Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket Motionlapse Multiple Issues
1863 2 2018-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptBoris
lvl.4
Canada

When I make a motionlapse video on the Osmo Pocket about half the attempts fail.

Most failures occur during the initial motionlapse setup. When I switch to motionlapse and get the screen prompt to manually move the gimbal head, I move the camera very carefully to my desired start position. The gimbal will sometimes vibrate and whip around to a sideways position with "gimbal protected - tap to continue" warning. I then have to power off and on a few times before I can recentre the gimbal head and try again. I sometimes also attempt a recalibration from the settings menu. Occasionally it will fail to recalibrate. I can usually reset everything after few power cycles.

Othertimes I can set the start point of the motionlapse then have the failure occur when attempting to move and set the second point of the motionlapse.

Additionally othertimes I can set both points successfully: I press the record button, the camera initializes, and records the motionlapse. However, sometimes the resulting motionlapse video will contain uneven and jerky footage.

Then there are times everything works fine.

At this point I am never sure whether my motionlapses will be successful. As I said, the fail rate is around 50%.

I should point out I am not attempting to make huge pans and tilts beyond the gimbal limit, but small movements of a few degrees. Also, all attempts are made on the device itself, not via the Mimo app.

2018-12-31
Use props
CaptBoris
lvl.4
Canada

Here is an example from this morning of what I mean.
2018-12-31
Use props
CaptBoris
lvl.4
Canada

A brief follow-up: Using the DJI Mimo app to set the motionlapse points prevents the above issues from occurring. It seems only to occur when setting the points manually, I.e., physically moving the gimbal to plot the start and end point.
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules