DJI Care Refresh question
773 9 2019-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

HI, I was wondering if flying with Litchi or another application and the Spark crash, will I be able to use the DJI Care Refresh insurance? I do not have Litchi but was thinking of buying it but not until I am 100% sure it would be covered if something happen no matter what (user error flying with another software).

So what is it DJI? Would the Spark be covered under the DJI Care Refresh if it would crash while flying with Litchi?

2019-1-2
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

FORGET IT, I GOT MY ANSWER:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-130649-2-1.html

this suck!
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Daniella3d, the damage resulting from the use of third party software will not be covered by the DJI Care Refresh, sorry for the inconvenience and please use the DJI Go 4 during flying. GTScreenshot_20190103_103753.png
2019-1-2
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Yeah I got that. I will not buy litchi for sure. I saw in the other thread that someone batterry popped out of the spark in flight and it was not covered since he was using Litchi. This had nothing to do with Litchi yet it was still not covered. So Litchi is definitely a no go for me.
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Daniella3d Posted at 1-2 18:56
Yeah I got that. I will not buy litchi for sure. I saw in the other thread that someone batterry popped out of the spark in flight and it was not covered since he was using Litchi. This had nothing to do with Litchi yet it was still not covered. So Litchi is definitely a no go for me.

Usually we will analyze the flight logs of the Flight Controller, but if the log is not adequate or damaged, we will need to analyze the flight records in the APP, but if you were flying with the Litchi, sorry that we are unable to analyze its records, thanks for your understanding.
2019-1-2
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

what about the black box, the .dat file in the drone? is that not independent of the software used to fly it?
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Daniella3d Posted at 1-2 20:40
what about the black box, the .dat file in the drone? is that not independent of the software used to fly it?

By the flight logs of the Flight Controller, I mean the black box, they are independent, but we also need the flight records of the APP for better analysis.
2019-1-3
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

What information is in the flight log that is not in the black box?

I would think the black box inside the drone is enough. I saw both and the black box gave far more information than the flight log which in my case just stopped in mid flight. The black box showed the whole thing all the way to the landing.  

2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Daniella3d Posted at 1-3 14:31
What information is in the flight log that is not in the black box?

I would think the black box inside the drone is enough. I saw both and the black box gave far more information than the flight log which in my case just stopped in mid flight. The black box showed the whole thing all the way to the landing.

The black box could be damaged when the drone is crashed, in this case, we will need the flight records for further analysis.
2019-1-4
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

And what if the black box is not damaged? then you don't need the flight log? What's the point of the flight log if it does not even record the whole flight whereas the black box does.

So if the black box is not damaged, what information is in the flight log that won't be in the black box?
2019-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules