WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

opnwong Posted at 1-4 05:09
That's not story mode.

Please search in YouTube.

Apologies... acknowledged this in other posts, too, to avoid further confusion.
2019-1-4
Use props
Sigtyr
lvl.1
United States

I realize this is for the iOS update but the Android version seems to not be able to change EV on manual but can be changed on auto. Possibly a bug?  (This is for Video on the DJI Osmo Pocket)
2019-1-4
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

Sigtyr Posted at 1-4 10:41
I realize this is for the iOS update but the Android version seems to not be able to change EV on manual but can be changed on auto. Possibly a bug?  (This is for Video on the DJI Osmo Pocket)

The EV is just an indicator for the exposure value. If you change the shutter speed you’ll notice the EV Meyer moves up or down accordingly.
2019-1-4
Use props
Sigtyr
lvl.1
United States

Rogue0ne Posted at 1-4 11:23
The EV is just an indicator for the exposure value. If you change the shutter speed you’ll notice the EV Meyer moves up or down accordingly.

Oh I see. Sorry for the confusion then! Completely new to these things.
2019-1-4
Use props
Herbert Kotzwinkle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7539 ft
Germany

Is anybody else experiencing the same on Android mimo app with Video settings.when selecting fps/format/fine/superfine that the chosen settings don't show/grey out anymore?
2019-1-4
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

Rogue0ne Posted at 1-3 02:12
This is really insulting to your customers DJI. Still no Story Mode. Still no Cinelike. Features that were advertised on all of your advertising and promotional videos.
It’s like buying a car and not getting a steering wheel.

Agreed. Misleading advertising.
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 04:41
Hi all, Story Mode and the D-Cinelike video still haven't been released with this APP version, our engineers are still working on it and will release them very soon, sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.

I don't understand why story mode was advertised if it was not feasible? That is very misleading advertising; I imagine that many people believed it was on the device. Why release the marketing videos without a disclaimer that a feature (in fact, more than one) is not actually obtainable?
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

Herbert Kotzwinkle Posted at 1-4 12:28
Is anybody else experiencing the same on Android mimo app with Video settings.when selecting fps/format/fine/superfine that the chosen settings don't show/grey out anymore?

My understanding is that some are mutually exclusive. You can't have 4k with certain quality and/or frame rate.
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

Rogue0ne Posted at 1-3 11:53
I love mine, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to just lie down and be quiet about missing features. Calling people 'cry babies' is wrong.  They’ve paid a lot of money for something that is missing features advertised on the manufacturers promo videos. That’s really poor customer relations. You wouldn’t be happy if Ford sold you a car, but didn’t give you the wheels the day you collected it because they’re still working on them.

DJI advertised the Mavic Air as having waypoints, then never added them and pretty much brushed it under the carpet. Osmo Pocket owners need to keep pushing for the missing features to ensure that doesn’t happen again.

AGREE with you 100 percent. Look what happened to Tesla when it advertised features that it didn't deliver! A huge lawsuit with 50,000 plaintiffs and a 5 million dollar settlement.
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

scott99 Posted at 1-3 12:09
I agree somewhat. But Just because those features aren't on there YET, doesn't mean they will never be there.

That being said, DJI should keep their promises. IF they promised waypoints on the Mavic Air, and never brought them to the product, well that's pretty crappy. Doesn't mean the features missing from the Osmo Pocket won't show up, I guess time will tell.

But the features were advertised WITH the initial product.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

miamitv Posted at 1-14 12:26
I don't understand why story mode was advertised if it was not feasible? That is very misleading advertising; I imagine that many people believed it was on the device. Why release the marketing videos without a disclaimer that a feature (in fact, more than one) is not actually obtainable?

Hi miamitv, sorry for the inconvenience caused because of the lack of Story Mode, we have stated in our website that Story mode will be available soon in a future app update.
It is estimated to be released soon in the late January if everything goes smoothly, thanks for your patience. GTScreenshot_20190115_171639.png
2019-1-15
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-15 01:18
Hi miamitv, sorry for the inconvenience caused because of the lack of Story Mode, we have stated in our website that Story mode will be available soon in a future app update.
It is estimated to be released soon in the late January if everything goes smoothly, thanks for your patience.[view_image]

Yeah, but the videos didn’t state that.
2019-1-15
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-15 01:18
It is estimated to be released soon in the late January if everything goes smoothly, thanks for your patience.[view_image][Image]

If that’s the case, then why is DJI continuing to advertise the features both via youtube videos AND its marketing materials?, with no disclaimers?  
6DE62C28-5A22-4854-A999-968BDB704808.jpeg
2019-1-15
Use props
GeorgeGreek
First Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Rogue0ne Posted at 1-3 02:12
This is really insulting to your customers DJI. Still no Story Mode. Still no Cinelike. Features that were advertised on all of your advertising and promotional videos.

I Have the same opinion! Thank you Roqueone!
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rogue0ne Posted at 1-15 08:48
Yeah, but the videos didn’t state that.

We are sorry for the confusion, Story Mode is estimated to be released soon in the late January if everything goes smoothly, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

miamitv Posted at 1-15 09:32
If that’s the case, then why is DJI continuing to advertise the features both via youtube videos AND its marketing materials?, with no disclaimers?

Hi miamitv, Story Mode is one of the very important features for Osmo Pocket, we will definitely release it but we need more time, it will be released soon, thanks for your understanding.
2019-1-16
Use props
fans0707e9e9
New
United States

Can I edit the WORDS/TEXT inside of "My Story"? Kinda stupid for me to create a video with a foreign language/words in the template but I can't change it.
2019-1-23
Use props
ToXXuS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164344 ft
Ukraine

will Mimo app support watchOS?
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules