Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Pocket Testing Birmingham UK (Boxing Day)
1614 15 2018-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon Dow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I've added a Pocket to my artilliery of DJI gear (Phantom 3 Pro, Inspire 2 X5S, Osmo Mobile) and I got the chance to give it a test in low lighting conditions yesteday amongst the busy Birmingham Highstreet and Bullring Shops as it went from day to night.  All shot in a lazy way to be discreet, 1080p-60 for all of it, and Pro mode to fix white balance at 5600, shutter at 1/120th and ISO at 100-800.  Enjoy

OSMO Pocket Vid Thumbnail copy copy.jpg
2018-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see
2018-12-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice .
2018-12-27
Use props
DanielVieira
First Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Some scenes are a little over exposed....and the focus hunt is very well noticed...

Thanks for sharing
2018-12-27
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

That focus hunt/pumping issue is keeping me from purchasing it.  I am hoping it will be fixed soon.  I really love the size of it.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Jon, nicely done! Thanks for sharing this footage.
2018-12-27
Use props
opnwong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190161 ft
United Kingdom

Did you post stablised the footage while editing?  
2018-12-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Love your use name :-)

I like to see a video like this. It's an honest, normal use video and gives insight into how it holds up in normal use.
The focus pumping is not such an issue for me at present but I do have a few concerns.
May I ask a couple of questions?
How long did you have to stand each time for the two time-lapse sections? I ask because of the five-second interval of the shortest period between frames on the Pocket.
Also what memory card specs are you using? Because I'm seeing on quite a few YouTube videos, a constant 'one frame stutter' which occurs every five seconds or so on panning shots but that doesn't occur on all Osmo Pocket Videos I have seen.
What frame rate and original resolution did you use? Because if it was from 1080, then it did well.
Congratulations on not getting a lot of 'bounce' in your walking shots. It was a very informative demo of the OP.
Thank you for posting without judgment.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice video and thanks for sharing.
2018-12-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great video!
2018-12-28
Use props
airboss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332087 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!  Great job!!!!  
2018-12-31
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DanielVieira Posted at 2018-12-27 07:11
Some scenes are a little over exposed....and the focus hunt is very well noticed...

Thanks for sharing

Yeah, it was my first go and I wasn't noticing it wasn't always holding the Pro Mode after the phone was detatched. Way better now I do. ;)
2019-1-3
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-12-27 07:37
That focus hunt/pumping issue is keeping me from purchasing it.  I am hoping it will be fixed soon.  I really love the size of it.

It's all sorted now - new firmware has AFC (continuous) which pumps, and AFS (Single) which holds focus and is good for most scenes where there's no subjects moving around in the 5 meters closest. Vloggers can use AFS too and tap to focus once. It's great
2019-1-3
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2018-12-27 09:20
Love your use name :-)

I like to see a video like this. It's an honest, normal use video and gives insight into how it holds up in normal use.

Hi and thanks for the reply.  I let the first time lapse (indoor cafe) run for 20 mins at 5 second intervals.  And the outdoor one I was holding it on top of an anti-ramraiding barrier with my finger tips trying to keep it stable and not get snatched by a thief. There's some minor movement which you can see on the background.  10 mins at 3 second intervals.

Focus pumping is solved now in Pro Mode on the app, scrolling down in settings to Focus Mode - AFC pumps and AFS (single) doesn't.

Memory - Sandisk Class 10 64Gb. Took it out of my Inspire 2 X5S.

One frame stuter is common if people don't match up shutter speeds with frame rates.  1/125th second fixed in manual mode, against a 60fps frame rate works well.  1/60th shutter for 30fps etc.  Close to double shutter to frame rate. I also edited the files on Vegas Pro and used 50Mbit bitrate.

All shot in 1080p-60fps.

the lack of bounce is because I use Crane 2 gimbals with all sorts of cameras on top - mostly EOS M50 mirrorlesses, because they kick ass. Literally.  Canon dropped a bollock by making this camera too good!

All the best
2019-1-3
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Jon Dow Posted at 1-3 03:43
It's all sorted now - new firmware has AFC (continuous) which pumps, and AFS (Single) which holds focus and is good for most scenes where there's no subjects moving around in the 5 meters closest. Vloggers can use AFS too and tap to focus once. It's great

Thank you for the update!
2019-1-3
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Every time there's a Firmware Update, the Pocket owners are HAVING A PARTAY!!  
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules