3285 14 2019-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thesotman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2254 ft
South Africa

Hi,
I don't have the option to select the 2.4ghz under the wifi settings in the DJI Go 4 app.
The only options are the Auto and 5ghz.

I have the Spark fly more combo and I'm using a Samsung galaxy A6 plus.

Please help.
Thanks.

2019-1-2
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

you may not be able seeing the 2.4GHz band if you're under the CE mode and using an Android. try with an iOS if available and see if 2.4 pops up
2019-1-2
Use props
thesotman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2254 ft
South Africa

dj_dread Posted at 1-2 06:34
you may not be able seeing the 2.4GHz band if you're under the CE mode and using an Android. try with an iOS if available and see if 2.4 pops up

I don't have an iOS system.
2019-1-2
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I have IOS and I don't see it either with the new DJI GO 4 app. I only have 5, not 2.4.
2019-1-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

So change back to an older Go4 for Droids
apkmirror will help you to check this out!
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we have the version of your aircraft and the application? Have you tried to use a different mobile device to isolate the issue? Does your phone connect to the RC via Wi-fi or OTG cable? Please provide a short video or screen of this concern for further help. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-2
Use props
djiuser_aPpCBisdPPEq
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-2 08:54
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we have the version of your aircraft and the application? Have you tried to use a different mobile device to isolate the issue? Does your phone connect to the RC via Wi-fi or OTG cable? Please provide a short video or screen of this concern for further help. Thank you for the support.

same issue here

android 7.0
galaxy s6
dji spark + rc +otg cable

no 2.4 option. I can see it only for 1-2 second when I "go to fly". After that it disappears.

Very disappointed.
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_aPpCBisdPPEq Posted at 5-6 12:33
same issue here

android 7.0

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to ask if you've managed to check if the 2.4gHZ would appear if you use the wi-fi connection? Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the application to see if there will be changes? Please save important files and sync the flight records prior to delete the application. For further information, it would easily isolate the problem by using a different mobile device. You may refer to the image below for compatible devices.

2019-5-6
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

djiuser_aPpCBisdPPEq Posted at 5-6 12:33
same issue here

android 7.0

If you haven’t already done so turn off the WiFi on your S6 before setting up your Spark. If you have used WiFi to connect your S6 to the controller in the past your phone will remember this connection and might choose this connection in preference to the OTG connection. The problem for us EU users is that DJI did not appreciate that we use a different 5.8GHz allocation which European Android devices do not have access to. The end result is that if you don’t use an OTG connection the only WiFi option for connecting your phone to the controller is 2.4GHz and you’re stuck on 5.8GHz for the controller to Spark connection.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-5-6
Use props
djiuser_aPpCBisdPPEq
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 5-6 12:58
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to ask if you've managed to check if the 2.4gHZ would appear if you use the wi-fi connection? Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the application to see if there will be changes? Please save important files and sync the flight records prior to delete the application. For further information, it would easily isolate the problem by using a different mobile device. You may refer to the image below for compatible devices.

The app automatically switch to 2.4 if I connect the phone directly to the spark (no 5.8 option available in that case). If I use the RC (with or without OTG) only 5.8 is available.
2019-5-9
Use props
djiuser_aPpCBisdPPEq
lvl.1

Italy

Nidge Posted at 5-6 23:47
If you haven’t already done so turn off the WiFi on your S6 before setting up your Spark. If you have used WiFi to connect your S6 to the controller in the past your phone will remember this connection and might choose this connection in preference to the OTG connection. The problem for us EU users is that DJI did not appreciate that we use a different 5.8GHz allocation which European Android devices do not have access to. The end result is that if you don’t use an OTG connection the only WiFi option for connecting your phone to the controller is 2.4GHz and you’re stuck on 5.8GHz for the controller to Spark connection.

Regards

Ad far as I rememnber, 2.4 connection is always not available. Any way tomorrow I'm going to try again. Ty.
2019-5-9
Use props
Nemus
lvl.1

Italy

Tried today
Remote + Spark + OTG Android (wifi switch OFF) = NO 2.4 option

What can I do at this point?
2019-5-10
Use props
Nemus
lvl.1

Italy

Please don't tell me something like "buy a new phone", cause I won't accept this. I spent 600e for a drone and my phone is one of the certified ones, and I want to use my phone.
2019-5-10
Use props
Nemus
lvl.1

Italy

Nemus Posted at 5-10 11:38
Please don't tell me something like "buy a new phone", cause I won't accept this. I spent 600e for a drone and my phone is one of the certified ones, and I want to use my phone.

found the solution: channel mode implicit switch from 2.4 to 5.8:

ch 1-13 => 2.4ghz
14 - infinite => 5.8
2019-6-13
Use props
daffy13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2340295 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Nemus Posted at 6-13 04:30
found the solution: channel mode implicit switch from 2.4 to 5.8: