ALL THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!
1434 8 2014-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jfftorsrud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9475 ft
United States

It amazes me that DJI has so much NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, about a lot of their products.  Yet, they refuse to respond and make things right!

I think the only way you resolve this problem is simple.

STOP BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS!  WHEN THEIR SALES BEGIN TO PLUMMIT, IT MIGHT, MIGHT WAKE THEM UP! (Doubtful though, since their sales are based on pure GREED!)

Until they respond to my complaints and remedy the situation.  My MONEY STAYS IN MY WALLET!  Not DJI's!

BOYCOT DJI PRODUCTS!
2014-11-8
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Wow, thank you for such an informative and rational post.
However, I choose to ignore your advice at this time, and instead rely on my personal experience with DJI products, which has been an entirely positive adventure into the unknown.
2014-11-8
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

I couldn't be any happier with DJI.
2014-11-8
Use props
rasto.stolar
New

Slovakia

I have excellent experience with DJI. I had a problem with the new update, but very quickly advised me and the problem was solved.
2014-11-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

DJI, as with most companies will have a few defective units being sold.  You can deduce that a conservative count of a couple hundred thousand units that are manufactured, very, very few have defects.  I bought my Phantom V2+ in April and 2 extra batteries to go with it.  The only mod I have made is the copper shield between the electronics and GPS antenna.  To date, I have made more than 100 flights, some lasting almost 20 minutes, reached a max altitude of more than 2000', distance of more than 3500', all with stock parts.  I have had excellent performance with it.  It is a very small percentage of defective parts being made.  Boycotting a good company is not the answer.  Sorry, but I cannot agree with the boycott.
2014-11-8
Use props
nfatoys
lvl.3

United States

Your rant makes the weak assumption that people are following every problem that you've experienced with DJI and that we would blindly follow because we understand what you're talking about.   I have no clue who you are or what you're talking about.   If you have a beef then you need to list each problem and specify what action you took to try to get the problem resolved, and what specific action DJI took in response.
2014-11-8
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

I think most users and viewers here have a mind of their own and will, or will not buy any DJI product based on their knowledge and info gained from places such as this great users site..

This is a consumers right and given we are all clear thinking rational people (most of the time!). A decision to boycott any manufacturers product is therefore a personal one and no cause is served by trying to whip up a revolution in my humble opinion.  DJI are going through some growing pains for sure but they are feeding back to this site. I will make up my own mind  about my continuing support for them and do not need to be guided in that decision by anyone else.

This is a pointless thread and I would rather see topics focussed on practical help ,information and solutions for those of us who want to get the best from this astonishing piece of technology.  
2014-11-8
Use props
adrian
New

Canada

Anyone who hasn't experienced a problem with there DJI equipment , of course is happy , its an amazing product - I have two p2's  with all bells and whistles!!!!.. the PROBLEM lies when you do experience an issue & do not receive any support & it is almost impossible to get in touch with a real human. I have spent hours that turned into days working on stupid little issues that could have been solved a lot sooner had DJI been more informative & helpful.
2014-11-8
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

I certainly feel bad for those who have had issues. I have had a few but all minor and none needing any more support than this forum offers or simply for me to put it away for awhile to clear my head and then address the issue again.

I do agree that if DJI continues to get so much negative press (well, internet press) it should certainly affect the companies bottom line.

My main worry is someone flying high and losing all control due to an equipment malfunction and a drone falling out of the sky and causing damage to a person or structure. I watched this today:

Its good that the operator managed to get it over a park before it dropped out of the sky like a paperweight but personally I think its very irresponsible to fly that high over a populated area. Also clouds contain moisture and have density which is why I suspect this happened.

I certainly could be wrong about the clouds but I still often wonder how many "manufacturer defect" crashes are actually caused by pilot error or ignorance.
2014-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules