Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Feedback (improvement points / Remote Controller use without App)
811 3 2018-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Noibla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76086 ft
Netherlands

Here's is my feedback after flying with the Mavic Air with just the Remote Controller

There is a clear lack in the following:

• Using the Mavic Air with "just the Remote Controller", no Smartphone or app enhanced experience. All tutorials use the app (in combination with the controller). I challenge you to provide a tutorial on your site without the use of the app.
  • Lack of a Windows 10 app like the DJI vision app. You're leaving out 400 million devices that can be used with your product. That's a shame.

Status LEDs/ Documentation unclear

The documentation is lacking on the use of the Front LEDs as an indicator that the device is recording or not recording. When flying with just the Remote Controller, the red coloured front LED's should clearly reflect if the device is recording and/or taking a snapshot. Again, this relates to a lack of guidance on using the device without the DJI GO app.

Reference: Page 12 usermanual 1.2: "The Front LEDs glow solid red when the aircraft is turned on to indicate the fron of the aircraft" This is incorrect. When recording is switched on, the Front LEDs go off. This is not documented anywhere. Please clarify.

Reference: Page 12 usermanual 1.2"(refer to the function sections for more details) There is no "functions" section or chapter anywhere in the documentation. Please clarify.

Audio feedback
There is no audio feedback on the RC when a recording is started and stopped. Same goes for taking a snapshot. Please implement such audio feedback. THis has caused many video's to only have the start / landing on video , and not the subject that I was filming. Again, this relates to a lack of guidance on using the device without the DJI GO app.

Flying without Remote or App

SmartCapture (Page 22 usermanual 1.2) states:
"Aircraft firmware v1.0.1.0 or higher is required to use SmartCapture; Aircraft firmware v1.0.2.0 or higher is required to fly the aircraft without using the remote controller or DJI GO 4"

How do I enable this mode on the function button on the aircraft? As stated above, this should be possible without the use of the remote controller or the DJI Go 4 App.

Noibla

2018-12-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for the suggestion!
2018-12-28
Use props
Noibla
lvl.4
Switzerland

The SmartCapture feature is enabled using the function button on the back of the Mavic Air (press twice), so that's great.

However, if the device requires a compass calibration, you still have to revert back to the DJI GO4 app. Can DJI please built a function to confirme a calibration by using the function button on the drone itself?

2019-2-25
Use props
Noibla
lvl.4
Switzerland

Noibla Posted at 2-25 05:54
The SmartCapture feature is enabled using the function button on the back of the Mavic Air (press twice), so that's great.

However, if the device requires a compass calibration, you still have to revert back to the DJI GO4 app. Can DJI please built a function to confirme a calibration by using the function button on the drone itself?

Does the Mavic Air keep time with an internal clock? When I fly with the App, the time is updated and the Mavic Air can retrieve time from the GPS, however if you fly without the App, the date of the video files will not be up to date, showing only the last date when you used the drone with the APP. I consider this a bug that needs to be fixed.
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules