Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Focus Motor No longer smooth and leaking
2552 35 2018-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa605563a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11778 ft
United States

Only used it twice but know it’s starting to leak and not as smooth as when I first got it. Not sure if other people are having the same issues.
C4FB72D0-C004-40D6-B310-3A5EB14B0DE2.jpeg
944321ED-F5D0-4292-A16D-7381DE228B23.jpeg
2018-12-30
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

This looks nasty! You should probably just create a return request.
2018-12-31
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

Crazy, I just got my Ronin S Focus Motor in yesterday and only installed/ calibrated it and noticed the same thing.

I also attached a photo to show the same thing.

What makes me mad about this, i ordered this Motor on Dec 13th and didn't get it till the 31st. Wasn't on back order either, but they sent out an email telling me it was gonna be delayed but had no idea why. They ended up giving me 10$ credit which will do so much for me on DJI website.  Just wish this company would get their ... together.
2019-1-1
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
United States

DJI QA is bad for all things Ronin-S
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for what happened, this issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further check, I will come back to you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HRPOWWAA Posted at 1-1 15:20
Crazy, I just got my Ronin S Focus Motor in yesterday and only installed/ calibrated it and noticed the same thing.

I also attached a photo to show the same thing.

Hi there, sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our customer service, may I have the order number for further support?
The Focus Motor issue has been forwarded to our engineers for verification, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, thank you.
2019-1-2
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 05:02
Hi there, sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our customer service, may I have the order number for further support?
The Focus Motor issue has been forwarded to our engineers for verification, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, thank you.

Order Number: 0013915948094 | Ordered On: 2018-12-13
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HRPOWWAA Posted at 1-2 07:40
Order Number: 0013915948094 | Ordered On: 2018-12-13

Thanks for the order number, the shipment should be delayed because of the stock issue, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We have verified with our engineers that the Focus Motor will need to be sent in, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance, thank you.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for your patience, we have verified with our engineers that it is recommended to send in the Focus Motor for replacement/repair service, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index thank you.
2019-1-2
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 20:31
Thanks for your patience, we have verified with our engineers that it is recommended to send in the Focus Motor for replacement/repair service, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index thank you.

Great,

im going to have to send this out and wait what? almost another month or even more now? should have known.

such BS.
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HRPOWWAA Posted at 1-3 06:53
Great,

im going to have to send this out and wait what? almost another month or even more now? should have known.

Once you start the case, please post the case number here, we will inform the repair center to speed up the whole process as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-4
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 05:02
Hi there, sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our customer service, may I have the order number for further support?
The Focus Motor issue has been forwarded to our engineers for verification, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, thank you.

How do I get a replacement for the focus motor? Can I send you my info to get it rolling. This thing is leaking like crazy! How did you guys not catch this issue?
2019-1-4
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 04:47
Once you start the case, please post the case number here, we will inform the repair center to speed up the whole process as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Why cant you just send us replacements for them? This is so wrong. I have spent more then 20 years in the Navy and never seen so much stuff is wrong with a product. I will most certain let my 5000+ crew know to avoid DJI. Took my money, sent me junk that leaks and now you wont me to send it back a wait 1 to 3 months?

That's crazy! How do I start a refund instead of a repair?
2019-1-4
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 04:47

I just sent an email to them waiting for and Order Repair number. Since trying to file an order repair on the website was impossible. Once i get the info i will post in here. I just think for once you guys should give the customers what they want. i NEED a new one and would love to have one before i ship this one back out. Literally just need a new motor.

Thank you
2019-1-4
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
United States

HRPOWWAA Posted at 1-4 09:39
I just sent an email to them waiting for and Order Repair number. Since trying to file an order repair on the website was impossible. Once i get the info i will post in here. I just think for once you guys should give the customers what they want. i NEED a new one and would love to have one before i ship this one back out. Literally just need a new motor.

Thank you

I had the same issue. It said serial number not found
2019-1-4
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

I did not had an issue with the products but I second that the repairs or replacements should be handled much quicker (if possible at all).
These items do not cost much to produce it is the brainwork behind it that gives the value.. making some hassle for replacement or slow firmware updates just hurts the brand indefinitely. It is not what people expect since we are all using amazon and the likes with fastest turnaround times and perfect customer service.
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HRPOWWAA Posted at 1-4 09:39
I just sent an email to them waiting for and Order Repair number. Since trying to file an order repair on the website was impossible. Once i get the info i will post in here. I just think for once you guys should give the customers what they want. i NEED a new one and would love to have one before i ship this one back out. Literally just need a new motor.

Thank you

Hi HRPOWWAA, we are so sorry that we must receive the unit first before we send another replacement to you, did you receive the email response? I failed to get the email ticket number via your Forum account, if not, may I have the ticket number so that we can inform the team to assist as soon as possible? Thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa605563a Posted at 1-4 06:56
Why cant you just send us replacements for them? This is so wrong. I have spent more then 20 years in the Navy and never seen so much stuff is wrong with a product. I will most certain let my 5000+ crew know to avoid DJI. Took my money, sent me junk that leaks and now you wont me to send it back a wait 1 to 3 months?

That's crazy! How do I start a refund instead of a repair?

We are really sorry that we must receive the device first for the evaluation according to the After-Sales policy, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, this is not the experience we want you to have with us, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance, the team will help to create the case. Thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
haell
lvl.4
Sweden

My unit is also leaking after using it only 2 times... I sent mine back to the Official DJI Store in Stockholm to let them take care of this for me. But I'm already starting to fear that this might be a lengthy process with many months of waiting for a replacement unit...
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

haell Posted at 1-9 00:54
My unit is also leaking after using it only 2 times... I sent mine back to the Official DJI Store in Stockholm to let them take care of this for me. But I'm already starting to fear that this might be a lengthy process with many months of waiting for a replacement unit...

Hi haell, sorry to know your Focus Motor has the same issue, I'm sure your dealer will take care of it and hope you will get the replacement soon.
2019-1-9
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-7 03:25
Hi HRPOWWAA, we are so sorry that we must receive the unit first before we send another replacement to you, did you receive the email response? I failed to get the email ticket number via your Forum account, if not, may I have the ticket number so that we can inform the team to assist as soon as possible? Thank you.

Hello Mindy, sorry for the late reply.
Im sending the Focus Motor out tomorrow morning. The Case Number: CAS-2645486-F5F3F3
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HRPOWWAA Posted at 1-10 09:43
Hello Mindy, sorry for the late reply.
Im sending the Focus Motor out tomorrow morning. The Case Number: CAS-2645486-F5F3F3

Well received, our repair center will take care of it for you when it arrives, if you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.
2019-1-11
Use props
haell
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-9 01:45
Hi haell, sorry to know your Focus Motor has the same issue, I'm sure your dealer will take care of it and hope you will get the replacement soon.

I'm quite relieved that the DJI Official store Stockholm decided to just send me a replacement unit directly - that's good service

Let's hope this unit fares better!
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

haell Posted at 1-14 02:15
I'm quite relieved that the DJI Official store Stockholm decided to just send me a replacement unit directly - that's good service

Let's hope this unit fares better!

Glad to hear that, hope you will get the replacement soon.
2019-1-15
Use props
haell
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-15 00:58
Glad to hear that, hope you will get the replacement soon.

Hi Mindy,

I just received my replacement unit but straight out of the box there are sign of oil leaking already. The unit functions as it should though.

Could you please advise the next course of action?

2019-1-16
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

haell Posted at 1-16 05:12
Hi Mindy,

I just received my replacement unit but straight out of the box there are sign of oil leaking already. The unit functions as it should though.

I'm not Mindy, but I'd say get a refund and invest in a Nucleus-N. It's a beast!
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

haell Posted at 1-16 05:12
Hi Mindy,

Hi haell, this phenomenon will not affect the Ronin-S Focus Motor's function, and the oil is nonhazardous. Please wipe it off with alcohol or a paper towel. Our R&D department will improve the tightness of the Focus Motor gear's joint to fix this issue in the future.
2019-1-17
Use props
haell
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-17 23:40
Hi haell, this phenomenon will not affect the Ronin-S Focus Motor's function, and the oil is nonhazardous. Please wipe it off with alcohol or a paper towel. Our R&D department will improve the tightness of the Focus Motor gear's joint to fix this issue in the future.

Hi Mindy, thank you for the reply.

Just a though, won't this affect the longevity of the moving mechanical parts within unit? I'mean; won't the moving parts seize, make noise or cause abnormal wear and tear without grease at one point or another?
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

haell Posted at 1-18 00:54
Hi Mindy, thank you for the reply.

Just a though, won't this affect the longevity of the moving mechanical parts within unit? I'mean; won't the moving parts seize, make noise or cause abnormal wear and tear without grease at one point or another?

Hi haell, it will not affect the longevity of the Focus Motor, please don't worry.
2019-1-18
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-18 05:40
Hi haell, it will not affect the longevity of the Focus Motor, please don't worry.

So, ive shipped mine out to get a new one and i had to send an email out to see why i havent gotten mine back... Now there all out of stock and looking like the 31st for a restock..Then they said they have to undergo my focus motor and go from there? whatever that means..

i knew this crap would take  forever.  So disappointed with you guys. Dropped the ball again..

and here you are telling me that you would get this taken care of asap and have one shipped out asap because i have a few jobs that will require this piece..

Thanks again
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_Z6QOITRwrsIC
New

Croatia

Hello Mindy and fellow follow focus buyers,
mine leaking too, I got it for a month now, but didn't use it much, only 1-2 times. Currently filming a review for Ronin-S and focus motor, and just noticed the same issue.
So fansa605563a posted: "Only used it twice but know it’s starting to leak and not as smooth as when I first got it." - saying "not as smooth", and DJI Mindy replys to heall: "Please wipe it off with alcohol or a paper towel." and "it will not affect the longevity of the Focus Motor, please don't worry.".
Can you provide us with some insight Mindy, I also ordered mine from DJI web store, I'm in Croatia/Europe. It took a month for that motor to arrive and I'm not happy spending money on return packages and even more sad waiting a few months just to get another leaking motor (according to haell's experience).
Is there a workaround, can we dissasemble it, tighten it, seal it better, anything at all that we could do ourselves? I know it a warranty issue, it wasn't too cheap but it's not like it's that great deal of money, my point is if I'm willing to open it myself, is there anything I could do about it?
Thanks in advance!

2019-2-4
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy...where are you??

we all have questions about this lovely focus motor.
2019-2-6
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

So I just got my new replacement focus motor...

I legit turned it on for 2 mins and calibrated the motor and it’s leaking again.

You say just wipe it clean and it’s good to go? So what happened when the oil stop leaking because there is none left?! You guys still going to replace each one of them?!

Or do we get a refund because this is a real issue.
DEBD9F88-B3C2-4BCD-AA1D-A8290BC53C26.jpeg
2019-2-15
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

Hello DJI.. You guys just give up on replying?
2019-2-21
Use props
ddrummer1193
lvl.2
United States

Yea they did. They have our money what do they care.

That has been their attitude this entire time. With every single one of the S's crippling flaws, "ill forward that to our engineers" and then silence.
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HRPOWWAA Posted at 1-29 12:44
So, ive shipped mine out to get a new one and i had to send an email out to see why i havent gotten mine back... Now there all out of stock and looking like the 31st for a restock..Then they said they have to undergo my focus motor and go from there? whatever that means..

i knew this crap would take  forever.  So disappointed with you guys. Dropped the ball again..

Sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year, I have replied your new thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-182137-1-1.html Please check and keep us updated in the new thread, thanks.
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules