Temps rise after Xmas ... ice melts ...
688 8 2018-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Could not believe what I saw this morning ... ice on the river has half gone and STILL a couple of guys went out there fishing !!

Had to take wife to shops then once home - they were still there. Charged a battery - but while doing that they left ...

But here is the video showing the reduced ice ... guys have to be crazy to venture out on that ...

Lens during the flight was hazed up by moisture in the air ..

Last two days have been +3 .. +4C .. all our Christmas Snow gone as well ... next few days it will drop in temp and then it will be 'murderous' ice conditions everywhere ...

Nigel

2018-12-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day Nigel. Thank you for sharing this nicely done video. Amazing work and thank you for your support.
2018-12-27
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Tks ...

Just have to perfect landing on the stool ... first is to switch of the VPS ...

I have a folding camping table that's more than enough to be take off and landing ... but its in my van and heavier than that plastic stool.

Nigel
2018-12-27
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Interesting things happening on the river solentlife.
So that's winter done & dusted. Break out the shorts.
2018-12-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Like most people are finding .. seasons are shifting ... our real winter is now January instead of December. It would be nice to think it could warm up and spring be here - but then it wouldn't be same. Winter does have a place here as it kills of old grass and stuff ... makes way for the new.

Mid - late January - I am sure it will hit -20C or so !! Think the Shorts can stay in the cupboard for a while ...

Cheers
Nigel
2018-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mid to late jan is deff looking like a colder time,  there is a current sudden stratospheric warming (SSW), thats the same setup that caused the UK to have that beast from the east last year, anyhoo,  this will lead to colder times in a few weeks and that coupled with El Nino increases the chances of colder weather too, yip, ya do right to leave ya shorts with the moths....
2018-12-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice video!
2018-12-28
Use props
ChArl!3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States