Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Crane" shots with the Pocket - never before possible single-handed?
1581 9 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Here's some examples of "crane" shots on the Pocket - I used a 3.6m pole.  I can't think of a way this could be done with any other camera, unless you used large and heavy equipment which one person would be unable to manage unassisted.

2019-1-1
Use props
NorthTexasAerials
lvl.1
United States

That's actually not quite true. I've been using a Sony product for about two years that works ok...
2019-1-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice indeed.
I tried something similar with my Osmo Mobile before I had a drone.
I will try and find it.
2019-1-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here it is.
2019-1-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Nice work with the Mobile on  a stick - must have been fairly heavy?
2019-1-1
Use props
txtechnonerd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually, you could do the same with a great many cameras, and I use the Insta360 One X for this type of shooting a lot. But, the OP does do such nice 4K video. It's a shame that the focus hunting ruins some scenes and footage. I'm so hoping that they can get the AF stuff straightened out...
2019-1-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Look's cool, nice one
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nice work. Thanks for sharing
2019-1-5
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Some of those shots are terrible.

You obviously don't understand anything about what a crane/jib is, or the point of the lever and counter weight system, something you don't have in this video.

Sticking a Pocket on the end of a pole is just that, sticking a Pocket on the end of a Pole, that is not the same as a crane shot.

Plus, you've not set your Pocket correctly for movements on your pole. There are jerks in the movements and because you are not doing a crane shot with a pivot, you're movements are all over the place.

With this level of understanding, or to be precise, lack of understanding. You should really avoid criticising other users and their work on this forum. Seriously, this video just shows your complete ignorance and total lack of experience.

THIS IS NOT A CRANE/JIB SHOT...
2019-5-16
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

David_Harry Posted at 5-16 01:28
Some of those shots are terrible.

You obviously don't understand anything about what a crane/jib is, or the point of the lever and counter weight system, something you don't have in this video.

Well yes, I agree!
Someone puts a completely amateur video here and instantly congratulates and praises 10 to 20 people instead of making constructive criticism.
If you like these videos then you have too low your stimulus threshold and you're even more amateur than the video creator.
Of course there are good videos and then you really have to praise the creator, but you don't have to refuse everyone to reflex!
This crane video failed! Vertical motion is twitching, although the smooth movement is what makes cinematographers use the crane.
2019-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules