12Next >
2249 40 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I've searched the forums and find anything, apologies if this has already been asked and answered...
I'm looking for a phone/tablet holder from my Mavic Pro Platinum controller. A lot of the devcies I've found fit into the controller arms and hold the phone/table in front of the controller, which blocks the view of the screen on the controller.

I've found a few that hold the phone/tablet above the controller:
F/Stop Labs Device Holder
PolarPro Device Holder
Freewell Gear Device Holder

Questions:
Does anyone have any experience with any of these?
Would you recommend one over another?
I read a review that there's a possibility these types of holders may obstruct the cooling vent. Is this a real concern? Has anyone experienced this? Or used one with no issues?

Thanks in advance for your time and help...
2019-1-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I use a mavmount fitted with a hoodman sunshade and not had any issues. Nor do you need to put your head into the hoodman to see the screen, it is clearly visable, before anybody asks. VLOS look down and see screen, that simple.
1536176499254.jpg
2019-1-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That First one is terrible. I order it for my Zoom and it covers the 5d and pause button. I will be shipping it back tomorrow.
2019-1-1
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

any recommendation ?
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may want to check out tablet holder that we're offering on our store. To see the specs of this accessory and determine if your tablet will fit, please refer to the link below. Thank you for the support.

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-mavic-pro-tablet-holder
2019-1-2
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

I use one of these for my 9.7 iPad, keeps the rc screen in view

https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/lifthor-sif-xxl

2019-1-2
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 1-1 17:26
I use a mavmount fitted with a hoodman sunshade and not had any issues. Nor do you need to put your head into the hoodman to see the screen, it is clearly visable, before anybody asks. VLOS look down and see screen, that simple.

Thanks M2Wair. Looks impressive - I like the ball-mount on the holder!

I'm looking for something that doesn't block the screen on the controller. How easy/hard is it to see the screen on the controller with that holder?
2019-1-2
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 1-1 17:41
That First one is terrible. I order it for my Zoom and it covers the 5d and pause button. I will be shipping it back tomorrow.

I've heard that one of the concerns with these type holders is they block full functionality of the 5d and pause buttons. From what I understand, FStop Labs redesigned the holder to allow for more freedom of the 5d and pause buttons.

Can I ask if you're returning the holder because it blocks the buttons on the Zoom controller? Or are there other reasons?
2019-1-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

CycleParadise Posted at 1-2 15:37
Thanks M2Wair. Looks impressive - I like the ball-mount on the holder!

I'm looking for something that doesn't block the screen on the controller. How easy/hard is it to see the screen on the controller with that holder?

It will block the screen on the controller, but everything you need is on the ipad/android screen anyway and easily visable so no issues.
2019-1-2
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-2 10:08
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may want to check out tablet holder that we're offering on our store. To see the specs of this accessory and determine if your tablet will fit, please refer to the link below. Thank you for the support.

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-mavic-pro-tablet-holder

Thanks DJI Tony. My concern with this holder is that it will block the screen on the controller.

Is the "neck" that holds the phone/tablet adjustable towards or away from the controller? It looks like it might only sit in one position when unfolded to hold the phone/tablet.
2019-1-2
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

raven swe Posted at 1-2 11:09
I use one of these for my 9.7 iPad, keeps the rc screen in view

https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/lifthor-sif-xxl

Wow raven swe, that holder looks impressive!! Strong and sturdy! It's a little more than I'd like to spend at this point.
2019-1-2
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 1-2 15:47
It will block the screen on the controller, but everything you need is on the ipad/android screen anyway and easily visable so no issues.

Early on I had connection issues with the Go4 app and had to rely on the controller screen. It hasn't happened lately, I guess I like having the screen for backup.

I'll give this holder more thought, though...

Thanks for your help!
2019-1-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 1-2 15:43
I've heard that one of the concerns with these type holders is they block full functionality of the 5d and pause buttons. From what I understand, FStop Labs redesigned the holder to allow for more freedom of the 5d and pause buttons.

Can I ask if you're returning the holder because it blocks the buttons on the Zoom controller? Or are there other reasons?

Yes. It actually pushes down on on the Button and it doesn't
snap close. I have a different one for my MP but it won't fit in the controller.
2019-1-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

CycleParadise Posted at 1-2 16:06
Early on I had connection issues with the Go4 app and had to rely on the controller screen. It hasn't happened lately, I guess I like having the screen for backup.

I'll give this holder more thought, though...

I have just checked, i can adjust mine to allow seeing both screens easily.
2019-1-2
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 1-2 16:16
Yes. It actually pushes down on on the Button and it doesn't
snap close. I have a different one for my MP but it won't fit in the controller.

Thanks for the additional info Woe.
2019-1-2
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 1-2 16:34
I have just checked, i can adjust mine to allow seeing both screens easily.

Thanks M2Wair!!

Taking a second look at the MavMount and believe it may meet my needs. Seems like the clam sizes between the different holders is small - have to choose wisely!!!
2019-1-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

What ever you get, make sure it is rugged and rigid.  You don't want iPad or tablet flopping around.
2019-1-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 1-2 16:36
Thanks for the additional info Woe.

This is what I use with my MP

2019-1-2
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 1-2 18:03

[view_image]

Hey folks, thanks for all the feedback, sure gives me lots to consider.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 1-2 15:57
Thanks DJI Tony. My concern with this holder is that it will block the screen on the controller.

Is the "neck" that holds the phone/tablet adjustable towards or away from the controller? It looks like it might only sit in one position when unfolded to hold the phone/tablet.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We will confirm this first to our team if that part is adjustable for accurate details. We highly appreciated your patience. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-3
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

[view_image]

I just stumbled upon that holder yesterday! Very interesting implementation.
2019-1-4
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 11:13
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We will confirm this first to our team if that part is adjustable for accurate details. We highly appreciated your patience. Thank you for the support.

Thanks DJI Tony. I look forward to hearing back.
2019-1-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 1-4 03:51
I just stumbled upon that holder yesterday! Very interesting implementation.

I really like it.
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CycleParadise Posted at 1-4 03:52
Thanks DJI Tony. I look forward to hearing back.

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. I'm afraid that the neck can't be adjusted, however, you could rotate the mobile device holder. If we use a large monitor device such as a tablet or iPad then the screen of the RC might be covered unless we use a mobile device. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-4
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-4 08:57
Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. I'm afraid that the neck can't be adjusted, however, you could rotate the mobile device holder. If we use a large monitor device such as a tablet or iPad then the screen of the RC might be covered unless we use a mobile device. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks for your response DJI Tony.
2019-1-4
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

[view_image]

That's a pretty nice one as far as position goes. Some of these will completely block the RC screen and to me being able to see the RC screen is a must.
2019-1-4
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

I use the Polar Pro one with the DJI Hood. I like my device on top of the RC inside the hood to block the sun and for me it is about the best i can find to suit my needs.
2019-1-4
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

This one works for holding my 8.25" Lenovo Tab Tablet Holder. It's got a ball joint so it's easy to adjust the position to see the controller screen and simple to fit a hood if required
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

CycleParadise Posted at 1-4 09:51
Thanks for your response DJI Tony.

You're always welcome here in forum. If you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-1-4
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United Kingdom

I use the MavMount also. You can set it up so that it doesn't block the controller's screen, but as others already said, all the information you need is on the Go 4 app, so you don't need to see the controller at all. If you feel you really need to see it, simply tilt the controller towards or away from you and look around the tablet's screen... There's plenty of space there.  I use a 10.5" iPad Pro.
2019-1-4
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

rolling56 Posted at 1-4 14:31
I use the Polar Pro one with the DJI Hood. I like my device on top of the RC inside the hood to block the sun and for me it is about the best i can find to suit my needs.

Hi rolling56. When I was looking for a mount, my friend, who also uses a Polar Pro commented that although it is advertised that one can leave the case on the phone/tab he found that the case magnets affected the r/c stick calibration.

So do you fly with the case on or off or is my friend a bit paranoid?
2019-1-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

rolling56 Posted at 1-4 14:29
That's a pretty nice one as far as position goes. Some of these will completely block the RC screen and to me being able to see the RC screen is a must.

I agree. This one doesn't and my iPad is secure.
2019-1-4
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Boffin Posted at 1-4 19:26
Hi rolling56. When I was looking for a mount, my friend, who also uses a Polar Pro commented that although it is advertised that one can leave the case on the phone/tab he found that the case magnets affected the r/c stick calibration.

So do you fly with the case on or off or is my friend a bit paranoid?

I don't have a case on the Nexus 6 i use. There are magnets inside the DJI hood (they aren't very powerful) but i haven't had problems with them. I hope that answers your question?
2019-1-5
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Boffin Posted at 1-4 14:54
This one works for holding my 8.25" Lenovo Tab Tablet Holder. It's got a ball joint so it's easy to adjust the position to see the controller screen and simple to fit a hood if required

Hi Boffin. I did look at that one and was interested... However, some of the reviews said the 'neck' was weak and prone to break.

What's been your experience with the sturdiness of the neck? Any real concerns?

Thanks
2019-1-5
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Jyunte Posted at 1-4 17:41
I use the MavMount also. You can set it up so that it doesn't block the controller's screen, but as others already said, all the information you need is on the Go 4 app, so you don't need to see the controller at all. If you feel you really need to see it, simply tilt the controller towards or away from you and look around the tablet's screen... There's plenty of space there.  I use a 10.5" iPad Pro.

Thanks Jyunte!

As you and others have been suggesting, maybe I need to become more comfortable with not having to look at the controller screen as the information I need is displayed in the Go4 app. Should I lose connection between the controller and app (which has happened in the past bu not recently), I could look over/adjust the phone/tablet to see the controller screen.
2019-1-5
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

CycleParadise Posted at 1-5 09:28
Hi Boffin. I did look at that one and was interested... However, some of the reviews said the 'neck' was weak and prone to break.

What's been your experience with the sturdiness of the neck? Any real concerns?

Hi CycleParadise. I have used mine for 11 months with no problems.

It was easy to fit a homemade (coreflute) shield and it carries the weight well.

Because of the ball joint it allows the tablet to be positioned so that the r/c screen is visible too
2019-1-5
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-1-5
Use props
BobDog
First Officer
United States

Jyunte Posted at 1-4 17:41
I use the MavMount also. You can set it up so that it doesn't block the controller's screen, but as others already said, all the information you need is on the Go 4 app, so you don't need to see the controller at all. If you feel you really need to see it, simply tilt the controller towards or away from you and look around the tablet's screen... There's plenty of space there.  I use a 10.5" iPad Pro.

Haven't seen you in a while :-) and ya everyone is different but i like a good view of both. I've seen different info on both at times.
2019-1-5
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United Kingdom

BobDog Posted at 1-5 18:29
Haven't seen you in a while :-) and ya everyone is different but i like a good view of both. I've seen different info on both at times.

I don't fly my Mavic Pro much anymore. Since it doesn't fly straight, I can't use it for any quality video production - the constant corrections required to keep it on track destroy the footage. When I want to fly for fun, I fly my freestyle quads.
2019-1-6
Use props
BobDog
First Officer
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-5 17:09
I use a Mavmount setup so I can still see the RC. Even with my homemade hood...

[view_image]

That's a great setup
2019-1-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules