OSMO Pocket not charging with provided cable!
11348 20 2018-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rnazitto
lvl.1
United States

I tried charging my Pocket with the cable provided (It's a USB-A to USB-C) but it would do nothing if I plugged it into my laptop or the wall outlet with an adapter. I tried a different cable of the same type, and nothing. I then used a USB-C to USB-C cable and it was charging! So there is something wrong with the amount of power required it seems with the cable DJI gives you? This seems really crazy to me to be true but I have no other explanation.  I see other posts here talking about users not being able to charge their Pockets either. Additionally, my when I turn off my Pocket, the gimble doesn't go into the "storage mode" others talk about either. Can his be fixed with a firmware update? If not, I'm returning this beta-feeling product ASAP.
2018-12-28
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The Osmo Pocket will enter storage mode when powered off. But you need to update your OP in order to access that feature. The update will be shown in the DJI Mimo app.
2018-12-29
Use props
rnazitto
lvl.1
United States

Video of the problem here : https://t.co/yT6Oq75Yws
2018-12-29
Use props
fansebc626bc
New
Qatar

hi i m facing the same problem with the osmo pocket it is not charging and not turning on ,even witjh c to c cable .  
2019-1-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

rnazitto Posted at 2018-12-29 08:38
Video of the problem here : https://t.co/yT6Oq75Yws

If you had read the thread on this forum that showed that clip you would have found that the Osmo Pocket will only change off of a laptop when the laptop is plugged into the mains. The charging requirements for the Pocket is explained in the manual.  
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansebc626bc Posted at 1-12 02:01
hi i m facing the same problem with the osmo pocket it is not charging and not turning on ,even witjh c to c cable .

Hi there, sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, may I know how did it happen?  Did you update to the latest firmware V1.3.0.20 we released on 01.07?
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_AFmsQQ4sne2b
New

United States

fansebc626bc Posted at 1-12 02:01
hi i m facing the same problem with the osmo pocket it is not charging and not turning on ,even witjh c to c cable .

Did you fixed your charging issue?  I am having the issue?
2019-1-26
Use props
Tsun
New
United States

hello everyone
i just got my osmo pocket (an hour ago) tried to charge it whith a power brick (that works for my phone, smarwatch...)... but it only charges if i plug it to a laptop which takes forever to be done any suggestion or is it a malfunction on the one that i have ?
Thank you
2019-2-1
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tsun Posted at 2-1 11:40
hello everyone
i just got my osmo pocket (an hour ago) tried to charge it whith a power brick (that works for my phone, smarwatch...)... but it only charges if i plug it to a laptop which takes forever to be done any suggestion or is it a malfunction on the one that i have ?
Thank you

Osmo pocket can draw up to 2A from USB-C, some older power bank may have a protection against high power draw, I use one of this and have no problem. I can charge from the power bank or the AC adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-2-1
Use props
UlisesF
New
Flight distance : 41719 ft
Mexico

I have the same issue, the osmo pocket doesn't charge. I already try to plug in into my computer, to a wall jack, and to my iPad plug, which delivers 2A
I already upadated to the last firmversion, but now can't charge it with the original cable.
2019-2-1
Use props
UlisesF
New
Flight distance : 41719 ft
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-18 04:26
Hi there, sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, may I know how did it happen?  Did you update to the latest firmware V1.3.0.20 we released on 01.07?

I have the same issue.
I do upadate it to the last version, no is not working.
I already plug it to my laptop, wall plug, and iPad plug, nothing works
2019-2-1
Use props
fans2c8e7a1a
lvl.1
United States

UlisesF Posted at 2-1 17:39
I have the same issue, the osmo pocket doesn't charge. I already try to plug in into my computer, to a wall jack, and to my iPad plug, which delivers 2A
I already upadated to the last firmversion, but now can't charge it with the original cable.

SAME PROBLEM! the cable that came with my Pocket is also not connecting or charging to my laptop now! It had before. This is SO FRUSTRATING!
2019-2-8
Use props
fans2c8e7a1a
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-18 04:26
Hi there, sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, may I know how did it happen?  Did you update to the latest firmware V1.3.0.20 we released on 01.07?

yes, even with the newest update it still isn't charging. I Was working fine before.
2019-2-8
Use props
rebelgnome
New
Australia

Same problem here. Doesn't charge off anything. Tried laptops (both Mac & PC, both plugged into power), Desktops, USB powered hub. Nothing. Can't update the firmware as you need power to do that.

What's the next step? Just 2 months old and only been used about 20 times.
2019-2-15
Use props
Drones & Gadgets Inc.
lvl.1

Pakistan

any luck guys ? mine is doing same
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_gRYgNhXsr6nR
New

Qatar

Hi, did you ever get the issue fixed with your osmo pocket not charging?  I’m having the exact same issue. It’s only been used three times and now won’t turn on. Tried charging it for days. I’m so freaking frustrated!! I wouldn’t buy another DJI product again after this experience.
2021-9-25
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Are you using a 2A charger?

Have you tried a different cord?
2021-9-25
Use props
Miguel Fabian
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

I just realized that my Osmo Pocket won't charge or turn on. Leave it for 45 minutes with a 2.5A adapter, only the green led blinks once.
2021-9-26
Use props
djiuser_Dhvtu8pxLpp3
New

United Kingdom

fans2c8e7a1a Posted at 2019-2-8 16:07
SAME PROBLEM! the cable that came with my Pocket is also not connecting or charging to my laptop now! It had before. This is SO FRUSTRATING!

Hi did you find a way to make it work ?
2022-2-6
Use props
Gerardo San Martin
New

Mexico

Mine charged fine for one day. Now, when plugged, light turns on for a second and doesn't charge. Tried several fast chargers. cables, from laptop, and same problem... Anybody knows what's going on ?
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Gerardo San Martin Posted at 11-18 06:56
Mine charged fine for one day. Now, when plugged, light turns on for a second and doesn't charge. Tried several fast chargers. cables, from laptop, and same problem... Anybody knows what's going on ?

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. May I know what is the model of your camera and will it be fine if you show us a video of the operation indicating the issue? We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules