Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How does this look? Blurry or look ok?
983 5 2018-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Squashpile
Second Officer
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

I'm just now getting to trying to color grade DLOG, but I have had more issues with focus. I'm sure the color is not so good since this is the first time I have tried.
I'm wondering what you guys think about the focus? Does this looked focused to you? I used infinity on this. I did some yesterday and tried manual AF. Just trying to see what I like best. I think this may look better than the manual AF (c1).

Also If anyone is using the free of resolve can you tell me if you can export h.265 from windows? I can import 10 bit, but seems you can only export h.264 with this version. Is that correct or is something else wrong. I may buy Resolve but want to make sure I can do 10bit/h.265 exports.

Does this focus look ok to you? Thanks for any thoughts.

2018-12-29
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

I am a newbie on video editing and knowledge , but from  my point,  I watched  this on 17inc 4K monitor it looks to me little bit blurry especially the objects at far distance. Nevertheless very nice video.
2018-12-29
Use props
Atlas_Aus
First Officer

Thailand

Mate I too am new.. I am thinking it is not as sharp as it should be and it also appears to be tilting to the left ? BTW I don't think you have to purchase Davinci if it is for personal use
2018-12-29
Use props
Squashpile
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for the input. Just does not seem as sharp as it should be to me either. No matter how I focus on any vids. Maybe I'm crazy. I watch these on a 1440p PC monitor and a 65 in B7A LG 4K TV. I'm not saying they look bad. Just don't see sharp enough no matter what I try.

Not sure I see any tilting. I did have to correct the D-LOG distortion in Resolve. Manual mode, nd32, iso 100, 1/60 and nothing really showed overexposed with aperture at 2.8.

Probably could have used ND16 but sky would have been blown out until like over 6 aperture. It was pretty overcast and later in the day. Did not want aperture that high because of sharpness issues and that is what I was trying to test. Focus/sharpness.

I have the free version of Davinci Resolve 15.2, but it will not output h.265. You can import it but not output h.265 from what I can tell. I was wondering if the paid windows version allowed that.

If my vids are not focused none of that matters anyway. Maybe I'm too picky or my eyes are bad, but my Mavic Air seems better.  Here is a little longer video.

2018-12-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, it seems a bit soft.
Might be focus issue (not sure if M2 has focus option), but most likely it is because you switch to D-Log / a different color profile.
What were your color profile settings?
2018-12-30
Use props
Squashpile
Second Officer
United States

Just D-log 4k FOV and D-LOG to Rec.709 LUT with some slight grading. I have tried to focus every way possible. Using normal mode it still always seems soft too right off the sd card.
2018-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules