Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bunraku
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4583 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Just got the Zenmuse x3 Osmo for Xmas.

Any idea whats causing the trees to flicker and ghost?
This is 4k, but also the same at lower res at 30FPS.

2018-12-30
Use props
Savannah Quiroz
New

United States

I'm also experiencing the same issue. I had to update it before I could use it, I'm hoping its a bug from that.
2018-12-30
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

1. It seems like you are in low light
2. what settings did you use?  
* Are you using manual shutter & iso
* If so what?
* Are you using auto or manual white balance?
3. What SD card are you using ?
2018-12-30
Use props
Bunraku
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Vermifuge Posted at 12-30 15:28
1. It seems like you are in low light
2. what settings did you use?  
* Are you using manual shutter & iso

Hi Vermifuge

Just to explain first of all I don't come from any sort of photography/film background.
However I have had a Phantom 3 and still own a Mavic Pro and have always used Auto and not manual ISO/Shutter settings. However I usually use Cloudy AWB and Vivid colour settings and my films have always turned out ok.

So I was also using Auto settings with the Osmo.

1 It was 3pm in the afternoon here in Scotland and is not a sunny day and it does get dark around 4pm.
2 NTSC(Although I live in UK) to give 3840 x 2160 30fps. However I also tried at 1920 x 1080 30fps. Flicker at 50Mhz. Auto shutter and ISO. Colour have tried none and Vivid (Video above is vivid).
3 SanDisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD SDXC Memory Card 80MBs UHSI Class 10

Any help much appreciated as this was my big Xmas present and bought loads of accessories etc and seems useless at the moment.
2018-12-31
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

Bunraku Posted at 12-31 01:55
Hi Vermifuge

Just to explain first of all I don't come from any sort of photography/film background.

The osmo line of cameras are finicky beasts....  

You need a proper ND filter to get correctly exposed video.  The Osmo cameras have a wide option aperture. As a rule of thumb, always have the histogram view on screen. 1. Record in manual mode.  2. Pick the desired resolution and frame rate 3. Set the shutter speed to 2x the frame-rate. (in the case of 24/48FPS choose the nearest option)  4. Set the white balance (auto is OK but manual will be better) 5. Apply the correct ND Filter...  When applying a ND filter refer to the histogram, use the filter that brings the histogram peak to the center of the meter. (not shifted too far left or right) Follow these steps you should get nice clean and bright video...  

NOTE: when shooting indoors an ND filter should not be used unless studio lighting is being used
2018-12-31
Use props
Bunraku
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Vermifuge Posted at 12-31 02:55

You need a proper ND filter to get correctly exposed video.  The Osmo cameras have a wide option aperture. As a rule of thumb, always have the histogram view on screen. 1. Record in manual mode.  2. Pick the desired resolution and frame rate 3. Set the shutter speed to 2x the frame-rate. (in the case of 24/48FPS choose the nearest option)  4. Set the white balance (auto is OK but manual will be better) 5. Apply the correct ND Filter...  When applying a ND filter refer to the histogram, use the filter that brings the histogram peak to the center of the meter. (not shifted too far left or right) Follow these steps you should get nice clean and bright video...  

Thanks Vermifume.

2018-12-31
Use props
Bunraku
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Vermifuge Posted at 12-31 02:55

You need a proper ND filter to get correctly exposed video.  The Osmo cameras have a wide option aperture. As a rule of thumb, always have the histogram view on screen. 1. Record in manual mode.  2. Pick the desired resolution and frame rate 3. Set the shutter speed to 2x the frame-rate. (in the case of 24/48FPS choose the nearest option)  4. Set the white balance (auto is OK but manual will be better) 5. Apply the correct ND Filter...  When applying a ND filter refer to the histogram, use the filter that brings the histogram peak to the center of the meter. (not shifted too far left or right) Follow these steps you should get nice clean and bright video...  

Thanks Vermifume.

I put a faster write speed Micro SD card in and changed the shutter speed to 60 using UHD at 30 FPS. Picture is much much improved. I've attached a video with 3 parts.

1st part is Auto White Balance.
2nd part is Cloudy White Balance
3rd part is Cloudy WB and also Vivid colour.

I don't have any ND Filters yet, but they are coming.

I still have 2 issues I don't know if you can help with.

1) I use Powerdirector for video editing and never had an issue with editing before.
However if you look at around 11 seconds at the bottom of the tree you will see some compression/distortion. This is not in the raw footage.

2 When I upload to youtube the compression is terrible. There is really bad distortion and the video is unwatchable. Any idea whats the best settings?

Thanks

2018-12-31
Use props
Thomas Faber
lvl.1

Germany

Hello dear all,

I would need your help maybe someone has an idea. I just realized at my dji osmo that all the pictures and videos are obscure and totaly out of focus, despite all settings. I see on the computer that the picture has a size of 4000x2200 but they are nit sharp. Could you please help me? Do somebody has an idea? Or a tip for me for a setting which I may missey? Thanks a lot

2019-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules