9343 21 2018-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

It appears the Lighnting "plug" included in with the Osmo Pocket won't connect or plug in to an Iphone if you have a "rugged" case.  I've got an Otterbox on my Iphone XR and the plug doesn't reach because of the cases size.

I don't want to remove Iphone from the case in those instances I want to use the Mimo app.  Anyone have suggestions or links to "adaptors" to lenghthen the plug?  
2018-12-29
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Probably easier just to sand down the side the the OP plugs into a bit
2018-12-29
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 12-29 06:58
Probably easier just to sand down the side the the OP plugs into a bit, or use another case until someone makes a longer adapter

Thanks for the reply.  Sanding down the sides of the OP plug won't work as when plugged into the phone it's supposed to fit flush.  Issue is the case is "thicker" thereby the plug needs to be longer or have an extension.   

Changing out cases isn't an option for me.  Otterbox cases has saved my Iphones over the years from damage.  I trust them.        

I was hoping someone found an "extension" or adaptor.  OR using the USB-C OP plug and then finding some type of USB-C to Lightning adaptor...

Thanks again for the response..
2018-12-29
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

QuadBart Posted at 12-29 07:20
Thanks for the reply.  Sanding down the sides of the OP plug won't work as when plugged into the phone it's supposed to fit flush.  Issue is the case is "thicker" thereby the plug needs to be longer or have an extension.   

Changing out cases isn't an option for me.  Otterbox cases has saved my Iphones over the years from damage.  I trust them.        

an extension adaptor will result in a very unrealible connection.
But you could use lightning extension cable to fit on the OP and into the iphone.
2018-12-29
Use props
CruiseHabit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue with the USB-C connector.  I get they'll never have a size that works for everyone, but it seems like if they had one just 1/8" longer it would help a lot of people.  Would gladly pay for/order such a thing.
2018-12-29
Use props
fans0e29c4d5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79364 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get a usb-c to lightening cable and connect it from the bottom, make sure the side connector is inactive. That should work for you, you’ll just have the phone in one hand and the OP in the other. I would also prefer a slightly longer connector to work with my moment case, I have a case it will work with, but not a fan of switching cases, over and over again.
2018-12-29
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

Order this short cable from IOGear and you can connect it to the bottom of the OP. Your standard lighting cable will then connect to the IOGear cable.
2018-12-31
Use props
Jakefudge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155676 ft
United Kingdom

I tried that adapter and didn’t work through the usb c. iPhone X. Should it work on my phone?
2018-12-31
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

Jakefudge Posted at 2018-12-31 05:36
I tried that adapter and didn’t work through the usb c. iPhone X. Should it work on my phone?

Did you disconnect the phone adapter from the OP? It won't work with the phone adapter plugged into the OP!
2019-1-4
Use props
djiuser_27tB1Ajy7DS6
lvl.1

United States

Desperate times call for desperate measures...    
2019-5-16
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/s1iwvRTnEOc

I use a Lightning extender with my Otterbox case, and I talk about it in this video. Works fine.
2019-5-22
Use props
Thanohano44
lvl.2
United States

Pics2Flicks Posted at 2019-5-22 06:46
https://youtu.be/s1iwvRTnEOc

I use a Lightning extender with my Otterbox case, and I talk about it in this video. Works fine.

I hope this works.
2020-12-9
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

I had one but it causes too much separation between the phone and the OP so I just took the case when I use it. I tried an ultra-thin case and that worked (iPhone XS Max) but I didn't care for it so I don't use it either.
2020-12-9
Use props
notdmartian
lvl.2

Singapore

use the apple lightning to usb-c cable and connect from bottom. messy but will work hehe
2020-12-9
Use props
microbmen
New
Flight distance : 74426 ft
United States

notdmartian Posted at 2020-12-9 21:12
use the apple lightning to usb-c cable and connect from bottom. messy but will work hehe

ive ordered a few different cheap after market lightening connectors ... hoping one of them is slightly longer...  ill let everyone know if one works better than the rest.
2021-4-1
Use props
fansfe6d4fdd
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Any luck with this? There are so many aftermarket options, I’m surprised that they do not have a slightly longer version for sale.
2021-7-26
Use props
mrveronn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16093 ft
Canada

Another option is a USB-C female to Lightning male adapter, might be a tad shorter than the lightning extender...
2021-9-3
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

How many adapters should DJI supply in order to accommodate all the different phone cases?
2021-9-3
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 2021-9-3 18:46
How many adapters should DJI supply in order to accommodate all the different phone cases?

Not that many- but when the included ones dont work with the official iPhone cases - that's useless. Surely at the least they should work with an iPhone in an apple case?
2022-3-4
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Satureyes Posted at 3-4 13:34
Not that many- but when the included ones dont work with the official iPhone cases - that's useless. Surely at the least they should work with an iPhone in an apple case?

But yet, it doesn't.
The cases are designed to fit the Apple lightning plug. Hundreds of 3rd party cables work just fine.

However, they don't have to "support" either the phone or adaptor.
2022-3-4
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 3-4 16:11
But yet, it doesn't.
The cases are designed to fit the Apple lightning plug. Hundreds of 3rd party cables work just fine.

No, they dont have to support it. Of course. It's up to DJI to support it.  there's not other phones other than iPhones that use lightning, so by including the lightning adapter they're clearly aiming at iPhone users I dont think it's unreasonable to expect DJI to allow connection to an iPhone that at the minimum has the apple case on the phone.

It wasn't an issue with the iPhone 11 cases and pre them - they had an open bottom of the case. I only realised this issue when I tried to use my original pocket with my iPhone 12 Pro.

Like another poster said - Id be happy to pay for a 'longer' adapter rather than trying to make it work with third party stuff and superglue.
2022-3-5
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Satureyes Posted at 3-5 06:41
No, they dont have to support it. Of course. It's up to DJI to support it.  there's not other phones other than iPhones that use lightning, so by including the lightning adapter they're clearly aiming at iPhone users I dont think it's unreasonable to expect DJI to allow connection to an iPhone that at the minimum has the apple case on the phone.

It wasn't an issue with the iPhone 11 cases and pre them - they had an open bottom of the case. I only realised this issue when I tried to use my original pocket with my iPhone 12 Pro.

You missed my point.

The "CABLES" don't need to withstand any stress. Cables are flexible. The adapter is not. The longer the connector, the less strength.

2022-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules