DJI Go 4 app map locations and top altitude.
2459 36 2019-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vibs31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6611 ft
United States

Hello

I am using samsung note 8. In the fight log its not showing location despite getting good satellites. Also, its showing wrong top altitude. I have just done few tests and not flown much but noticed these issues. Any suggestion? Have uninstalled and reinstalled the qpp but still same issues. Picture attached. Thanks
Screenshot_20190101-213832.jpg
Screenshot_20190101-213843.jpg
2019-1-1
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Top altitude is the top altitude where you launched the drone, not the most altitude that you have reached with the drone!
The gps fix can vary, try in some time, it updates.

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-1
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

Thank you. Will wait for the status to change from map loading to actual locations
2019-1-2
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

Thank you. Will wait for the status to change from map loading to actual locations.
2019-1-2
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

vibs31 Posted at 1-2 12:08
Thank you. Will wait for the status to change from map loading to actual locations.

You are welcome. Get in and out of the app also, that way it updates.

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Did you try to sync the flight records to the cloud to see if there is any luck? Also, may I know if the app is on the latest version? Thanks.
2019-1-2
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-2 14:37
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Did you try to sync the flight records to the cloud to see if there is any luck? Also, may I know if the app is on the latest version? Thanks.

Have synced flight record several times.  Running latest DJi on andoird.  No luck.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vibs31 Posted at 1-2 14:45
Have synced flight record several times.  Running latest DJi on andoird.  No luck.

Is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device so we can check? Thanks.
2019-1-2
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-2 14:49
May I know which mobile device do you use? Is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device so we can check? Thanks.

Please see my first message. Using Samsung note 8. My other drones work well. If this drone cannot work on this phone I do not have any other phone.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

vibs31 Posted at 1-2 14:55
Please see my first message. Using Samsung note 8. My other drones work well. If this drone cannot work on this phone I do not have any other phone.

Hi vibs31, for the top altitude, you may refer to Alex B's suggestion in 2#. Regarding the Map Loading, may I have the App version and your DJI account? We'll forward to our engineers to check, thank you!
2019-1-3
Use props
djiuser_4rRz4OJtQ6Mu
New
Flight distance : 43 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-3 00:39
Hi vibs31, for the top altitude, you may refer to Alex B's suggestion in 2#. Regarding the Map Loading, may I have the App version and your DJI account? We'll forward to our engineers to check, thank you!

I have send a PM my account info. thanks
2019-1-3
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

Still no success. Tried flying at different location but still showing map loading in flight records. Also, there are two profiles showing same records. Thanks
2019-1-3
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

Any updates regarding this? Please let me know.
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_4rRz4OJtQ6Mu Posted at 1-3 07:58
I have send a PM my account info. thanks

Received with thanks!  Double checked with our engineers that this will be optimized in the future App update. They are working on it and will release as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

vibs31 Posted at 1-4 11:39
Any updates regarding this? Please let me know.

Please kindly refer to 14#, we'll release as soon as it is ready, thank you!
2019-1-5
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-5 02:42
Please kindly refer to 14#, we'll release as soon as it is ready, thank you!

I updated it to latest android version which was released today and still its not showing locations and says map loading.
2019-1-8
Use props
tomaash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223468 ft
New Zealand

I am having the same "issue" and I do suspect that the reason for that is not having my Location turned on on my phone. My Top Altitude shows -34.1m despite I live close to the sea and was more likely +34m above the sea level. In the column where location probably meant to be shown it says Map Loading however when I click on the details of the flight it loads a correct map. I guess that's when it takes GPS data from the AC records. It would make sense if the Top Altitude reads data from the AC too as there is no reason having Location turned on on the phone during the flight (saves battery, flying with RC only etc.)
I have also just upgraded to the last version of  DJI Go 4 v4.3.10 (719-googlePlay) but it didn't effect the shown data.
So I just did a test flight with my Location turned on on my Android 8.0 (Galaxy S8) and it made no difference. So my assumption was wrong as it still shows Map Loading. Interestingly enough my Top Altitude went up to -22.0m despite I am only about 10m above sea level.  There is definitely some glitch with the app and the way it reads Altitude. Please fix it. Thank you.
2019-1-8
Use props
AlphaDog
lvl.3
Italy

vibs31 Posted at 1-8 16:17
I updated it to latest android version which was released today and still its not showing locations and says map loading.

Hi
I did the first flight with the Zoom few minutes ago and I had the same issue but as soon as I connect the iPad I used to the home wi-fi (I don’t use wi-fi, hotspot with the phone, etc while flying if not strictly necessary to reload a map) and after opening the Go app, in one minute I had the location fixed.
Could be the map not properly cached ? Did you tried to make a flight with the phone/device connected to the internet in order to align your position with the map ?
Rgrds
2019-1-9
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

AlphaDog Posted at 1-9 08:10
Hi
I did the first flight with the Zoom few minutes ago and I had the same issue but as soon as I connect the iPad I used to the home wi-fi (I don’t use wi-fi, hotspot with the phone, etc while flying if not strictly necessary to reload a map) and after opening the Go app, in one minute I had the location fixed.
Could be the map not properly cached ? Did you tried to make a flight with the phone/device connected to the internet in order to align your position with the map ?

I have tried android app using home WIFI and still having same issues and it says maps loading. Tried syncing it several times but no luck. Tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it but still showing map loading. Tried to fly at a different location but same. I used my wife ipad and logged in and it shows location on ipad. So clearly there is an issue with android app and DJI mentioned before that it will be fixed in next update but even after updating the andoird app yesterday no change. Hopefully DJI will be able to fix this.
2019-1-9
Use props
AlphaDog
lvl.3
Italy

vibs31 Posted at 1-9 08:58
I have tried android app using home WIFI and still having same issues and it says maps loading. Tried syncing it several times but no luck. Tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it but still showing map loading. Tried to fly at a different location but same. I used my wife ipad and logged in and it shows location on ipad. So clearly there is an issue with android app and DJI mentioned before that it will be fixed in next update but even after updating the andoird app yesterday no change. Hopefully DJI will be able to fix this.

At this stage you are definitely  right, so sad for that
Hope this issue will be fixed soon.
I’ll check time to time if so
Ciao
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

vibs31 Posted at 1-8 16:17

Sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are still working on this which requires the cooperation of the map vendor, please allow them some time, thank you!
2019-1-10
Use props
tomaash
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 1-10 22:51
Sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are still working on this which requires the cooperation of the map vendor, please allow them some time, thank you!

thanks Susan for letting us know that the team is aware of the issue and that they are working on it..
I am not sure if it's realed but as mentioned earlier, the Top Altitude seems to be calculated wrong as well, as I am always in neagtive numbers and also my Footprints suddenly show USA flag while I haven't left New Zealand, so unless Trump claimed NZ as another state of US there's clearly something wrong.
Thank you..
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tomaash Posted at 1-11 01:01
thanks Susan for letting us know that the team is aware of the issue and that they are working on it..
I am not sure if it's realed but as mentioned earlier, the Top Altitude seems to be calculated wrong as well, as I am always in neagtive numbers and also my Footprints suddenly show USA flag while I haven't left New Zealand, so unless Trump claimed NZ as another state of US there's clearly something wrong.
Thank you..

Hi tomaash, just to verify, do the flight records sync successfully? And may I know what's the current version of the App? Please backup all data and reinstall the App to see whether the issue remains. If not, please kindly offer the screenshot and DJI account, we'll double check, thank you!
2019-1-12
Use props
tomaash
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 1-12 23:45
Hi tomaash, just to verify, do the flight records sync successfully? And may I know what's the current version of the App? Please backup all data and reinstall the App to see whether the issue remains. If not, please kindly offer the screenshot and DJI account, we'll double check, thank you!

Hi Susan. All the flight records sync successfully. Not quite sure what they are syncing with though. Can I access them somewhere online or via the Assisstent?
My current version of the DJI Go 4 is v4.3.11(722-googlePlay) which seems to be the latest.. Updated since my previous post. No change.
I can try to uninstall/install the app but not sure how to back up the data. Is syncing it with the cloud not enough? Please let me know.
here's a screenshot of the Flight record front page..

will PM you my DJI account name..
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tomaash Posted at 1-13 21:48
Hi Susan. All the flight records sync successfully. Not quite sure what they are syncing with though. Can I access them somewhere online or via the Assisstent?
My current version of the DJI Go 4 is v4.3.11(722-googlePlay) which seems to be the latest.. Updated since my previous post. No change.
I can try to uninstall/install the app but not sure how to back up the data. Is syncing it with the cloud not enough? Please let me know.

Sorry for the late response. I've received your message in PM, thank you! This has been forwarded to our engineers to check and we'll keep you updated.
2019-1-15
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

Any update when will map locations issue be fixed. Have updated the app still not showing it. Using andoird dji 4 latest version on samsung note 8.
SmartSelect_20190127-230628.jpg
2019-1-27
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

Hello, Anyone has any input regarding this. Have not heard from DJI. Last they said with updated app this will be fixed but still my app showing map.location. 5hanks
2019-1-31
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

DJI please provide your input.  Thanks
2019-2-4
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-10 22:51
Sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are still working on this which requires the cooperation of the map vendor, please allow them some time, thank you!

Why is DJi not responding?
2019-2-13
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

tomaash Posted at 1-11 01:01
thanks Susan for letting us know that the team is aware of the issue and that they are working on it..
Thank you..

I figured it out tomaash…

Ikea apologizes for leaving New Zealand off a world map

•Swedish furniture giant Ikea apologized for leaving New Zealand off a world map that was being sold at one of its Washington D.C. outlets, the BBC reported.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/11/ ... ff-a-world-map.html
2019-2-13
Use props
tomaash
lvl.2
New Zealand

WRHershey Posted at 2-13 21:29
I figured it out tomaash…

Ikea apologizes for leaving New Zealand off a world map

yea i have seen the map..
but my  issue was more serious.. it determined New Zealand location as USA!! fixed now..
2019-2-15
Use props
tomaash
lvl.2
New Zealand

here is my update after the firmware .300 upgrade..

* FOOTPRINTS
fixed..
it now correctly shows that i have only flown in NZ

* TOP ALTITUDE
fixed..
it now correctly shows my Top Altitude however it seems a bit confusing that the Flight List shows Max Alt meaning a height (vertical distance) above the Home Point while the Top Altitude is actual above the sea (ASLA) level altitude..  why can't we see ASLA in Flight List, for Home Point and Max?

* FLIGHT LIST Location in the Date column
not fixed..
it still shows Map Loading where, I believe, the name of the location should be shown.. it can't be that hard to determine the name (or whatever it is trying to load) from the GPS data when online

Thanks for your response DJI..

2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

vibs31 Posted at 2-13 17:12
Why is DJi not responding?

Sorry for the late response due to the Chinese New Year. I'm checking the exact status with our engineers and will come back later.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tomaash Posted at 2-15 14:44

* FOOTPRINTS

I'm checking the current status with our engineers and will keep you updated. Appreciate your patience.
2019-2-18
Use props
vibs31
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-18 02:56
I'm checking the current status with our engineers and will keep you updated. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you. Please let me know, its been so long. My app still shows map locations and doesnt show actual location.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

vibs31 Posted at 2-19 16:16
Thank you. Please let me know, its been so long. My app still shows map locations and doesnt show actual location.

Hello vibs31, I just got an update that the map loading has not been fixed in this update. Our engineers are still working on this and I'll keep an eye as well.
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tomaash Posted at 2-15 14:44

* FOOTPRINTS

Hi tomaash, please kindly refer to 36# and allow the engineers some time to fix it, thanks!
2019-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules