Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Have to Scan QR/Connect Every Time
3118 6 2019-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mono7
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone else have this issue?

Every time I use my Spark I have to scan the QR code on the back of my controller in order to connect the drone. I always get the activation screen and have to active with R/C or with my iPhone.

Any tips?
2019-1-3
Use props
pianoplayer7
First Officer
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Have you tried checking to see if the phone can connect to the drone/RC’s WiFi?
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we have the serial number of your aircraft and also the model of your mobile device. We would recommend linking your remote to the aircraft then connect your mobile device via wi-fi or OTG if you're using an Android device. Please refer to our video tutorial below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

2019-1-3
Use props
Mono7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 08:32
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we have the serial number of your aircraft and also the model of your mobile device. We would recommend linking your remote to the aircraft then connect your mobile device via wi-fi or OTG if you're using an Android device. Please refer to our video tutorial below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOi9WiS-PF8

Thanks Tony!

Will try this and send serial numbers when I return home from work.
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mono7 Posted at 1-3 10:00
Thanks Tony!

Will try this and send serial numbers when I return home from work.

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. We will be waiting for your response. For the mean-time, you could follow the instruction above to see if the problem will persist. Would it be possible if you can clarify to us if your mobile device detects the wi-fi of your remote controller? If yes, then it's not necessary to scan the QR code of the RC. We recommend checking if your RC is connected to the aircraft then connect your phone via Wi-fi or OTG (Android devices only). Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-1-3
Use props
Mono7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 10:36
Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. We will be waiting for your response. For the mean-time, you could follow the instruction above to see if the problem will persist. Would it be possible if you can clarify to us if your mobile device detects the wi-fi of your remote controller? If yes, then it's not necessary to scan the QR code of the RC. We recommend checking if your RC is connected to the aircraft then connect your phone via Wi-fi or OTG (Android devices only). Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

Hi Tony,

I also posted this question on the DJISpark subreddit.

The way I have been using my spark is as follow:
I turn on the Drone and the Controller. Then scan the QR code with my iPhone XR to activate.

I have not been going directly to WiFi and connecting to the RC first. I believe if I do it this way it should connect without having to use the QR code.
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mono7 Posted at 1-3 11:02
Hi Tony,

I also posted this question on the DJISpark subreddit.

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, scanning the QR code is not necessary when using your Spark. You could directly connect your phone to the RC via wi-fi for as long as the remote is connected to the drone. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules