Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC SUDDENLY FALLS FROM THE SKY FOR THE SECOND TIME IN TWO MONT...
2786 30 2019-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christopher Murray
lvl.1

Australia

So, I am very annoyed with the level of service from DJI in relation to this matter. My Mavic Pro has now suddenly fallen out of the sky twice, once Two months ago (September 2018) and now (December 2018).

On the first occasion the drone dropped out of the sky after 15sec of flight and after the latest update, also just to mention this one happened days after the official launce of the Mavic Pro which i feel is VERY coincidental in the timing. The drone was then shipped off and checked for a fault and it was blamed on pilot error, DJI OBVIOUSLY DOESNT WANT TO TAKE RESPONSIBLLITY for this issue. In the end i was left with a bill of $268 and I then purchased DJI CARE, which turned out to be a complete waiste of money.

Now onto the present day, While out flying the drone, The Mavic Pro (the new 'fixed' one) suddenly and totally dissconnects from the app and plummets 30m into the water without and prior warning. I'm sure you guys can imagine my utter disbelief when i see this drone DROP right infront of me into water with a dept of 40m. With no chance of recovering the drone I turn to DJI for assistance, and think DJI are the best at what they do will see the error in this case... Boy was i wrong. What i received back from DJI was an email to say i ushed the stick forward and the drone lost all connect, we can give you 30% off a new one... Thats it...

How do other people feel about this, how would you feel if this happened to you? Expecially after the drone only been fixed by DJI themselves and then been offered a measily 30% and no explination as to why your $1500 drone falls from the sky???

Your feedback would be greatly appriciated.

2019-1-2
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss.

In order for anyone to chime in or help, we need the facts.
Please post a link to your flight log. https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
2019-1-2
Use props
#ChrisMurray92
lvl.1

Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 1-2 06:29
Sorry for your loss.

In order for anyone to chime in or help, we need the facts.

Hey Bob,

I just uploaded the files their, thanks for your comment

Chris
2019-1-2
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Yes that's right - we are very sorry for your loss, but please provide the log of your last flight, as mentioned above
2019-1-2
Use props
#ChrisMurray92
lvl.1

Australia

hey guys

thanks for the support i added to two logs from both accidents

chris
2019-1-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

#ChrisMurray92 Posted at 1-2 07:05
hey guys

thanks for the support i added to two logs from both accidents

Sorry about the loss Bud. Once you upload the log there you will need to post the link back here so that we can view it.
2019-1-2
Use props
#ChrisMurray92
lvl.1

Australia

Suren Posted at 1-2 07:22
Sorry about the loss Bud. Once you upload the log there you will need to post the link back here so that we can view it.

Makes Sense haha Link Below

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/OY7QLRFCK91GKG0356OV/
2019-1-2
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

I read so many of these disaster reports and it makes me why pilots choose to fly over water.  At least until the device proves to be very very reliable.  It so limits analysis and recovery options.  Most of the users are not being paid for their footage, shot from the Mavic.  So why head out over the open water?  These are cheap consumer grade electronics (compared to certified aviation products).  Use primarily for hobby use.
It just seems to be a lack of common sense when flying.  I see reports of thousands of feet away, flight in fog, flight between large buildings, flight over cliffs and ocean.   Seems like some local park flying would be much safer for your hobby investment.... at least until very sure your drone will behave.  Don't get me wrong.  I feel your pain... and my day may come as well.  In the meantime, best of luck.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Christopher, we are so sorry to read on your unpleasant experience. Would it be possible to PM me your ( CAS ) case number? We'd like to check the current status and see whether we can help. Thank you.
2019-1-2
Use props
#ChrisMurray92
lvl.1

Australia

flightlogicRV9 Posted at 1-2 07:36
I read so many of these disaster reports and it makes me why pilots choose to fly over water.  At least until the device proves to be very very reliable.  It so limits analysis and recovery options.  Most of the users are not being paid for their footage, shot from the Mavic.  So why head out over the open water?  These are cheap consumer grade electronics (compared to certified aviation products).  Use primarily for hobby use.
It just seems to be a lack of common sense when flying.  I see reports of thousands of feet away, flight in fog, flight between large buildings, flight over cliffs and ocean.   Seems like some local park flying would be much safer for your hobby investment.... at least until very sure your drone will behave.  Don't get me wrong.  I feel your pain... and my day may come as well.  In the meantime, best of luck.

The drone was flying fine before hand, dont get my wrong, but the drone is designed to fly. In this case it was flying fine as you can seen from the report then suddenly it just stops out of nowhere, no warning or anything, imagine the consiquence if this was over the park and it comes down of a person or vehicle. Not only could it really hurt someone but it could also cause a serious accident and or death. If theirs and issue with an aeroplane, that plane doesnt fly, so why are DJI allowing this to happen is my point. Theirs so many of these reports already, and i wouldnt really call $1500/$3000 a cheap product. If you spend that much you would expect it to do the job.
2019-1-2
Use props
DROHNEN.DANIEL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 761447 ft
Germany

Sorry for that loss. I know how you feeling right now.
My first Mavic Pro sunk after an GPS error in a deep pond...after 3 weeks of chatting with DJI, we found a solution and I was airborne again.

Keep trying and write DJI an friendly Mail. They are helpful
I know it from my own experience
2019-1-2
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

#ChrisMurray92 Posted at 1-2 07:24
Makes Sense haha Link Below

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/OY7QLRFCK91GKG0356OV/

I do not see anything in the log that appears to be a malfunction other than the video cache error.
Are you positive this is the log from that last flight?
2019-1-4
Use props
Yachtsman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 605466 ft
United Kingdom

Risk of loss apart, reasons for over water flight are for me

1 good radio link between craft and rc
2 no TREES
3 if it goes wrong, much reduced chance somebody or thing wont get hurt or damaged
4 shore line from the water is usually more interesting than the other way round
5 get further away yet still maintain LOS
6 less radio interference  (but be careful near radars and nav markers )
7 did i mention NO TREES
2019-1-4
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

Yachtsman Posted at 1-4 07:33
Risk of loss apart, reasons for over water flight are for me

1 good radio link between craft and rc

Again, sorry you lost the drone.  For me... I can find open field away from trees and water.   Cheers
2019-1-4
Use props
#ChrisMurray92
lvl.1

Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 1-4 06:20
I do not see anything in the log that appears to be a malfunction other than the video cache error.
Are you positive this is the log from that last flight?

Hey Bob,

Yes 100%, im just as amazed as you are in relation to myself. Like i said it was working fine before and then all of a sudden it just cut out.
2019-1-4
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

#ChrisMurray92 Posted at 1-4 12:30
Hey Bob,

Yes 100%, im just as amazed as you are in relation to myself. Like i said it was working fine before and then all of a sudden it just cut out.

Perhaps inside the drone got corrosion form the salty ocean air? Instant failure with no errors is STRANGE, especially if it happened twice. Nothing in the log though so I can see where DJI may have a case thinking it was user/pilot error.  If you could recover the drone perhaps the "black box" could prove the malfunction? 40 meters is max limit for most divers so going to be a hard one to recover.  Also... are you aware of the emergency motor stop sequence? I suppose that would have showed in the log though... very troubling. I see your location is in Sydney... great area but does not look like many places to fly safely. Have you consdiered another hobby?

2019-1-4
Use props
#ChrisMurray92
lvl.1

Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 1-4 13:08
Perhaps inside the drone got corrosion form the salty ocean air? Instant failure with no errors is STRANGE, especially if it happened twice. Nothing in the log though so I can see where DJI may have a case thinking it was user/pilot error.  If you could recover the drone perhaps the "black box" could prove the malfunction?
Also... are you aware of the emergency motor stop sequence? I suppose that would have showed in the log though... very troubling.

Hey, Ye im aware of the motor stop sequence alright, I was just talking to my partner and she mentioned some interesting that i never actually thought of, and that was, we connected a set of DJI Goggles a few secounds before i lost the data and the drone flew a bit futher while connected to the goggles. Any idea if the goggles stores its own flight data? Could be another reason for loss of connection between the phone and drone if the goggles could have somehow inferfered.
2019-1-4
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can’t comment on any possible flight log issue but with regards to flying over water, why not? I’ve flow over sea many times. Shorelines, rivers etc. Never been a problem. I’m just thorough in waiting for good gps signal and always make sure I update firmware/software, safe flights data etc. Best of luck resolving your loss.
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

#ChrisMurray92 Posted at 1-4 13:14
Hey, Ye im aware of the motor stop sequence alright, I was just talking to my partner and she mentioned some interesting that i never actually thought of, and that was, we connected a set of DJI Goggles a few secounds before i lost the data and the drone flew a bit futher while connected to the goggles. Any idea if the goggles stores its own flight data? Could be another reason for loss of connection between the phone and drone if the goggles could have somehow inferfered.

Hi Chris, apologies for the unpleasant experience Chris. However, this has been forwarded to the appropriate department and rest assured that you will be updated. We appreciate your patience.
2019-1-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I read so many of these disaster reports and it makes me why pilots choose to fly over water.

Possibly because of DJI's promos, showing DJI drones flying over water.

2019-1-5
Use props
djiuser_j4jzE8p36HLR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28888 ft
South Africa

First confirm with DJI if you can use your particular drone with DJI Pilot. I lost my Spark while using it and they refuse to open a case, even to see whether there was a problem by studying the FJI GO 4 information.

The app does not tell you which drones are compatible with it, nor will your drone warn you not to use it.

DJI have told me it's a third party app, it's not compatible with Spark and also that they can't open a case because they can't get the data from Pilot, even though I sent them the Pilot flight data via Google Drive.

DJI WILL find all sorts of excuses not to open a case if you use the Pipot app.
2019-1-5
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss.
DJI care only works if found the body of the drone. Otherwise, it's just a waste of money. So for me, I try to avoid fly over water because I think is almost impossible if the drone fell into the water.

I think the 30% discount is not enough.
2019-1-5
Use props
#ChrisMurray92
lvl.1

Australia

CharlieZ Posted at 1-5 12:31
Sorry for your loss.
DJI care only works if found the body of the drone. Otherwise, it's just a waste of money. So for me, I try to avoid fly over water because I think is almost impossible if the drone fell into the water.

It really is a total waiste of money. Like why bother selling it if its not going to cover, plus they then charge you more for a defect. I really feel like they're turning into apple more and more.

And 30% discount is a slap in the face if you ask me. Expecially when i just paid $350 plus less then 3 months ago for the same issue.

It just makes me wonder thought, are these issues happening on their newer drones aswell? Like imagine loosing one of the Mavic 2 Pro Enterprise drones during a search and rescue because of this issue, It would really have a negitive impact on the build quality or reliability of their technology.
2019-1-5
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

#ChrisMurray92 Posted at 1-5 19:20
It really is a total waiste of money. Like why bother selling it if its not going to cover, plus they then charge you more for a defect. I really feel like they're turning into apple more and more.

And 30% discount is a slap in the face if you ask me. Expecially when i just paid $350 plus less then 3 months ago for the same issue.

My brand new Mavic 2 got barometer issue and bottom sensors issue after 1 week I receive it. It's at the repair center now, not sure what will DJI do.
2019-1-5
Use props
#ChrisMurray92
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 1-5 07:31
Hi Chris, apologies for the unpleasant experience Chris. However, this has been forwarded to the appropriate department and rest assured that you will be updated. We appreciate your patience.

Hey Diana,

Thank You for all your help.

I've just uploaded all the files stored on the DJI Goggles.

Hope something will come of it.

Chris.
2019-1-5
Use props
besrace
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93215 ft
Australia

Hi Chris
My Zoom went into Gunamatta Bay, I have GPS Coordinates and diver is going in Tuesday. Where did yours go in?.
2019-1-6
Use props
#ChrisMurray92
lvl.1

Australia

besrace Posted at 1-6 04:03
Hi Chris
My Zoom went into Gunamatta Bay, I have GPS Coordinates and diver is going in Tuesday. Where did yours go in?.

Hey, Mine went into the Water off of Shark Point, in between Coggee beach and Bronte Beach Sydney. Location has strong currents and dangerour rock is my issue tho.  Theirs a good chance the drone may not be in the last location on the GPS
2019-1-6
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Lots of NFZ's around Sydney. If you took off without enough sats and then your drone acquired a few at altitude and 'discovered' that it was in an NFZ then it would land immediately.
Did you check before take-off?
2019-1-6
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Im not an expert but why so many slagging off flying over water ? i can fly my £50 pound one over water with no problems at all ? So why cant we fly an expensive model over water without the fear of it just downing ? Blades turning power on got control so what causes it to just GO DOWN ? Experts please....
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

#ChrisMurray92 Posted at 1-5 19:49
Hey Diana,

Thank You for all your help.

You're most welcome. Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you
2019-1-7
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Gazmg Posted at 1-7 05:16
Im not an expert but why so many slagging off flying over water ? i can fly my £50 pound one over water with no problems at all ? So why cant we fly an expensive model over water without the fear of it just downing ? Blades turning power on got control so what causes it to just GO DOWN ? Experts please....

I am no expert but fly over water all the time. There are a few different sensors and a whole lot of settings with the mavic. If you just buy one,  receive it, un box it, charge it up, there is good possibility you going to lose it or crash it or have it “ just fall from sky”  out of no where , if you are not totally familiar with all it’s features and functions that make it so versatile to meet everybody’s needs. Sometimes you may use it one time, it works fine, then you update , and settings are reset or there is a new feature added you never knew about . If you really get to know your app, equipment, remote , drone, chances of miss hap , fly away , or drop down can def be avoided ...most of the time.. sometimes there is equipment malfunction, but usually it’s most likely operator error.
Happy safe flying all
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules