Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo Pocket - Six Weeks Later (the issues & negatives)
1081 6 2018-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Let me preface this by stating that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE OSMO POCKET, but as an early reviewer I have had it now for over 6 weeks and therefore have compiled a list of the 'not so great' elements. I'll ensure that DJI have a watch of this video so that these elements can be considered for improvement either via firmware/app/software, or at least put into the roadmap for the Osmo Pocket 2!

Enjoy, PLEASE hit that SUBSCRIBE button and feel free to buy an Osmo Pocket here!

EDITORIAL ARTICLE: https://www.droningon.co/2018/12 ... ;_thumbnail_id=5087
2018-12-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Thank you , it’s a very fair review, and having used it for the last 10 days or so, I concur with most of what you have said, hopefully more accessories for OP will increase the enjoyment most certainly me are having with the OP, and the thoughts of 1inch sensor for future Pocket is mouth watering , but I hope the keep it’s size relatively small because I’m loving it, I have literally been carrying it in my pocket all over Christmas , it is so much easier and quicker to use than a phone , I’m actually blown away by it.

Great job once again.
2018-12-28
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job.  I agree with most of the "issues" you define.  I don't see that many significant flaws, but admittedly I've not had it six weeks.  The lack of a mic is an issue for me.  Having a side/front 3.5 jack would be way more sensible (I'm hoping to find some way to integrate the new base somehow to mitigate the issues).  The sensor size doesn't bother me at all.  I don't see this as a "pro level" device and even the 1" on the quads really don't use all the sensor in 4k videoing anyhow!  For version I'd like to the that 3.5 connector do double duty as an audio port that could be used to 'listen' on playback.  

As for seeing the charging light, I punched a hole in the case :-)  

I've added a Post to this forum regarding Pre-Sets that could be created on the phone and displayed on the device.  Adding the ability to select from multiple combinations of settings, thus getting other FPS options on without phone connections. This can be done with both firmware and App software updates with no hardware impacts.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-174702-1-1.html  (visit and vote, please!)

MY final gripe is the lack of a security strap mount on the device.  It's way to easy to drop this thing and the consequence of a drop is significant with all those sensitive moving parts.

2018-12-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice video! Great job!
2018-12-28
Use props
TwiggyLobster
Flight distance : 1978 ft
United Kingdom

So I'm not the only one then ?
2018-12-29
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.1
Hong Kong

WebParrot Posted at 12-28 16:35
Nice job.  I agree with most of the "issues" you define.  I don't see that many significant flaws, but admittedly I've not had it six weeks.  The lack of a mic is an issue for me.  Having a side/front 3.5 jack would be way more sensible (I'm hoping to find some way to integrate the new base somehow to mitigate the issues).  The sensor size doesn't bother me at all.  I don't see this as a "pro level" device and even the 1" on the quads really don't use all the sensor in 4k videoing anyhow!  For version I'd like to the that 3.5 connector do double duty as an audio port that could be used to 'listen' on playback.  

I 1000% upvote the miss of strap. Having the strap on the case is more than odd.
2018-12-30
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

PiteousPlayer Posted at 12-30 16:49
I 1000% upvote the miss of strap. Having the strap on the case is more than odd.

I'm working on attaching a small loop to the side of the Pocket (that is on the outside when in it's holder).  I'm considering using a drop of epoxy to hold it in place.  It has to be really small and unobtrusive so that i can use the case strap.  Trying out different designs on practice scraps of plastic first   :-)
2018-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules