Customer Service Experience
1109 9 2018-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shyde123456
New
Flight distance : 430689 ft
United States

I am so disappointed at DJI and really hope they can rectify my broken drone that is inoperable.  

I have bought a few drones and DJI goggles from DJI and recently have had such issues with customer service, I am seriously contemplating looking at other drones for my needs because of customer service issues and returning my most recent purchases.  

My most recent issues with customer services is their poor turn around, communication and most importantly not standing behind their warranty.  My drone did a complete power off and fell out of the sky from about 6 feet.  I reviewed the stick inputs and my last input was increase altitude and the drone instead powered off and fell.  Although there were some cosmetic issues and camera scratch on the lens from the power off incident, I was able to fly the drone after this issues.  I did about a 16 min. flight after the tragic fall.  Then about a week later my next flight I was out of the country, the drone was unable to update and calibrate, unable to connect to satellites.  I thought it was due to being out of the country and did all updates and calibrations but to no avail the drone was useless.  

I sent in the drone to DJI.  Customer service is not standing behind DJI warranty and making me pay over $100 for the repair and using one of my refreshes.  I find this hard to believe that they will not honor their warranty for a power off incident.  I have so much time on the phone, waiting for the repair and review of the flight logs, I am growing frustrated and disappointed in DJI.  

I find the DJI refresh a little bit of false advertising.  The advertising for refresh says the fees are nominal for the repair, and very hidden of the actual charges.  Nominal is subjective and think if advertising should be spelled out in more detail.  

My second issue is with returning my DJI goggles, that I bought for a gift.  The goggles weight is heavy and hurts the neck of the recipient.  DJI is slow to issue a RMA and not even sure based on other threads I read DJI will honor the return.  I have lost all confidence in DJI, their warranty, service and lack of customer experience.

2018-12-27
Use props
fans28d803fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2654193 ft
United States

I have had major issues in the last few days with the customer service.
2018-12-27
Use props
shyde123456
New
United States

What was your issue?
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you had with us. May I ask for your case number so we can further check? Thank you.
2018-12-27
Use props
shyde123456
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-27 15:19
Hi there, Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you had with us. May I ask for your case number so we can further check? Thank you.

Hi Diana,

The case number is CAS-2517666-Q3G2H4.   The incident where my unit fell from the sky was on the 25th.
Thank you
2018-12-27
Use props
Fyeyes_SD2
New

United States

shyde123456 Posted at 12-27 15:33
Hi Diana,

The case number is CAS-2517666-Q3G2H4.   The incident where my unit fell from the sky was on the 25th.

Hi Diana,  What is the protocol and what do you plan on doing assist me?
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

shyde123456 Posted at 12-27 15:33
Hi Diana,

The case number is CAS-2517666-Q3G2H4.   The incident where my unit fell from the sky was on the 25th.

Hi Shyde, thanks for the case number, upon checking the case, the drone was received on 12/21 and we sent you the quotation the next day after the damage assessment.
Per the flight logs, there was an accident happened on 11/20 and the drone was crashed because of the pilot error:
1. Unit was in P-GPS mode and was responsive to RC input.   
2. Unit recorded external impact, at relative height(m) and time: 1 meter 15:38 seconds.
3. User commanded throttle forward.
4. Unit obstacle avoidance cannot obstacles from all angles.
Conclusion: User stick command error.

Please note we don't recommend to keep flying the drone after the crash accident since the performance cannot be ensured which may cause another accident. And if the drone was crashed several times, we will quote according to the first time crash. Thanks for your understanding.

For the DJI Care Refresh, we have described clearly that DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at ADDITIONAL CHARGE and the price is right on the online store and official website, please check the screenshot below.
GTScreenshot_20181228_104737.png GTScreenshot_20181228_104637.png
As for the return of Googles, please check on the Return & Refund policy before you return, thank you.

GTScreenshot_20181228_105158.png
2018-12-27
Use props
shyde123456
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-27 18:50
Hi Shyde, thanks for the case number, upon checking the case, the drone was received on 12/21 and we sent you the quotation the next day after the damage assessment.
Per the flight logs, there was an accident happened on 11/20 and the drone was crashed because of the pilot error:
1. Unit was in P-GPS mode and was responsive to RC input.   

There was no crash on the 11/20.  Can you have your review department look through the logs again, because at no point was there any impact prior to the drone falling from the sky on the 25th of  November.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

shyde123456 Posted at 12-27 21:40
There was no crash on the 11/20.  Can you have your review department look through the logs again, because at no point was there any impact prior to the drone falling from the sky on the 25th of  November.

Alright, we will forward your concern to the appropriate team to review and there will be someone to contact you soon after the confirmation, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans28d803fe Posted at 12-27 13:47
I have had major issues in the last few days with the customer service.

Hi there, our admin has replied your own thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-176018-1-1.html
Please keep us updated there, we will keep following up, thanks.
2018-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules