1081 12 2018-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_I2SxKSXOe41t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11348 ft

Netherlands

Hi Guys,

During my holiday i made a video with my Spark above sea water. Crashed in the water after hitting a boat while in a glitch. Picked it up from the sea floor. Washed with freshwater and put in a bag of rice for a few days.
Not yet tried to start it up, but consider it dead. Because the glitch was enormous i was wondering (bug?) if DJI could help me out. For flight records i need to connect Spark to my computer, right? I dont like the idea of a broke device via USB to my computer, any other suggestions? Below the video that has been cached and shows the glitch;

2018-12-31
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Dutchie,

If you upload your flightrecord this forum members can mayby explain what have happend.

Flightrecords are stored on your mobile device, for android in  
//root/dji/djo go/flightrecord / *.*

use this to upload > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/  and post the link.

Video taken at Bali ?

cheers
JJB
2018-12-31
Use props
djiuser_I2SxKSXOe41t
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thanks for the tip! This was in malaysia on island Pangkor. Very beautiful!

Uploaded my flightrecord to the following link: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y0DAVTLVUB70UI5MF8UE/
As you can see i flew lower then my take off point, but due to the glitch i noticed this yet when it was too late... Any suggestion what i can do since the flightlog is not displaying any problems apart from my own stick movement?
2018-12-31
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Video lagging.  The drone was ahead of where the lagged video was showing it.  It happens sometimes with video streams when data isn't getting there due to signal interference in the area.  Also, trying to send back high resolution video will lag the stream.  It is one of many reasons why people should fly within eyesight instead of by the video feed.  I wonder why obsticle avoidance didn't kick in.  Was it in sport mode?

I thought this was why drone racers don't like the DJI RE goggles.  Too much lag although the picture looks great.  They want low resolution video with as little lag as possible.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear the crash incident. kindly contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav) We have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the crash reason and then the corresponding resolution would be provided, thank you.

2018-12-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that mate
2018-12-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that - hope you get a replacement soon
2019-1-1
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_I2SxKSXOe41t Posted at 2018-12-31 09:26
Thanks for the tip! This was in malaysia on island Pangkor. Very beautiful!

Uploaded my flightrecord to the following link: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y0DAVTLVUB70UI5MF8UE/

Hi,

Had a look at your flight, really unfortunately flight.
In Sport mode you descended to low, level flying last part at 1.3 meters VPS height when hitting that boat.
In Sport mode no obstacle sensing, but not sure if it had sensed such an open boat with such a roof in P-GPS mode.

No yaw glitch or any other error in your log, AFAIK.

cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2019-1-1
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Sorry for your loss.
As we can see Sport Mode and flight over water surface simply  can be a cause of crashes and flyaways.
2019-1-1
Use props
djiuser_I2SxKSXOe41t
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thanks for all your analysis!
I race drones as well, so i know how to fly. If the video feed did not glitch this long i could have made better decisions (e.g. stop decending). Is there data available of the quality/latency/loss from the video feed? Because only by this data i look like being the dumb pilot. Which im not, offcourse
2019-1-1
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I think it is not important how it looks!
As long you not have care refresh, there is not much to do, for DJI, methinks.
Aside, if you not try to switch it on, or if it isn't starting at all, you don't need to think asbout connecting it to the computer, anyway!

The positive thing: You re Dutch, DJI europe sits there, DJI is analyzing logfiles  during waranty times ANYWAY and for free.
Open a case, get it home and to DJI and wait a bit!
In case you bought it in europe, off course!

Was this in the beginning or the end of your trip?
You may have missed a lot of nice locations in Malaysia
2019-1-1
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh, one more thing:

Can it be that you have expected it to react like a racequad?
-"I race drones as well, so I know how to fly. "-

It is not! An perhaps somone who is FPV racing drones is trained to other maneuvers?
Just saying.
Good luck with DJI!
2019-1-1
Use props
djiuser_I2SxKSXOe41t
lvl.1

Netherlands

S-e-ven Posted at 1-1 07:09
Oh, one more thing:

Can it be that you have expected it to react like a racequad?

It sure is no Racedrone, i know. Always keep some margin while flying the Spark because i know there is latency. But as much latency as in this case i have not seen yet. Thats why i was so surprised!
2019-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules