12Next >
4689 41 2019-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdd9c00b2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28547 ft
United States

Hello, my friends, I would like to share my experience and ask for advice about what to do.

On December 17th I flew my Mavic Air in a park over a lake yo try to get some shot of the awesome fountain that is in the middle I lunch the drone flew it to the lake a suddently it stop following commands it started a forced landing and try to return to home that by my luck was recorded in the lake due to weak GPS signal at the beginning of the fly and just went down in the water a few feet from where I was. I have flown in the park I the past without any problems this time it seems the drone though it was in a "No-Fly Zone" and it tried RTH that sadly was in the lake.

Now my issue with the customer support its that at first it took a few days and try for them to receive the file they requested which they compleaty ignore I send everything they ask and more in my first email then it was sent to data analysis which they said it was pilot error for fly in an "NFZ" which is not! I checked before flying in Airmap and of course the DJI map to check there wasn't any temporary restriction and they still ignoring a lot of data I send, now I feel they are just moking me by doing so.

Now my question is how can I escalate the case or what can I do so they take seriously this case?
here the video and the flight record so you can check it.

2019-1-2
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear your drone landed in the lake.   Going by your words sounds to me like DJI made the right decision.  You said, " forced landing and try to return to home that by my luck was recorded in the lake due to weak GPS signal at the beginning of the fly."   You probably should of waited for a better GPS signal before take-off and check it on the map for accuracy.
2019-1-2
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

Far_North Posted at 1-2 09:59
Sorry to hear your drone landed in the lake.   Going by your words sounds to me like DJI made the right decision.  You said, " forced landing and try to return to home that by my luck was recorded in the lake due to weak GPS signal at the beginning of the fly."   You probably should of waited for a better GPS signal before take-off and check it on the map for accuracy.

The drone wasn't in an NFZ  so there was no reason to initiate a forced landing, that was a software error. Take away the control from the pilot can be also dangerous in some cases what happen if it landed in someone's head? as you can see in the video the drone also lowering altitude in a 45-degree angle no how RTH supposed to work.

I never use the RTH function because I never fly too far away from me.
2019-1-2
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Did you fish the drone out of the water yet? DJI won't do anything but maybe 20% on a different replacement from what i understand if you cannot send them the drone.
2019-1-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

this is a tough situation....  this is one where i have to say both of you and DJI were in the wrong here.  

i think you are in the wrong for checking the wrong maps, dji fly safe maps basically anti-orlando so so many over lapping shapes and colors.. realistically only places around orlando are outside of orlando out far outskirts..  regardless if DJI's map is accurate or matches up with FAA/airmaps or not...the drone only listens to dji's instructions..

DJI is in the wrong for taking over the drone's control... at this point dji caused the total loss regardless if you are or arent supposed to be there, NFZ or not... if i took this to my insurance company (which i do have a policy on my drone with) they would actually consider this entirely dji's fault if i presented this to them and would cut me a check to replace entire value.

unfortunately, as mentioned by rolling56, any times even partially your fault, dji isn't going to give any handouts, have to fish that drone out and shipp it to them to get 20% off from there own store online.   

alternatively, if you can prove zero fault of your own, such as dji fly safe map cleared that area entirely and you at no point touched a NFZ, match up those logs and get a very open and willing people to follow through end to end on your case with DJI.. maybe.  if you know for a fact you can prove it or prove the map is wrong  get upper supervisor to work with you, maybe able to get something out of it.. but dont count on it.   

2019-1-2
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-2 11:06
this is a tough situation....  this is one where i have to say both of you and DJI were in the wrong here.  

i think you are in the wrong for checking the wrong maps, dji fly safe maps basically anti-orlando so so many over lapping shapes and colors.. realistically only places around orlando are outside of orlando out far outskirts..  regardless if DJI's map is accurate or matches up with FAA/airmaps or not...the drone only listens to dji's instructions..

Thank for your reply When I first sent the report I sent the logs and coordinates of where I was flying so they can check where everything happened. also, I constantly see people flying in the same area there are some incredible shots and videos here in the Sky Pixel so I see this only happen to me for some reason then just told me what the logs say That was in an NFZ but they didn't actually check if the area is an NFZ. that why I'm asking over here to know if there is another experience like mine and can guide me.
2019-1-2
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

rolling56 Posted at 1-2 10:33
Did you fish the drone out of the water yet? DJI won't do anything but maybe 20% on a different replacement from what i understand if you cannot send them the drone.

No I didn't I can't do it in that area and there is only a swan boat to rent and the lake is 7 meters deep.
2019-1-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RyukD12 Posted at 1-2 11:16
Thank for your reply When I first sent the report I sent the logs and coordinates of where I was flying so they can check where everything happened. also, I constantly see people flying in the same area there are some incredible shots and videos here in the Sky Pixel so I see this only happen to me for some reason then just told me what the logs say That was in an NFZ but they didn't actually check if the area is an NFZ. that why I'm asking over here to know if there is another experience like mine and can guide me.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

if you can select you drone and area in the drop down and then locate where this happened take a screenshot and see if its in a zone DJI considers an NFZ and how they marked it.. maybe you have a case here
2019-1-2
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-2 11:45
https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

if you can select you drone and area in the drop down and then locate where this happened take a screenshot and see if its in a zone DJI considers an NFZ and how they marked it.. maybe you have a case here

Here it is the closer NFZ is two blocks away I was flying over the lake as you can see in the videos.
I also forgot to mention the drone still under warranty.
2019-1-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RyukD12 Posted at 1-2 11:50
[view_image]

Here it is the closer NFZ is two blocks away I was flying over the lake as you can see in the videos.

you are correct, not in a NFZ area.  technically you are in a authorization zone, before you started this flight, did you first get full GPS lock and get prompted about authorizations and did you slide or click to accept them?  or did nothing appear.   

i personally, do not think that the authorization zone would kick you out of the air, even if it just realized the issue need you to accept something..   i think you have a case with DJI, hopefully an admin here can push your case though.
2019-1-2
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-2 12:01
you are correct, not in a NFZ area.  technically you are in a authorization zone, before you started this flight, did you first get full GPS lock and get prompted about authorizations and did you slide or click to accept them?  or did nothing appear.   

i personally, do not think that the authorization zone would kick you out of the air, even if it just realized the issue need you to accept something..   i think you have a case with DJI, hopefully an admin here can push your case though.

Thank for your Help

I did performance a self unlock before takeoff basically all my city is in blue I have to do it all the time. the GPS signal was weak but I believe they use the Phone to determinate if you are not in an NFZ I've seen videos of people flying without the phone in the control to avoid flight restriction in the flight records I can see the blue dot that indicates where I was so the position was clear for my phone (Phone also use the cellular towers to located itself that why in many cases it's more accurate than the GPS in the drone)
2019-1-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RyukD12 Posted at 1-2 12:07
Thank for your Help

I did performance a self unlock before takeoff basically all my city is in blue I have to do it all the time. the GPS signal was weak but I believe they use the Phone to determinate if you are not in an NFZ I've seen videos of people flying without the phone in the control to avoid flight restriction in the flight records I can see the blue dot that indicates where I was so the position was clear for my phone (Phone also use the cellular towers to located itself that why in many cases it's more accurate than the GPS in the drone)

weak GPS is the biggest issue, i dont know if that caused a glitch once GPS locked fully, either way it should not have triggered a landing..glitch or not..  in this case, personally i believe DJI should replace your drone..

i think best bet is to call DJi, request upper management/supervisor for your case tell them its very unacceptable and work with them on this..you are right if everything you presented is truly what happened, dji needs to fix this with you.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, apologies for the troubles you had recently. This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your support and understanding
2019-1-2
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-2 13:25
Hi, apologies for the troubles you had recently. This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your support and understanding

Thank you a lot  that's very much appreciated .
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RyukD12 Posted at 1-2 13:36
Thank you a lot  that's very much appreciated .

Hi RyukD12, you are most welcome. We will keep you posted for the updates. Thank you.
2019-1-2
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

Well, I did recived a phone call from DJI Support to tell me that the decision was final and that it's normal for the drone to make a forced landing if you lunch the drone in ATI Mode and then pick up signal it will go down no matter what. for me, that's just an excuse and will proceed to make a full video about the incident to share and show people how DJI take care of their mistakes.
2019-1-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RyukD12 Posted at 1-3 11:41
Well, I did recived a phone call from DJI Support to tell me that the decision was final and that it's normal for the drone to make a forced landing if you lunch the drone in ATI Mode and then pick up signal it will go down no matter what. for me, that's just an excuse and will proceed to make a full video about the incident to share and show people how DJI take care of their mistakes.

i tested this out today right after repairing my drone.. 2 hours out of town and found authorized zone on an island... took before GPS lock to simulate your scenario as much as possible, guess what..   it asked me to confirm that i know im near an authorized area, and i clicked okay.. full GPS lock came and nothing changed.. it even flew deeper into the blue area on the map and over the bridge... it didn't try to land no count down, no warnings...it did throw up 120m limit to my alt but that was it.  and distance isnt even 30 seconds i flew away so if it began a countdown to landing i could likely make it back..

now 1 difference, the phone i fly with is not connected to cellular/wifi or any data.. LG V10 i downloaded maps in background of various areas and occasionally sign it into my home network to update that's it.. so could it be that if it location data is secretly being sent in real time in background to DJI's servers and kicking you out of the air if dont belong after comparing location data?   from what i read, dji claims not what they are doing and only time data is exchanged is during syncing of flights.. but i dont buy that because chinese companies have a reputation for not being fully honest and collecting data when claim they arent.
long story short, i agree, it is very much an excuse, very lazy excuse at that.   no time should ever be acceptable to initiate an auto landing just because i an zone that dji doesnt want you in...   i force a hover and confirm a landing... or have it return home and hover or something..set a reasonble limit in height too.. like no more then 50 feet up or something..lot of alternitives dji could go for.  i doubt any manned aircraft doing to be crusing around 50 feet off the ground, and risk of total loss is high...a slide to confirm landing option would be far more desirable..combine the two and almost perfect solutuon, middle of the lake still be able to rescue it in most cases... ugh stupid options and excuses   
2019-1-3
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-3 13:16
i tested this out today right after repairing my drone.. 2 hours out of town and found authorized zone on an island... took before GPS lock to simulate your scenario as much as possible, guess what..   it asked me to confirm that i know im near an authorized area, and i clicked okay.. full GPS lock came and nothing changed.. it even flew deeper into the blue area on the map and over the bridge... it didn't try to land no count down, no warnings...it did throw up 120m limit to my alt but that was it.  and distance isnt even 30 seconds i flew away so if it began a countdown to landing i could likely make it back..

now 1 difference, the phone i fly with is not connected to cellular/wifi or any data.. LG V10 i downloaded maps in background of various areas and occasionally sign it into my home network to update that's it.. so could it be that if it location data is secretly being sent in real time in background to DJI's servers and kicking you out of the air if dont belong after comparing location data?   from what i read, dji claims not what they are doing and only time data is exchanged is during syncing of flights.. but i dont buy that because chinese companies have a reputation for not being fully honest and collecting data when claim they arent.

Thank you I will proceed to take this to where I have! I'm failing a legal claim with the Orange Consumer Protection office.

thank you for your understanding.
2019-1-3
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

Here is the video!
2019-1-3
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

RyukD12 Posted at 1-3 11:41

ya sorry man. I've seen this happen many times now
2019-1-3
Use props
Estelle Lau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

It seems that you were also in the Regulatory Restricted Zones, maybe that's why your drone forced to landing.

2.png 1.png
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RyukD12 Posted at 1-3 13:38
Thank you I will proceed to take this to where I have! I'm failing a legal claim with the Orange Consumer Protection office.

thank you for your understanding.

Hi RyukD12, sorry to know the warranty service still cannot be provided, according to the coordinate, the zone you flew the drone is the blue Authorization Zones, without the authorization, the pilot is unable to fly in this area. GTScreenshot_20190104_164329.png
The reason why the aircraft could be launched in this Zone was that the aircraft took off without enough GPS signal, the aircraft didn't realize that it was operated in the No-Fly Zone when it took off. When the aircraft received enough GPS signal and started to realize that it was in the No-Fly Zone and the force-landing was triggered.
If you have unlocked this Zone before, please kindly reply the email #1532493 with a copy of the E-mail or document (the DJI account, S/N of the aircraft, start time and end time, longitude and latitude, radius, height) you received when you submitted the unlock request, we will inform the team to double check, thank you.
2019-1-4
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

Estelle Lau Posted at 1-3 14:35
It seems that you were also in the Regulatory Restricted Zones, maybe that's why your drone forced to landing.

[view_image][view_image]

If you click on the are the map will tell you what kind of area it is and that's an authorization zone which you can unlock before take off with a couple of taps which I did perform a self unlock it takes 5 seconds I do it all the time because if you see all the city is inside that shape.

So It's is not a restricted area to fly.

2019-1-4
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-4 01:18
Hi RyukD12, sorry to know the warranty service still cannot be provided, according to the coordinate, the zone you flew the drone is the blue Authorization Zones, without the authorization, the pilot is unable to fly in this area.[view_image]
The reason why the aircraft could be launched in this Zone was that the aircraft took off without enough GPS signal, the aircraft didn't realize that it was operated in the No-Fly Zone when it took off. When the aircraft received enough GPS signal and started to realize that it was in the No-Fly Zone and the force-landing was triggered.
If you have unlocked this Zone before, please kindly reply the email #1532493 with a copy of the E-mail or document (the DJI account, S/N of the aircraft, start time and end time, longitude and latitude, radius, height) you received when you submitted the unlock request, we will inform the team to double check, thank you.

This is an example of the excuse. to unlock the flight you just have to accept the terms from inside the app blue areas don't require such permission from DJI just accept the responsibility for the fly by a self unlock in with a couple of taps. also, the real NFZ in red can be unlocked in the DJI website I did it just to see the process and I submitted all the information of a flight and receive immediate approval whit out receiving an email from DJI Just refresh permissions to fly in the app and ready to go.
2019-1-4
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-4 01:18
Hi RyukD12, sorry to know the warranty service still cannot be provided, according to the coordinate, the zone you flew the drone is the blue Authorization Zones, without the authorization, the pilot is unable to fly in this area.[view_image]

To prove this joke for part of the DJI Customer Services I'm just trying to request permission right now and you can only do it in Red Zones that are actually NFZ as you can see in the capture the website won't allow me to even requested it because it's not necessary to flight in that area the nearest NFZ its the court that is far away from the park as you can see.

if anyone wants to test it here's the website: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RyukD12 Posted at 1-4 05:55
To prove this joke for part of the DJI Customer Services I'm just trying to request permission right now and you can only do it in Red Zones that are actually NFZ as you can see in the capture the website won't allow me to even requested it because it's not necessary to flight in that area the nearest NFZ its the court that is far away from the park as you can see.

if anyone wants to test it here's the website: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

There are two ways to unlock Authorization Zones (blue): Live Self-Unlocking and Scheduled Self-Unlocking, it depends on whether you have an Internet connection or not.
For the Live Self-Unlocking, it just requires a few taps on the screen, but the unlocking only lasts for 24 hours. We also checked your unlocking records and you unlocked twice but all have been expired in the last flight when the accident happened because each unlocking only lasted for 24 hours. Please check the screenshot below and more details here: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock
The warranty service cannot be provided, thanks for your understanding.
GTScreenshot_20190107_141616.png

2019-1-6
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-6 22:24
There are two ways to unlock Authorization Zones (blue): Live Self-Unlocking and Scheduled Self-Unlocking, it depends on whether you have an Internet connection or not.
For the Live Self-Unlocking, it just requires a few taps on the screen, but the unlocking only lasts for 24 hours. We also checked your unlocking records and you unlocked twice but all have been expired in the last flight when the accident happened because each unlocking only lasted for 24 hours. Please check the screenshot below and more details here: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

1.- I see we are getting some progress over here now you are admitting that this is just an authorization zone and no an NFZ as you have 1 month arguing that it is.

2.- Authorizations zones won't kick you out and start a forced landing under any circumstances

3.- The self unlock was performed and I have a perfect internet connection that is it's the heart of the city no an insolated lake away for civilization.

4.- if the product fails for hardware or software issue the warranty should by honored.

2019-1-7
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-6 22:24
There are two ways to unlock Authorization Zones (blue): Live Self-Unlocking and Scheduled Self-Unlocking, it depends on whether you have an Internet connection or not.
For the Live Self-Unlocking, it just requires a few taps on the screen, but the unlocking only lasts for 24 hours. We also checked your unlocking records and you unlocked twice but all have been expired in the last flight when the accident happened because each unlocking only lasted for 24 hours. Please check the screenshot below and more details here: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

A little video I made to prove my point When should I spect my replacement?
2019-1-7
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

RyukD12 Posted at 1-7 19:32
A little video I made to prove my point When should I spect my replacement? Flying without permissions

The video has some issues with the quality I will fix it for the Customer Support convenience tomorrow
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RyukD12 Posted at 1-7 19:42
The video has some issues with the quality I will fix it for the Customer Support convenience tomorrow

The Authorization area cannot fly without self-unlocking, the main crash reason is you didn't take off with enough GPS signal, the drone didn't recognize it was in the Authorization region, therefore, no unlocking message was popped up. The higher level team has explained and the final decision has been made, hope for your understanding.
2019-1-7
Use props
Arthuar
lvl.1
Italy

Sorry if it was the wrong thread, but I need to know if my mavic Air it's been activated or not, before to take it's first flight.
This is the serial numbers 0K1DECF1AC0132

Thanks.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Arthuar Posted at 1-8 01:44
Sorry if it was the wrong thread, but I need to know if my mavic Air it's been activated or not, before to take it's first flight.
This is the serial numbers 0K1DECF1AC0132

Hi Arthuar, your Mavic Air has already been activated, please register your own DJI account and then you can fly it directly.
2019-1-8
Use props
Arthuar
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 1-8 02:03
Hi Arthuar, your Mavic Air has already been activated, please register your own DJI account and then you can fly it directly.

thanks, could you make more happy supply the activation date..
Just to know if is little used or more as said byt the previous ownership.
Thanks indeed.
2019-1-8
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-7 22:37
The Authorization area cannot fly without self-unlocking, the main crash reason is you didn't take off with enough GPS signal, the drone didn't recognize it was in the Authorization region, therefore, no unlocking message was popped up. The higher level team has explained and the final decision has been made, hope for your understanding.

I asked for a second review of my case with they only take 5 min to read back what the first person said, second the main cause of the crash was a software issue when it recover GPS signal it thought it was in an NFZ witch your team has been just saying that and now they recognized it is just an authorization zone and either way it will kick you out of the air which is just a lay as I proved in this little test I performance.

It's is incredible how DJI can do anything to void a warranty and no matter how long it takes DJI will honor the warranty.

2019-1-8
Use props
Arthuar
lvl.1
Italy

Arthuar Posted at 1-8 07:16
thanks, could you make more happy supply the activation date..
Just to know if is little used or more as said byt the previous ownership.
Thanks indeed.

Bump.
If it was of any prob at all, it's very important for my satisfaction on a DJI product.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Arthuar Posted at 1-8 12:33
Bump.
If it was of any prob at all, it's very important for my satisfaction on a DJI product.

Sorry for the late response, more details of the activation have been sent to you via PM, pelase check, thanks.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RyukD12 Posted at 1-8 10:23
I asked for a second review of my case with they only take 5 min to read back what the first person said, second the main cause of the crash was a software issue when it recover GPS signal it thought it was in an NFZ witch your team has been just saying that and now they recognized it is just an authorization zone and either way it will kick you out of the air which is just a lay as I proved in this little test I performance.

It's is incredible how DJI can do anything to void a warranty and no matter how long it takes DJI will honor the warranty.

The data analysis result has been verified several times with our engineers and the data analysis team, without unlocking the Authorization area, it is No Fly Zone, please fly with cautious in these restircted areas and make sure the GPS signal is strong before taking off in case the drone fails to recoginize its position.
2019-1-8
Use props
Richard inman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4551339 ft
United States

I was under the impression that. We buy DJI care to cover just that people lot error. Did you fish
2019-1-9
Use props
Richard inman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4551339 ft
United States

I was under the impression that. We buy DJI care to cover just that people lot error. Did you fish
2019-1-9
Use props
RyukD12
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-8 23:37
The data analysis result has been verified several times with our engineers and the data analysis team, without unlocking the Authorization area, it is No Fly Zone, please fly with cautious in these restircted areas and make sure the GPS signal is strong before taking off in case the drone fails to recoginize its position.

Data analysis never verify if the area it's actually an NFZ that was the issue the area 28.544935 -81.371888 It is NOT an NFZ so there isn't any reason for the drone to start a Forced landing.

can you confirm if the coordinates 28.544935 -81.371888 are an NFZ?
2019-1-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules