_DSC6949.jpeg
2018-12-28
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job.  A few thoughts/suggestions.  If you can find a way to remove some material it would keep the device from holding in heat.  After 5-10 minutes of video that body gets pretty warm and you need to release some of that heat to prevent damage to the works.  And if possible, find a way to give the adapter more clearance for phones with cases.  As shown it seems a bit shallow.
Very nice effort and outcome.  
2018-12-28
Use props
fans4eb33ea9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47418 ft
United States

WebParrot Posted at 12-28 17:01
Nice job.  A few thoughts/suggestions.  If you can find a way to remove some material it would keep the device from holding in heat.  After 5-10 minutes of video that body gets pretty warm and you need to release some of that heat to prevent damage to the works.  And if possible, find a way to give the adapter more clearance for phones with cases.  As shown it seems a bit shallow.
Very nice effort and outcome.

Good ideas, definitely I will put some "vents" on the sides. I was going for maximum stability in my design.
RE phone connection, I don't think I can change it, I latch on the lighting connector to have a safe hold and the device can not dislodge even if it is inverted. Maybe I can make the tab 1mm thinner but it will be too easy to break I think.
2018-12-28
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4eb33ea9 Posted at 12-28 17:17
Good ideas, definitely I will put some "vents" on the sides. I was going for maximum stability in my design.
RE phone connection, I don't think I can change it, I latch on the lighting connector to have a safe hold and the device can not dislodge even if it is inverted. Maybe I can make the tab 1mm thinner but it will be too easy to break I think.

:-)  Stability is a good thing.  Take a look at the DJI design for their upcoming mount.  That may give you a hint where 'venting' could be worked in.  I understand about the thickness of the part around the connector.  Again, maybe a look at the DJI accessory would give you a design hint.  I'm envious at your skill of design.  Thanks again.
2018-12-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Very nice and sturdy looking, I went with the GoPro mount as I have the “el grande” pole and several other mounts to use.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 12-29 11:56
[view_image]
[view_image]
Very nice and sturdy looking, I went with the GoPro mount as I have the “el grande” pole and several other mounts to use.

I should have said that I did not design this piece, I was going to but found the ready made one on thingverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3287304

Credit where credit due
2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules