1544 5 2018-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kalerad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198114 ft
United States

I'm having a two-fold issue:
My OnePlus 6T continuously disconnects from the Ronin-S in the Ronin app.
It disconnects while trying to do autotune, balance tests, calibration, etc. It will not stay connected.

I'm also having a vibration issue even while the gimbal is standing untouched on a solid surface.

The camera is as perfectly balanced as possible according to the quick startup guide.
My friend, who also has the Ronin-S, has put my camera on his gimbal and his camera on my gimbal, we did not Auto tune, and neither have the vibrations

The only outside force seems to be the disconnecting Bluetooth which I feel is causing errors in the autotune and causing the vibration. When I restart the grip and gimbal, rebalance the camera, and stay out of the app, no vibration.

Please advise if the OnePlus 6T will be supported soon. I don't want to miss out on features and fine tuned calibrations.

Thanks
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Kalerad, apologies for the troubles you had with your Ronin-S. The mobile device you used isn’t on our list of supported devices for the Ronin App. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. Have you used a device from the list below to test it? Kindly reach us again if you have concerns, we're here to help. Thank you.

2018-12-28
Use props
Kalerad
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the reply, I will try to test a phone on that list.

Are you able to reach out to an engineer to see if a disconnection during autotune could cause the motor vibration?

Thanks.
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Kalerad Posted at 12-28 12:51
Thanks for the reply, I will try to test a phone on that list.

Are you able to reach out to an engineer to see if a disconnection during autotune could cause the motor vibration?

Hi, Apparently, it is normal for the gimbal to vibrate or emit noise during the Auto Tune Stability calibration, but before powering on the gimbal, please install the camera lens support, balance the gimbal well and then lock the screw. The disconnection issue usually depends on the Bluetooth module of your mobile device. Kindly use a different phone that is listed above mentioned and see if the issue persist. Thank you.

2018-12-28
Use props
Kalerad
lvl.1
United States

Sorry, I did not explain my previous question properly.

I know the noise DURING autotune is normal. But I am having a terrible vibration issue during normal use  and when the gimbal is standing on the tripod. The motors begin vibrating and gradually gets worse until I disengage the motors. I was curious if disconnecting during the autotune process could cause this.
2018-12-28
Use props
lionel bernier
New
France

Hello,
I just found a solution to have the bluetooth connection between the ronin-s and the application on android:
first of all do not download the application on Play Store because the version is V1.1.0 and does not work!
Go to dji.com/ronin-s/info and download in the RONIN-S DOWNLOADS part the Android version (with a little green robot) "Android Version v1.1.2."
On Galaxie 8 it works nickel and on Huawei p8 during the connection it is necessary to restart 2 times in a row the connection for it to work.
I hope to bring you a solution.
Lionel (FRANCE)
2019-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules