but I set mine up to give a parallel view of what is on the iPad.  So, if something went out of sorts with the goggles I can just take them off and fly with the iPad.

no, i mean you lose Line Of Sight and can't see it compare to were you are
2019-1-4
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not purchased them as I have the standard white ones which I paid £500 and don’t use as much as I should. Would I be tempted with RE version? Possibly but not until any possible issues are not 100% fixed and expected features of the MP2 have been implemented.
2019-1-4
Use props
MountainManJeep

United States

I actually purchased them and then returned them 2 days later without using them after seeing these issues. I wasn’t going to chance crashing my M2pro.
2019-1-5
Use props
JohnnyMac41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think we should start putting bad reviews on eBay and Amazon about them to get DJI’s attention and to warn others of this debacle that DJI is ignoring now for months on end.
2019-1-5
Use props
fans2a26df54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 92310 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

I really want them, but will not buy until the range issues are solved.
2019-1-8
Use props
DanW55
lvl.3
United States

Rabkia Posted at 1-3 11:09
Hi i’ve Decided to buy my first drone which will be a m2z with fly more kit and also the re goggles but after reading this and other threads i am seriously considering not bothering with the goggles or am i making too much out of reading the threads any advice would be appreciated

Thanx

If you're only planning to use the goggles with the m2z in an area about the size of a large football stadium, you'll like them. Try to go to parking lot distances and you'll get a signal loss and be in panic mode until the drone either automatically returns to home or you turn the goggles off and get control back through the handset. When you fly without the goggles and realize the m2z can have a range many times that, you'll realize just how bad the Goggles RE cripple the m2z.
2019-1-8
Use props
roamer105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the announcement of the SMART CONTROLLER, a number of issues might be solved: First, the controller "crystal sky" screen is bright enough to be usable and for many situations eliminates me from having to use the goggles. Also, if I want to use the goggles I might choose to connect them via HDMI to the new controller. No more connection worries and perfect video quality. I might just have to fork out some money for the smart controller.
2019-1-8
Use props
TonyTone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 806532 ft
United States

2nd pair and returning them. RE goggles suck, period.
2019-2-22
Use props
ajrulez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

Reaaly.. I am planning to buy them.
2019-2-22
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-22
Use props
fans1a5f26cd

Canada

I'm waiting till dji releases goggles that are legal like the Epson bt300. The re is really not a upgrade. And in Canada you can't legally use them because of line of site. Epson has a great setup but quality control is very poor for 1000 dollar goggles
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules