6557 8 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfca8c26e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 844419 ft
United States

Happy new year!

Has anyone been able get a Rotor Riot Controller to work with the Tello? I got the Android version (Galaxy Note 8) for Christmas but I cannot get it to work in the Tello App. It's supposedly compatible with a variety of drones.

https://store.rotorriot.com/roto ... e-controller-usb-c/

Thanks!

2019-1-1
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Happy new year!Sorry that we haven't test Rotor Riot Controller and can't ensure its compatibility.
As a warm tip, you might check if Tello APP is allowed to access location and enable the GPS module on your mobile device.
2019-1-1
Use props
DroneFun
lvl.3
United States

RYZE Posted at 1-1 18:11
Happy new year!Sorry that we haven't test Rotor Riot Controller and can't ensure its compatibility.
As a warm tip, you might check if Tello APP is allowed to access location and enable the GPS module on your mobile device.

Thx for the reply.

Yes, the Tello app is configured to access the Location functionality of my Note 8. The Location setting is set to High Accuracy, which uses GPS.

I have the GameSir T1d controller and can successfully connect to the Tello.

Since the Rotor Riot controller is wired (USB-C) and the directions does not say how to connect to the Tello App, I wasn't sure if the Rotor Riot controller would be supported in a future firmware/Tello App update since the App only displays Bluetooth Controller Settings. I was looking for another controller setting for wired controllers.

The Rotor Riot website displays:
Some of the drones compatible with the Rotor Riot Game and Drone Controller:

Parrot Bebop
    DJI Mavic Air
    DJI Spark
    Ryze Tello
    Teal One

Thanks for your help.
2019-1-2
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

You are welcome. That would be well noted. Pretty sorry that there is no notice if the wired controller would be supported at the time being. Have you ever contacted a Rotor Riot? It seems that it only compatible with IOS devices on its website.  Should you any assistance, please do feel free to let us know.
2019-1-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Looks cool!
But why don't just fly it with the Gamesir T1d ? You still can use it to play game right
2019-1-6
Use props
DroneFun
lvl.3
United States

Good day all!

To RYZE:
I think the information on the Rotor Riot website link I provided is talking about wired controller iOS approval and support for the L3/R3 buttons. I don't know if this is required for Tello software operation. The following Rotor Riot website explains that both iOS/USB-C versions were released simultaneously and should work with the Tello respectively.   https://www.rotorriot.com/gamecontroller

I did contact Rotor Riot last week, but I haven't received a response yet...

To jacksonnai:
I do fly the Tello with the GameSir T1d controller, but as I mentioned previously, I received the Rotor Riot wired controller as a Xmas present. It looked cool and since it's wired I thought it would be easy to setup the Tello to use it. The directions and website did not contain any instructions/tips/information about using it with the Tello.

Thanks for all the replies!
2019-1-7
Use props
DonZon
New

Using my LG G5, and the Rotor Riot controller with "C" connector, I can fly Tello with the Tello FPV app.
2019-9-4
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft

I know gamevice does not need to show up. It just connects to the app and you know it when the virtual sticks vanish. This could be a really good solution for iOS given the stock app is known to only support wired game vice. Be really good to have classic style gamepads wired too!
2019-9-24
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft

DonZon Posted at 9-4 22:41
Using my LG G5, and the Rotor Riot controller with "C" connector, I can fly Tello with the Tello FPV app.

can u fly with stock app using this controller?
2019-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules