2083 26 2018-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry if there are to many posts like this one but I had to comment on the Spark.  I own a phantom 3 pro and had my doubts about whether the spark was worth buying. My main reason for  wanting the spark was it’s size, how quickly you can be in the air, and the ability to easily take off from your hand. No unfolding arms just turn on and go. I wanted to be up in the air without people noticing from places where people are uneasy about drones. It’s. Perfect for just that and more.  I have been blown away by its range with controller and it’s range with a phone is way more than you need for selfies at a party.  The flight time is perfect for quick flights when you are on the go. I often fly between work hours and have small amounts of time. Just setting up my phantom is time consuming and everyone is asking about it before you take off and the paranoid folks start talking about you spying on them.   The pictures and video Spark takes are excellent for me and would be acceptable for anyone who uses their new iPhone X for pictures.   If you post pictures on Facebook and videos on YouTube the Sparks camera is more than enough. The panoramic modes are very good.  Active track is nice feature.   The gesture modes actually work well once you take the time to learn them.

I was considering a racing drone, maybe a teal $800  but was hesitant because of the really short flight time (5 minutes) and space you need to fly 80 mph safely.  The Spark is a blast to fly in sport mode.  It’s not a racer but it’s Enjoyable.  I can’t wait to try my goggles with it.

Spark is a great drone to keep in your car and fly quickly and unnoticed still with plenty of range to get where you need to.  I’m thrilled with it.   Eventually I’m planning on a Mavic 2. But. That would most likely take over my phantom 3 s. Role in longer flights over water. Lighthouses etc.   thank you DJI

2018-12-31
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you buy the correct cable and attach your remote to your phone. Then you get no video lag or signal issues.
2018-12-31
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2018-12-31
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2018-12-31
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi JJMik, we appreciate your interest in our products and thank you for sharing your experienced with us. Enjoy and always have a safe flight!
2018-12-31
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Great pictures, thanks. Happy New Year!
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Excellent photos! Keep it up and thanks for choosing DJI!
2018-12-31
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ssylca44 Posted at 12-31 12:50
Great pictures, thanks. Happy New Year!

Thanks!  Are you from New Jersey  ?
2018-12-31
Use props
ajmckay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64682 ft
United States

I like the spark for the same reasons you mention.
2018-12-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome pics and happy new year.
2018-12-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice pictures mate! They all looks nice
2018-12-31
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Great photos,,, enjoy your Spark...
2019-1-1
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Nice pictures
2019-1-1
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Yes the Spark is a nice bird to possess.  Fly safely and Happy New Year
2019-1-1
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Totally agree, I could not have said it better.
2019-1-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-1-1
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Happy New Year!
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JJMik Posted at 1-1 11:25
Thanks Happy New Year!

Hi there, If you need any help, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-1-3
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Hi there, If you need any help, please don't hesitate to contact us on this Forum
2019-1-4
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I used the Goggles today with the Spark and had a blast. Felt a little motion sick at first lol....     I have yet to fire up the Mavic and try that with goggles.
2019-1-12
Use props
grin factor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14580 ft

United Kingdom

I bought a spark for the same reason. I also have a phantom 3 advanced.
2019-1-14
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

i actually own the spark and its a great drone because its small (like you said) and not having the trouble to travel when going places and believe me, the spark is most likely viewed as a toy not like professional drone like you own. trust me i flew a dji p4 for a amazing picture and i really felt uncomfortable bacuase people were looking at me and whispering and i felt like i was about to get in trouble, so yeah i know how you feel and by the way nice pictures that you took
2019-1-14
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.   I do have questions about using the goggles with the spark.  I used the goggles and remote only (no phone)  and then over 1000 feet out the picture froze.  I couldn’t find the drone (I know should have had a spotter and stayed in line of sight) I wasn’t sure how or if rth would work, but I pressed it and watched the distance say it was getting closer.   Pressed rth again once I could see the drone and then turned the goggles off and back on and they reconnected .     Continued flying without incident.

Do the goggle  tell you the home point is set?   Was the drone coming back to the remote?   Would appreciate any info you have and advice.   Should I always use the phone with goggles?
2019-1-14
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

These are some great pictures, thanks
2019-2-7
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Took this one while flying in sport mode lol
2019-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your Spark.
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules