Bind goggles RE to multiple quads
1620 7 2018-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Hennesey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1114350 ft
United States

I have Goggles RE and have to manually bind them to my Mavic 2 Pro and Occusync Unit when switching uses between them.  Is there a way to skip having to re-bind each time I want to fly a different craft?  It's not the worst thing to do, but kind of a pain - it should remember both devices, and bind to the first one it finds (which I would control with power).

If this isn't possible, can we put it on the list of upcoming features?  Please?  
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the uneasiness on our product. We will confirm this scenario if the situation is normal and if it's not then we will forward this suggestion to possibly make it happen in the future. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-29
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-29 11:49
Hi, we're sorry for the uneasiness on our product. We will confirm this scenario if the situation is normal and if it's not then we will forward this suggestion to possibly make it happen in the future. Thank you for continued support.

Thank you.  I look forward to additional information on how the product should work.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

John Hennesey Posted at 12-29 19:09
Thank you.  I look forward to additional information on how the product should work.

Hi John, sorry for the late response. We already received the response from our engineers. Unfortunately, you will need to manually bind the Goggles again and this process is normal when you want to fly a different aircraft with the same Goggles. If you have other concern, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks
2018-12-31
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-12-31 14:13
Hi John, sorry for the late response. We already received the response from our engineers. Unfortunately, you will need to manually bind the Goggles again and this process is normal when you want to fly a different aircraft with the same Goggles. If you have other concern, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks

Thank you for the response.  Please add it to the 'wishlist' for the next firmware update.  I imagine ease of use features such as this will encourage adoption of the Occusync system.
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

John Hennesey Posted at 1-1 11:05
Thank you for the response.  Please add it to the 'wishlist' for the next firmware update.  I imagine ease of use features such as this will encourage adoption of the Occusync system.

You're welcome John, I can't guarantee if this will be implemented in the near future. Don't worry our engineers are already aware of this. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-1-3
Use props
Stridhur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173299849 ft
  • >>>
United States

John Hennesey Posted at 1-1 11:05

Actually re-binding items has always been the norm in the world of RC. Unfortunately too many people flying drones never flew RC and didn't live thru the times of rebinding your controller and car/boat/plane/helo every time you wanted to operate it.

It only makes sense since the goggles can actually control the aircraft and are not just passive observation devices like Yun***'s are that just take a dumb HDMI signal with no feedback to the aircraft which is why theirs are $39.99 on closeout.
2019-1-3
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

Stridhur Posted at 1-3 18:52
Actually re-binding items has always been the norm in the world of RC. Unfortunately too many people flying drones never flew RC and didn't live thru the times of rebinding your controller and car/boat/plane/helo every time you wanted to operate it.

It only makes sense since the goggles can actually control the aircraft and are not just passive observation devices like Yun***'s are that just take a dumb HDMI signal with no feedback to the aircraft which is why theirs are $39.99 on closeout.

Agreed - in the spirit of keeping things positive, just because it has always been done a certain way and the new kids don't know how good they have it, doesn't mean it always needs to be done that way.   That's why we have fancy new computerized toys.  I'm sure DJI can think of a way to make it easier - it is in their best interest to help the adoption rate of these fantastic goggles!

Disclaimer : I'm an old fart in the drone community eyes (47 years, dang near a dinosaur right?) - I do remember 27 Mhz, crystals, and my first computer radio; I love how the hobby has progressed!  I'm OK with letting go of the past to make this stuff easier.  The past 5 years have been fantastic, and any suggestions to make this stuff even easier are always a good thing!

John
2019-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules