921 8 2019-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Hopefully this will be used for EMERGENCY Aircraft posts:
     I have been wondering what is the best way to get the drone back to you if/when it looses signal?  Or if something else happens that shouldn't.  I was thinking about first doing the BREAK button, or the RTH button, perhaps just pulling down on the power stick?  Any ideas?
2019-1-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the default system is if the drone drops signal for a few seconds it begins a return to home procedures (RTH)..  slightly varies depending on which drone but most part it raises up to RTH hieght set in the app and flies back.. this will by default be take off location when you launch the drone..  

if a critical errors happens, usually it will not self initiated return to home, you can decide if the error is bad enough that you need to land right away or come home..  some errors disable return to home as well, like GPS errors/compass/IMU errors because better if you manually fly it back vs trusting something that maybe failing and/or giving erratic readings.
2019-1-2
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Make sure you have the setting correct for RTH, set to Return to Home, NOT auto land, or hover...
It's in the Go app.

2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. this scenario is failsafe RTH, if the Home point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH will be automatically activated if the remote control signal is lost for a specified amount of time (3 seconds when using the remote controller) Return to home can be canceled by the pilot when you manage to regain the control to the aircraft. We would recommend flying your drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid connection problem. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-2
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-2 13:40
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. this scenario is failsafe RTH, if the Home point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH will be automatically activated if the remote control signal is lost for a specified amount of time (3 seconds when using the remote controller) Return to home can be canceled by the pilot when you manage to regain the control to the aircraft. We would recommend flying your drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid connection problem. Thank you for continued support.

Tony, thank you for the reply, I think I know why you prefer the operator to fly the craft back, is it in case the problem comes back?
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HH1 Posted at 1-2 18:13
Tony, thank you for the reply, I think I know why you prefer the operator to fly the craft back, is it in case the problem comes back?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You could set your preferred option on what aircraft will do under the DJI GO 4 app when the remote controller is disconnected to the aircraft. We would recommend setting the RTH altitude is higher than any object below when flying for a better fail-safe procedure. Please always have a safe flight ahead.
2019-1-3
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 08:21
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You could set your preferred option on what aircraft will do under the DJI GO 4 app when the remote controller is disconnected to the aircraft. We would recommend setting the RTH altitude is higher than any object below when flying for a better fail-safe procedure. Please always have a safe flight ahead.

Thank you Tony, am currently reading the craft manual, next is instructions on GO4, and will certainly look that up specially.  Sure helps to get help from you.
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HH1 Posted at 1-3 09:38
Thank you Tony, am currently reading the craft manual, next is instructions on GO4, and will certainly look that up specially.  Sure helps to get help from you.

You're most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-3
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for the answers you folks, it sure helps.  By the way, I went into GO 4 and set the RTH for 50, rather than the 20 I had it set for.  THEN, I decided to try it out, with craft hovering about ten feet away from me, I pressed the RTH button, the craft went quite a ways up, stopped, then turned around, and slowly descended to a very smooth landing.  It impressed me quite a bit  I am slowly getting the feeling that I am trying to fly a robot
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules