2353 7 2018-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Hello Friends,

I want to know the basic settings that are needed to be configured in the UAV forecast Android mobile app specific to Mavic Air.
Anyone who is already using UAV forecast Android mobile app along with Mavic air - Please share the settings that you have set for windspeed, gust speed etc parameters, SPECIFIC TO MAVIC AIR CAPABILITIES.
So that i can check when to fly and when not to.

Thanks.
2018-12-27
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

10m/s
4kp
121m agl
300m distance
11 sats
Set your own preferences for visability and precipitation

And don't forget to always be cautious, better to fly safe and watch your bird return back to you. Fly visual line of sight and watch the landscape and consider how wind reacts with trees, hills, buildings etc most importantly enjoy, relax and safe landings.
2018-12-27
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I would guess there are many combinations that members use so you need to set it for your needs and not ours. Main thing is to keep your drone in your sight and don't lose track of it. Take an observer with you to help till you get the hang of it
2018-12-27
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to the Mavic Air specs on DJI website, the Max Wind Speed Resistance is 29 - 38 kph.
I set the max wind at 32 kph just to be safe.
Wind Altitude: 115 meters
Min GPS 10
Sat Locked 12

2018-12-27
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check this link for more info https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that our valued customers could share their settings under this application so that you could get the best configurations. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-27
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Only 2 people replied...No one uses this app or what? Guys, please respond. Thanks
2018-12-28
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

TechVoyager Posted at 12-28 08:40
Only 2 people replied...No one uses this app or what? Guys, please respond. Thanks

I replied and use it but you have to realize i live in on a plateau and you might live in a valley. That means i have mine set my way and you set yours a different way. The Wind Profile and Map are the only 2 tabs i use. I don't fly when the wind is above 18 mph at 500'. I have always had plenty of sat locks for close to 3 years KP has always been below 5. I can always tell it is raining so no need for that. Just use your head, keep LOS and don't fly when it is windy on a mountain or a cliff or at anytime. Don't fly in NFZ. Now go fly that bird!
2018-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules