Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some people make it hard for the rest of us
934 14 2018-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Yet another incident here in Australia just day's after the Gatwick fiasco except this time the pilot has been identified and admitted his error Tasmanian Drone Incident
This story was run across all local media outlets.

As the whole bush fire-fighting fleet was grounded, the local authorities/media and population are getting very intolerant of irresponsible operators but as usual they vent their wrath on anybody who flies a multi-rotor machine.

They all seem to have a herd instinct that lumps everybody into the same basket

2018-12-28
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

This is a subscriber only article...is what i get
2018-12-28
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

rolling56 Posted at 12-28 17:33
This is a subscriber only article...is what i get

My apologies rolling56. I just modified the link to point to a less mercenary news site
2018-12-28
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What sane person would fly their drone into a bushfire? Into a FIRE? That’s just crazy and stupid.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

Alex B. Posted at 12-28 18:31
What sane person would fly their drone into a bushfire? Into a FIRE? That’s just crazy and stupid.

Flysafely

An irresponsible drone operator
2018-12-28
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Alex B. Posted at 12-28 18:31

Flysafely

I agree Alex. But it seems that every-time that some muppet does such a dumb thing the media latch onto it and the whole community of safe and responsible operators get dragged down by their actions.

This is what concerns me the most as the actions of just one irresponsible person can have far reaching consequences for innocent people.

Politicians are like babies, they swallow anything that they can in their mouths and don't care or are not responsible for what comes out of the other end - that's somebody else's problem!

2018-12-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sad but we’ve seen many videos posted here where idiots post their bravado.
2018-12-29
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sad but true...☹️
2018-12-29
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

There seems to be disproportionate reaction (not withstanding the operator should not have been flying in the area). It will take time for these near hysterical reactions to settle down. Put drone flying into context - how many drones are flown around the world now - and how many have caused injury and death this year too? As a percentage how many car/truck/bus accidents happen everyday and how many people have life changing injuries or suffer death as a consequence? Foolish people exist and will do stupid things whatever their choice of tool is - Youtube has a whole subculture of people doing really dangerous things in the name of 'science'.
2018-12-29
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
United Kingdom

I agree with you, but i make a point of not clicking or viewing their rubbish. If you respond in any way, it validates them.
2018-12-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Stupidity can't be fixed.....
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this article. Please always be responsible for using our drones and do the pre-flight checklist prior to our flight. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-29
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

I saw the pilot on TV with his drone. It was not a DJI machine. He is 'co-operating' with the Tasmanian police
2018-12-29
Use props
TheVegeta1974
Captain
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-12-28 18:31

Flysafely

Alex why the white out ? I cant see ya know lol
2019-1-24
Use props
HH1
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Loved the comment bout the politicians, and what they ingest  Have to also agree with the comment about "not clicking," that's one of many ways to knock down the positive responses.  Media and such:  "Collie bites man!"!  That meens that all Collies are bad.  Also media does not mention that the man had just climbed in a window and was sneaking up on someone in the house.  FACTS are part of the old saying, "Knowledge shall set you free."  Through in some patients as well
2019-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules