Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why are Panos only 4MP?
625 5 2018-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

One of the early reviewers using pre-release firmware said that panoramas are quite large, but here they show up in my photo display software as follows -

2434 x 1689  Pixels (4.11 MPixels) (1.44)

4MP is quite low resolution.  You cannot zoom much into them without getting pixellation.  Also, an early reviewer stated that the finished panos ended up on the phone AND on the SD card but that doesn't seem to happen here.  

Was the size reduced in the released firmware, or is there a size setting somewhere that I am missing?  Are the panos not copied to the SD card from the phone when created?

Thanks for your help!

2018-12-29
Use props
TwiggyLobster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1978 ft
United Kingdom

The in-app images are only small, if you download The DJI media maker app (from the Mavic page) then drag the folder from the SD card onto it you will get the full resolution.
2018-12-29
Use props
TwiggyLobster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1978 ft
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/thread-43384-1-1.html Is a forum post with more detail.

If you are a Windows user then Microsoft ICE is another well regarded tool but I’ve never used it (Mac fanboy here)
2018-12-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks, I'll pursue those leads - I do suspect this is something that was changed from the release the early reviewers had, and nobody has noticed.
2018-12-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-29 03:38
Thanks, I'll pursue those leads - I do suspect this is something that was changed from the release the early reviewers had, and nobody has noticed.

I ended up trying both those programs and I got radically better results than with Mimo - 34MB instead of 4MB for instance.  It is strange that this issue doesn't seem to have been discussed or highlighted.  The output from Mimo is fine for sharing but that's all.
2018-12-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-29 14:06
I ended up trying both those programs and I got radically better results than with Mimo - 34MB instead of 4MB for instance.  It is strange that this issue doesn't seem to have been discussed or highlighted.  The output from Mimo is fine for sharing but that's all.

Any comment from DJI on this issue?
2018-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules