Gimbal not responding to RC
3106 4 2018-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deepinder
lvl.1
United States

Hi All,
Looking for some help as my Gimbal is not responding to my RC.
Background - I had a minor crash but there is hardly any physical damage. The gimbal moves around on startup but does not respond to the Remote Controller. When I manually move the gimbal slightly, it shows the movement on the phone screen and the side bar shows the angle at which the gimbal is moving. The camera is also transmitting to the phone.  When the camera is on Follow mode, the Gimbal moves to track the subject.  The White balance also seems to have gone off but looks like I can fix this manually.  When I try to factory reset the Gimbal settings, it says "Gimbal Reset Settings Failed."

I opened the cover behind the gimbal and there was slight damage to one of the connectors but not sure if that is causing this.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated. The drone is flying absolutely normally.
Attached is a picture from the inside of the cover.  And the following link has a video of it...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JjgDa4nJPs55ofYH8
Thanks

under the cover behind Gimbal

under the cover behind Gimbal
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about that mishap that happens to your drone. I would recommend re-calibrating the gimbal to see if you'll be getting the same result, however, if that won't work, we strongly recommend sending the drone to our team so that we could evaluate your drone further. You may refer to the link below if you wish to contact our support.
www.dji.com/support
2018-12-29
Use props
Deepinder
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-29 11:06
Hi, we're sorry to know about that mishap that happens to your drone. I would recommend re-calibrating the gimbal to see you'll be getting the same result, however, if that won't work, we strongly recommend sending the drone to our team so that we could evaluate your drone further. You may refer to the link below if you wish to contact our support.
www.dji.com/support

Hi.. when I try to recalibrate the Gimbal, nothing happens.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Deepinder Posted at 2018-12-31 00:36
Hi.. when I try to recalibrate the Gimbal, nothing happens.

Hi, thanks for your update. Unfortunately, it seems that the gimbal of your aircraft is not working properly. I would recommend sending the unit to our facility so that we couldn't damage the drone further. Please refer to the link that was posted on #2. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-1
Use props
deepindersinghb
lvl.1
United States

I sent my unit all the way from India to the US to get it repaired based on your recommendation.  While DJI replaced the unit under the DJI Care Program, when they shipped the unit back, they either lost or forgot to ship my remote.  This has just all turned into a huge nightmare because of DJI's poor customer service.  
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules