Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Out of Focus
697 4 2018-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DennisC-KY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 562195 ft
United States

I've had an inspire 1 po for ove a year, but don't fly it much.  My business partner has flown it more, but not a lot.  It seems everytime we use some or all of the photos are out of focus.  Sometimes just a little, sometimes more than just a little, and sometimes quite a bit.  The camera is the DJI it came with.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Anyone know how to fix it?  Seems like a really good camera, so I'm curious about what is going on with it.  

Thanks,

Dennis
2018-12-30
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Which camera did it come with? You're not giving us much to go with here.

Mark G.
2019-1-2
Use props
DennisC-KY
lvl.1
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 1-2 07:51
Which camera did it come with? You're not giving us much to go with here.

Mark G.

Thanks for the reply, Mark.  The camera is the DJI it came with, which according to the Inspire-1 Guide is "a 15mm f/1.7 (35mm format eqivalent 30mm lens and 3 axis stabilized gimbal".  It is a detachable camera that is black and about 2 3/8 inches wide.  The only brand name it has on it is "DJI".  Is there another place I need to look for information that would be helpful?  

Thanks,

Dennis
2019-1-2
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

DennisC-KY Posted at 1-2 08:14
Thanks for the reply, Mark.  The camera is the DJI it came with, which according to the Inspire-1 Guide is "a 15mm f/1.7 (35mm format eqivalent 30mm lens and 3 axis stabilized gimbal".  It is a detachable camera that is black and about 2 3/8 inches wide.  The only brand name it has on it is "DJI".  Is there another place I need to look for information that would be helpful?  

Thanks,

That camera is an X5 with interchangeable lenses and doesn't come with fixed focus, in order to focus it on your subject, tap on the subject on the devise screen and you will see it focusing and hear a beep, alternately you can calibrate the lens to infinity focus, so that it pretty much is always in fixed focus as long as you are in manual with the focus set to infinity. Do a search here for lens calibration or infinity focus or hyperfocus as there are a number of posts covering the procedure. And yes the camera is very good, the lens not the best but very decent.
2019-1-3
Use props
DennisC-KY
lvl.1
United States

mixchief Posted at 1-3 12:20
That camera is an X5 with interchangeable lenses and doesn't come with fixed focus, in order to focus it on your subject, tap on the subject on the devise screen and you will see it focusing and hear a beep, alternately you can calibrate the lens to infinity focus, so that it pretty much is always in fixed focus as long as you are in manual with the focus set to infinity. Do a search here for lens calibration or infinity focus or hyperfocus as there are a number of posts covering the procedure. And yes the camera is very good, the lens not the best but very decent.

Thanks very much, Mixchief!  Good information.  I'll do some testing and look up the literature indicated.  Happy New Year!

Dennis
2019-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules