2141 20 2018-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aleics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519370 ft
Italy

Good evening,
I have from June 2018 a MP1 and have used it with an Android Honor 6x with USB central port of remote control. I flew almost 100 flights and only sometimes I lost videoconnection (I thought that could be an interference).
From november, without crash or damage, it happens that when I power Mavic, sometimes I connect but see black, so I have to reboot drone.
After taking off, sometimes it happens that at also near distances (300-500 mt) and 100-200 mt of altitudine I obtain video disturbances with violet rows on screen (both recording and viewing). Sometimes it stops but other times I obtain a complete video lost connection and so I have to do RTH, landing, reboot Mavic and restart flight.
I noted that it happens easly flying in sport-mode (it seems that speed can "help" the problem).
When I have disturbances, I note in app settings that video transmission state indicate 0 Mbit/s and also changing frequency I don't obtain anything.
I tried with other usb cables, with old FW and APP version, reinstalling obviously the app and flying in several zones, without success.
In your opinion, have I to send back to DJI to repair?

Best regards
Alex
screen_5517815d25ddc495_1545484838000.jpg
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Alex. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the video transmission of your DJI Mavic Pro. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to isolate the issue.  Upon checking the list the Android Honor 6x is not yet recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro. It might not be able to make all of the functions and optimize the use of the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Pro. Please keep us posted on the said issue. Thank you.

2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hi alex - my recomendation is that you try first with a device from the dji recomended list before sending it to dji for repairs. what you describe and the image provided is similar to problems i had with previous devises. sometimes they worked and other times i had problems. each time there was an update it was 50/50 if i would have problems or not - as the newer updates got bulkier they began to fail. it is not just about whether the devise has sufficient strength (ram, gpu, cpu ect) - it is also about dji engineers having to do (apparently ) some additional tweeking to be compatible with androids. it is a long story filled with uncertain facts - but my recomendation as stated is that you first try to find a friend with a compatible device and see if you have the same problems before sending it back. good luck hope you come right quickly
2018-12-27
Use props
Aleics
lvl.2
Italy

Thank you for suggestion.
Thinking about a change in updates, I tried to install app and firmware versions of june-august, when I had not problem, but nothing changed.
It's strange ...don't you think?

Meanwhile I'm thinking how to try other device, without buying it (not knowing it's the cause).

Thanks
Alex
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the quick reply. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you.
2018-12-27
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What is the device that you are using to fly?
Maybe the issue here is that your device is not powerful enough to run the latest app version.
Try downgrading your app version, that should work and solve your issue.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-27
Use props
Aleics
lvl.2
Italy

Alex B. Posted at 12-27 11:44
What is the device that you are using to fly?
Maybe the issue here is that your device is not powerful enough to run the latest app version.
Try downgrading your app version, that should work and solve your issue.

Hi,
As stated i use a honor 6x that has enough resourses.
Besides i tried with previous version of app,as also of fw, but without success.
Until november everything was ok.
I hope to try with certificated devices.
Alex
2018-12-27
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Aleics Posted at 12-27 22:58
Hi,
As stated i use a honor 6x that has enough resourses.
Besides i tried with previous version of app,as also of fw, but without success.

Try version 4.1.15

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-28
Use props
Aleics
lvl.2
Italy

I tried 4.2.16 with downgraded FW but without success.
In the meantime I find another mobile phone, I tried to refresh FW by DJI assistant of both Mavic and controller, but few minutes ago I obtain same problem.
As indicated, more effect happens when I fly fast in Sport Mode (I were at about 700mt far from building, on open air), and when i stop they stop...very strange.
More, I noted that when I obtain video problems in photo mode (but also without shooting), when I switch in video mode, I obtain black screen or freezed screen. Going back to photo mode I obtain normal view.

I don't know that to do.

I'll let you know.

Thks
Alex
2018-12-28
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Aleics Posted at 12-28 07:54
I tried 4.2.16 with downgraded FW but without success.
In the meantime I find another mobile phone, I tried to refresh FW by DJI assistant of both Mavic and controller, but few minutes ago I obtain same problem.
As indicated, more effect happens when I fly fast in Sport Mode (I were at about 700mt far from building, on open air), and when i stop they stop...very strange.

I think that version 4.1.15 should work without issues in theory.
Try that one!

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Aleics Posted at 12-27 08:14
Thinking about a change in updates, I tried to install app and firmware versions of june-august, when I had not problem, but nothing changed.

hi alex - me again - i know the frustration you must be feeling as i went through same as you are for more than a year. I could not afford to buy another device and was not willling to do so unless i knew for sure that was the problem.
My solution eventually was to buy a phone from a second hand shop stating that i want it for a particular purpose...to fly my drone.
Because it did not work i returned the phone but gave him 10% the value as 'thanks'.

After more than 1 year with on again off again problems  finally found a second hand samsung s6 which is on the recommended list and since then i have none of the problems i was exeriencing before.

another option is to try find a mate or familly member whose device you can borrow.
I realise these things are not as easily done as it is to suggest them - but good luck - hoping you will get sorted out soon
2018-12-28
Use props
Aleics
lvl.2
Italy

Hi all again,
I realized that my brother bought a new mobile last months, an S9 plus and so I tried with him few minutes ago.
After installing app and loggin in with my user, as powered on, I got black picture from camera (as happens to me sometimes).
I rebooted Mavic and it started working well.
I tried to fly in gps and sport mode, and in both situation I obtained the same problems of mine device (video transmission problems, violet rows, but always perfect RC transmission)
The S9 was in airmode and I flew at about 400mt and 150mt of altitudine.

What do you suggest to do now?

Thank you again
Alex
2018-12-30
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Well now I think that it’s hardware issue
I mean even if on the iOS you will get the same problems,
Then it’s definitely a hardware issue.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-30
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

But have you tried version 4.1.15 ?
I think if on that one, you will get the same image problems, then it must be hardware.
You have left 4.1.15 and iOS to try.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-30
Use props
Aleics
lvl.2
Italy

No, I try 4.1.15, but with which Mavic and RC firmware? Last one?

Thanks
2018-12-31
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Aleics Posted at 12-31 00:34
No, I try 4.1.15, but with which Mavic and RC firmware? Last one?

Thanks

I have the mavic pro with the latest firmware and 0 issues.
So I think that the important part here is the 4.1.15 app, not the firmware.
Try it and hopefully it will work ok, if not then I would contact DJI about the replacement or to fix this one, as the image problems that you are getting is not normal and if nothing else works, then it must be hardware

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-31
Use props
Aleics
lvl.2
Italy

Hi all,
I opened a ticket in DJI support and sent them drone.
They found a gimbal board problem, repaired in warranty.
Now I'm waiting to have back it.

We hope
2019-1-22
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

What says your image transmission settings in the go app?

2019-1-22
Use props
Aleics
lvl.2
Italy

When I've problems I see a image throughput of 0 or 0.02 Mbit/s.
Have I understood correctly your question?
2019-1-22
Use props
DM|Ph
New
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I have the same problem as Aleics, but my MP1 has fallen. I changed the middle frame, upper shell, all the arms, the video cable ... etc. Now everything is fine, it does not report any error, but I don`t have a video (black screen). Image transmission code rate is 0.02 Mbps. Sometimes the picture appears in photo mode and then the transmission rate is about 13 Mbps, but when I switch to the video mode, the image disappears and I can no longer return to the photo mode. I think the problem is similar to Aleics. I'll have to send my MP1 to Dji.
2019-2-7
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Croatia

Aleics Posted at 2018-12-27 08:14

As others have said, phone compatibility and drone firmware do present a 'Russian Roulette' scenario for users.
If you look at the forums for any specific phone, you will find users complaining about usability issues.
Why is this, when every phone of that model is manufactured identically. The answer is of course, the user has changed settings and installed apps that will be different from any one else.
The interaction of the drone firmware with the Go app as it sends data back to the phone and also from phone to drone is very complex. If you have ever done any programming, you will understand why it is easy to build in reliability issues into the software.
Phones have no mission critical purpose, except when flying a lump like a drone that can fly off and injure someone. Perhaps the time has come to have a dedicated device to work with the system.
About a year ago, I decided to upgrade my Samsung J7 to the Galaxy S9+. Silly me... I had so many firmware upgrade issues, drone and phone, I decided to use the J7 with no updates, no running apps except system and Go 4 and always wipe the data like stills and video from the drone after every session. This has worked flawlessly. I also kill off every running program before running Go 4. The core services and essential apps will return, naturally, but that is fine.
To prevent DJI updates spoiling things and to remove the NFZ function, I use NLD software and version 003. This was a stable firmware and as I said, I can rely on the drone working predictably.
Perhaps you should consider achieving stable and reliable kit. You won't be missing out on features, because DJI aren't providing new ones, just NFZ updates.
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules