Firmware and IMU stabilisation, BIG PROBLEM
1390 9 2018-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

I just want to know but apparently since some firmwares one of the IMU  is very long to heat up or stabilize, almost 2 minutes. And if we do not  wait, the drone drift, is unstable ... This problem did not exist  before, it is also an incidence that produces the toilet bowl. I advise  users to start the drone and DJI GO to check the IMU sensors before  taking off, if they are not both green with a graduation close to 0 ...  do not take off, the drone will be unstable it's going to drift. I do  not know if it's the same for everyone, but this is the case for my  Inspire 2
2018-12-27
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Good to know. Though I have not observed the same with the latest firmware (I skipped .200), it's always a good idea to check all sensor status before flight.
2018-12-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Definitely abnormal behaviour. If properly performed IMU calibration doesn't eliminate the issue, the sensor(s) may be malfunctioning and need to be replaced by authorized technician.
2018-12-27
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Have you done a cold IMU Calibration?
2018-12-27
Use props
Scott28
lvl.1
South Africa

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 12-27 13:08
Definitely abnormal behaviour. If well performed IMU calibration doesn't eliminate the issue, the sensor(s) may be malfunctioning and need to be replaced by authorized technician.

did you try and calibrate the vision sensors on the assistant
app?
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble, with regards to the concern may I ask have you tried to calibrate the IMU and VPS? If yes we will forward this concern to our developer for us to have feedback with regards to the concern.
2019-1-1
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-1 12:37
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble, with regards to the concern may I ask have you tried to calibrate the IMU and VPS? If yes we will forward this concern to our developer for us to have feedback with regards to the concern.

I have this issue also. The I2 forward vision sensors do not work since latest firmware update.  I have relaibrated them. Also the I2 wanders and drifts after I change lenses on the X5s. All this has happended since the latest firmware. There were no problems with my I2 before this update.
2019-1-2
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I checked the IMU sensors before flying at the weekend. Both were green and OK. The stabilisation issue only happens for me when I change lenses on the X5s. Balance is not an issue. Stabilsation was never an issue for me before FW .0300
2019-1-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 1-2 01:59
I checked the IMU sensors before flying at the weekend. Both were green and OK. The stabilisation issue only happens for me when I change lenses on the X5s. Balance is not an issue. Stabilsation was never an issue for me before FW .0300

I have absolutely no idea how lens change may affect the stability of a multirotor. Definitely never heard about such thing before. But in a recent history of DJI Inspire 2 nothing is going to surprise me ...
2019-1-2
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-2 11:45
I have absolutely no idea how lens change may affect the stability of a multirotor. Definitely never heard about such thing before. But in a recent history of DJI Inspire 2 nothing is going to surprise me ...

Yes its a weird one. The stability is fine but the I2 wanders around as if it loses GPS.
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules