Mavic 2 Pro RC nor Connecting to Note 8
2585 14 2018-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhoenixKingMJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220738 ft
South Africa

Hi all, just a heads up, i have search the forum regarding this isssue and tried the solutions but nothing seem to work.

So up untill 5 days ago my Mavic 2 Pro RC connected fine to DJI Go 4 App on my note 8 without any issues, as off today, i'm unable to connect it to the DJI Go 4 App on the note 8 at all. The rc connects to the drone but just not to the DJI Go 4 App.

I have tried: With no luck
1 - both cable ports (one at a time)
2 - used different cables
3 - uninstalled dji go 4, reinstalled it again
4 - switched note 8 on and off.
5 - disable enable developer options for debugging etc.
6 - rolled back the firmware of the rc and drone

I have tried: With luck (connected to dji go 4)
1 - Iphone
2 - A different android device (Much older device)

Please has anybody encountered this with mavic 2 pro and note 8? How did you fix it? Or do you have any suggestions on how i can fix this please. As its making my Mavic 2 pro a very expensive paper weight at the moment.
2018-12-31
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

I am using S9 NOTE which is a level higher than S8 Note ,we all know DJI drones are not born to marry with Android phones and creates itsy ,bitsy problems.I am some times expering signal, lost or DJG GO 4 back to home screen in mid flight which is scary to me and I have no permanent solution for this yet. Connection from to phone and aircraft is ok (so far), my only quess may be Android OS latest update may causing your issue.
2018-12-31
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately can't tell what your #5 means, you need to turn on USB Debugging for the GO 4 app to work on the Note8.

1) On your Note8, go to Settings.
2) At the bottom, select About Phone
3) Select Software Information
4) 5th down is Build Number... Tap repeatedly on Build number seven (7) times. If you have security enabled, you will have to authorize Developer Mode....
5) Back up two levels, back to Settings and a new menu item has been added at the bottom -> Select Developer Options
6) Scroll down to Debugging and enable USB debugging.
7) Close settings and restart GO4 if needed...

Good luck and let us know if that works for you...
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi PhoenixKing MJ, our apologies for the inconvenience. Please try to enable USB debugging under Developer options. You can refer on the attachment below. You can also try to open DJI Go 4 app again, go to "Me" option which is located on the lower left side of your screen and the tap on the cogwheel and make sure to Enable  USB Developer option (USB Debugging). Please keep me posted if the issue persists,thanks.

2018-12-31
Use props
PhoenixKingMJ
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-12-31 11:44
Hi PhoenixKing MJ, our apologies for the inconvenience. Please try to enable USB debugging under Developer options. You can refer on the attachment below. You can also try to open DJI Go 4 app again, go to "Me" option which is located on the lower left side of your screen and the tap on the cogwheel and make sure to Enable  USB Developer option (USB Debugging). Please keep me posted if the issue persists,thanks.

[view_image]

I have turned developer option debugging on both on the device and in dji go but still no luck
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PhoenixKingMJ Posted at 1-2 23:05
I have turned developer option debugging on both on the device and in dji go but still no luck

I'm really sorry to hear that. May I know the current android version you are using? You can try to update your android version so that we can isolate the issue. If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-3
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try this procedure
Power off Note 8
Connect Note 8 to RC
Switch controller on
Switch Note 8 on
Check Go 4 running
Switch drone on.

This is the only way to get my Tab S2 to connect, hopefully will work for you.
2019-1-3
Use props
PhoenixKingMJ
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-3 14:38
I'm really sorry to hear that. May I know the current android version you are using? You can try to update your android version so that we can isolate the issue. If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.

I am on the latest version of android 8.0, and the current version is, N950FXXS5CRK4/N950FOXM5CRI3/N950FXXU5CRK4

Will try and make a video later today, and post the link here, thank you so much
2019-1-3
Use props
PhoenixKingMJ
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-3 14:38
I'm really sorry to hear that. May I know the current android version you are using? You can try to update your android version so that we can isolate the issue. If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.

I am on the latest version of android 8.0, and the current version is, N950FXXS5CRK4/N950FOXM5CRI3/N950FXXU5CRK4

Will try and make a video later today, and post the link here, thank you so much
2019-1-3
Use props
PhoenixKingMJ
lvl.1
South Africa

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 1-3 15:12
Try this procedure
Power off Note 8
Connect Note 8 to RC

Will give this a go and report back
2019-1-3
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

PhoenixKingMJ Posted at 1-3 23:42
Will give this a go and report back

I had a note 8 aswell, had lots of connection problems too.
on stock, I couldn't connect aswell. what fixed it for me was the following;

Uninstall DJI Go app from your phone, then reinstall.

Install DJI Go while your note 8 is connected to the controller.

(I think it asks for something about the USB after installing, just authorise)

Then if the DJI Go app hasn't started up already, start it up.

You still can't connect at this point, pull down the notification bar, it should show the usb connection modes.

Press it and switch to something like 'charge only'. Check DJI app if it did connect now.

If it didn't, switch the charge only back to what it was, still not? try other options.

This fixed my problem, hope it works for you too. Keep note! I used custom roms on my rooted note 8, most of the custom roms gave alot of problems with the DJI Go app.
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PhoenixKingMJ Posted at 1-3 23:38
I am on the latest version of android 8.0, and the current version is, N950FXXS5CRK4/N950FOXM5CRI3/N950FXXU5CRK4

You're welcome. Please keep us posted.
2019-1-4
Use props
PhoenixKingMJ
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-4 08:40
You're welcome. Please keep us posted.

Hi, so it turns out it might be an issue with my phone somehow. Why i say this is that, normally if i connect my phone to my pc, my pc detects it as a flash drive and i can interact with the phone that way. But i just noticed that plugging my phone into the pc, it no longer gives me that option it only chargers the phone but i cannot acces the sd card or the internal memory of the phone like a flash drive anymore. This leads ne to believe that there may be an issue with my usb-c port on my phone or the latest update caused an issue with data transfer over usb-c port. Will have to take my phone to the shop to have it checked out. Thanx for all the help everyone amd sorry for waisting anyone's time with this.
2019-1-7
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

PhoenixKingMJ Posted at 1-7 08:00
Hi, so it turns out it might be an issue with my phone somehow. Why i say this is that, normally if i connect my phone to my pc, my pc detects it as a flash drive and i can interact with the phone that way. But i just noticed that plugging my phone into the pc, it no longer gives me that option it only chargers the phone but i cannot acces the sd card or the internal memory of the phone like a flash drive anymore. This leads ne to believe that there may be an issue with my usb-c port on my phone or the latest update caused an issue with data transfer over usb-c port. Will have to take my phone to the shop to have it checked out. Thanx for all the help everyone amd sorry for waisting anyone's time with this.

Have you changed the settings for the USB port of Note 8?
It might have changed to charging only on update.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

PhoenixKingMJ Posted at 1-7 08:00
Hi, so it turns out it might be an issue with my phone somehow. Why i say this is that, normally if i connect my phone to my pc, my pc detects it as a flash drive and i can interact with the phone that way. But i just noticed that plugging my phone into the pc, it no longer gives me that option it only chargers the phone but i cannot acces the sd card or the internal memory of the phone like a flash drive anymore. This leads ne to believe that there may be an issue with my usb-c port on my phone or the latest update caused an issue with data transfer over usb-c port. Will have to take my phone to the shop to have it checked out. Thanx for all the help everyone amd sorry for waisting anyone's time with this.

You're welcome and I'm sorry if the troubleshooting did not work. We will wait for your update and thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules