Adapter to use RHCP antenna
6618 16 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

Can anyone advise what the correct adapter is to use a RHCP antenna on the DJI RE Goggles to match with an Immersion SpiroNet Antenna. I want to not use the supplied Antenna so i can fly my 5" racer.
Thanks in advance.
2019-1-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Either one will work. If you're having connection problems try changing the channels on the drone
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate bringing this query to us. We will confirm this with our team to see if we could possibly provide information in regards to this concern. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I also fly racers. When I first got my goggles last year I had that same issues.
After changing the band from F to E on the drone and then do a auto search on the goggles
It connected.
2019-1-1
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

Woe Posted at 1-1 11:41
I also fly racers. When I first got my goggles last year I had that same issues.
After changing the band from F to E on the drone and then do a auto search on the goggles
It connected.

Thanks for you reply.
Connecting to other drones on 2.4Gh  has not been the problem. The issue is that 99% of racing drones use RHCP antennas. I wish to put  the same (RH circular polarizer) on the DJI RE's. This requires an adaptor which I am trying to locate. It would be easier to use one RH antenna on the goggles rather than change several of my racers to LH.
2019-1-1
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-1 09:25
Hi, we do appreciate bringing this query to us. We will confirm this with our team to see if we could possibly provide information in regards to this concern. Thank you for the support.

Thanks Tony
2019-1-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AussieFlyer Posted at 1-1 14:44
Thanks for you reply.
Connecting to other drones on 2.4Gh  has not been the problem. The issue is that 99% of racing drones use RHCP antennas. I wish to put  the same (RH circular polarizer) on the DJI RE's. This requires an adaptor which I am trying to locate. It would be easier to use one RH antenna on the goggles rather than change several of my racers to LH.

You don't gave to change the antenna. only the channels on your drones
transmitter. The transmitter has button that are called channels. I know racing drones are
5.8. I have used many tiny whoops. Walkera  runners, Diy elf. I use both Dji antennas with my racers.
2019-1-1
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

Woe Posted at 1-1 17:35
You don't gave to change the antenna. only the channels on your drones
transmitter. The transmitter has button that are called channels. I know racing drones are
5.8. I have used many tiny whoops. Walkera  runners, Diy elf. I use both Dji antennas with my racers.

Woe, I appreciate your continued replies but you are missing my question.
The DJI RE goggles use a Left Hand Circular Polarising antenna. Most racing drones are 5.8 Right Hand Circular. Rather than use LHCP' s on my racing drones, I wish to use a RHCP on the goggles, hence i need an adaptor.
BTW Tiny Whoops and similar use a small wire antenna which is Analogue   eg . either RH or LH circular antennas will work just fine. They also have very limited range. An Immersion 600mW TX has a range of around 2 kilometers.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. As of the moment, we have 3 types of antenna that we're providing when purchasing the DJI Goggles. The antennas that available are Pagoda Antenna, Cylindrical Antenna, and Dipole Antenna. We would recommend using those antennas to maximize the usage of our DJI Products as we can't guarantee the performance of our product when using third-party accessories. You may refer to the link below for the usage of antennas. Thank you for understanding.

Pagoda Antenna- 5.8 GHz single frequency circular polarization omnidirectional, small size, recommended for racing. Do not use this antenna when using the 2.4 GHz frequency band.

Cylindrical Antenna- Dual-frequency circular polarization omnidirectional, providing smooth long-rage video transmission.

Dipole Antenna- Dual-frequency linear polarization omnidirectional, suitable for close up flight.

2019-1-2
Use props
Bol2riz
lvl.3

France

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-1-2 08:43
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. As of the moment, we have 3 types of antenna that we're providing when purchasing the DJI Goggles. The antennas that available are Pagoda Antenna, Cylindrical Antenna, and Dipole Antenna. We would recommend using those antennas to maximize the usage of our DJI Products as we can't guarantee the performance of our product when using third-party accessories. You may refer to the link below for the usage of antennas. Thank you for understanding.

Pagoda Antenna- 5.8 GHz single frequency circular polarization omnidirectional, small size, recommended for racing. Do not use this antenna when using the 2.4 GHz frequency band.

Hi Tony,

do you recommend those cylindrical antennas with the DJI FPV system for mid/long range purpose?

Best
2020-1-23
Use props
SunshynFF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30010 ft
United States

Bol2riz Posted at 1-23 09:16
Hi Tony,

do you recommend those cylindrical antennas with the DJI FPV system for mid/long range purpose?

Wow, they did not get what you meant did they..lol.  Ok, you might have figured this out already, but anyone else..... the gold plated threaded parts coming from goggles and end of antenna DO NOT matter or relate to a left or right hand antenna.   The three types most used at the working end, are pagoda. circular polarized and patch.  Pagoda signal almost same as circular polarized, just different design, we'll forget about that for now, lets just concentrate on other two.  Most analog rigs, like fatshark goggles or DK ground station, use a diversity unit, with two threaded connections, most pilots put a circular polarized (cp) on one connection and one cp on quad. Second connector on goggle diversity get a patch antenna.

cp antenna, good at signal all around you, like a mushroom cloud shape of coverage, but distance away from you in any directions not great.  Patch antenna, also called directional patch, as name state, only works in appx 90 degree cone shape outwards from which ever direction you/antenna are facing, but has longer range that cp antenna.  Why diversity works, for one, you get both of best worlds on signal type,  a mushroom all around you signal and a direction signal for going further out.  Diversity unit checks signal so many times a second, and which ever one is getting strongest signal, that feed is sent to the goggles, all in milliseconds.  DJI goggles have quad-versity kind of.  What you need to know is the top two work together and the bottom two work together, from what i've read.  If you are going to go 2cp and 2patch, then make sure patch are on bottom.  They sell a package deal that has 4 patch too, some people are having luck with them.  The gold threaded connections have only four variations and it doesn't matter how you connect them as long as one fits inside other, and one has a pin an one a hole.  They make fpv 5.8ghz antenna's with other connectors too, mmcx, U.FL etc. none of that matters. ALL OF THEM, are either right hand polarized, or left hand polarized.  ALL antennas on goggles and quad,  digital or analog, MUST me same direction, all left or all right.  Right is more available so you see more.  If you race and enter competitions,  all three leagues require pilots to have a set of right and left handed antennas. because if two pilots both flying right handed antenna, their channels must be far apart or video can bleed over.  One flying left other fly right handed antenna, the two channels can be right next to each other on the band, and won't interfere, so at races they stagger every other pilot with L then R antenna, to avoid signals messing each other up.   Clear as mud??  LOL

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AVZi6ZTLHSedJVG2A
2020-6-13
Use props
Jdogg
lvl.2

United Kingdom

You need an RP-SMA to connect to the goggles, if you have an SMA antenna, whatever direction polarisation it has, you need to get an SMA to RP-SMA adapter.
like this: https://www.quadcopters.co.uk/sma-to-rp-sma-adapter
2020-6-14
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Let me clear this up once and for all.

No adapter needed.

Fly RHCP or LHCP, both are fine, with the exact same performance. Just dont mix the two types. If you have RHCP on the goggles,  have RHCP on the drone, and vice versa.

This was confirmed by Hugo at TrueRC and by my experience flying RHCP for the past 6 months.
2020-6-14
Use props
cdramafpv
lvl.1

United States

mc54 Posted at 2020-6-14 07:58
Let me clear this up once and for all.

No adapter needed.

You sort of "cleared" it up...except adapters matter. it is funny they missed on the LHCP or RHCP portion.. but the other question is regarding the connector itself.   rp-sma vs sma ....you know male/female.

Anyhow on the DJI FPV googles the antennas are RP-SMA antennas, no needle. I assume this is the same for DJI RE but unsure! Take it with a grain of salt!
2021-1-29
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

As far as I know, RE goggles comes with an SMA port, so you just need the proper SMA adapter to fit your antenna. If you post some pics of both connectors (antenna and goggle) we can you help you. We just need to figure out if they're SMA or RP-SMA, female or male.
2021-1-31
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The goggles RE use an RP-SMA male connector for the 5.8 pagoda antenna, looks like the picture here (the one on the right):
https://www.gearbest.com/blog/ho ... s-sma-vs-rp-sma-811

So to use a regular SMA antenna, you need an adapter, though I don't know which one off the top of my head...
2021-2-3
Use props
kostasgur
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016867 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I have the same problem, so I think if you RCHP antenna is regular SMA, you need an adapter SMA female to RP-SMA female, else find an RHCP Antenna with a Female RP-SMA end.
2021-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules