Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lobby for DJI Pilot app support for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, Mavic Air/Pro
5723 12 2019-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexSW
lvl.3
Australia

Hello everyone,  

The waypoint flight mode for Mavic 2 has been delayed for so long. However, the android version of the DJI Pilot app currently works with Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom. The app also seems to work the Mavic Pro. I am not sure about Mavic Air, someone might want to try it out. It is actually so much better than the old Waypoint Mode of Mavic Pro.

In the DJI Pilot app, you can pre-define a route at home without even turning on the drone or remote controller. The route can be set with custom speed, height, yawing angle and gimbal pitch for each waypoint.

When onsite, you launch the drone and press one button. You get guaranteed smooth video through the flight path you designed.  

The old Waypoint Mode of Mavic Pro actually requires you to physically fly through the route once beforehand to save each waypoint. You cannot plan in advance. You have waste one battery to save the route onsite.  

Currently, the DJI Pilot app sometimes does not detect the USB cable connection between the phone and remote controller. Following sequence seems to work: Turn on the Mavic 2; turn on the remote controller; start the DJI Pilot app; plug in the USB cable. If it doesn’t work the first time, re-plug the cable a few times and it will eventually work.  

DJI does sometimes listen to user request if enough people ask for it; the Spark OTG cable support is an example. So many people have asked for the Waypoint mode for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and Mavic Air. I have also seem Mavic Pro users asking for ability to pre-define a waypoint route.

If the DJI Pilot app already works, why not just add official support for it? It would also save their programing team time from adding the Waypoint mode in DJI Go 4 app.   

Please select the poll if you want DJI to add official Pilot app support for Mavic 2, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro or not.
Single SelectVote, Total 76 people participate in voting View Poll participants
86.84% (66)
13.16% (10)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-1-3
Use props
djiuser_j4jzE8p36HLR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28888 ft
South Africa

First confirm with DJI if you can use your particular drone with DJI Pilot. I lost my Spark while using it and they refuse to open a case, even to see whether there was a problem by studying the DJI GO 4 information.

The app does not tell you which drones are compatible with it, nor will your drone warn you not to use it.

DJI have told me it's a third party app, it's not compatible with Spark and also that they can't open a case because they can't get the data from Pilot, even though I sent them the Pilot flight data via Google Drive.

DJI WILL find all sorts of excuses not to open a case if you use the Pilot app.
2019-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This is a bit futile, Pilot app was designed for enterprise it was never said it would be available for M2 this just sounds like another whinge from you, dji ground station app has waypoints and is available for use with M2 .
I’m certain that if dji Pilot app was available as the only app for use with M2 there would be no end of whinging and complaining, I was well aware that dji we’re still working on waypoints 2 for M2 when I purchased and it was also mentioned in the manual, I’m prepared to wait to see how Waypoints develops, in the meantime as an iOS user I can use groundstation, which incidentally is only available for iOS users.
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_j4jzE8p36HLR Posted at 1-5 11:09
First confirm with DJI if you can use your particular drone with DJI Pilot. I lost my Spark while using it and they refuse to open a case, even to see whether there was a problem by studying the DJI GO 4 information.

The app does not tell you which drones are compatible with it, nor will your drone warn you not to use it.

I’m certain dji tells you to use dji go4 for flying spark.
2019-1-11
Use props
liketofly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1315561 ft
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 10:26
This is a bit futile, Pilot app was designed for enterprise it was never said it would be available for M2 this just sounds like another whinge from you, dji ground station app has waypoints and is available for use with M2 .
I’m certain that if dji Pilot app was available as the only app for use with M2 there would be no end of whinging and complaining, I was well aware that dji we’re still working on waypoints 2 for M2 when I purchased and it was also mentioned in the manual, I’m prepared to wait to see how Waypoints develops, in the meantime as an iOS user I can use groundstation, which incidentally is only available for iOS users.

It's very nice that You can use the Ground Station app.... And what about those people, who do not (and have no desire to) own any Apple products?
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

liketofly Posted at 1-11 10:39
It's very nice that You can use the Ground Station app.... And what about those people, who do not (and have no desire to) own any Apple products?

Then the op has stated you can use android on dji pilot, so I made the point that waypoints is there for everyone.
2019-1-11
Use props
1cmathis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1007 ft
United States

A third option in your survey should be... "I use Litchi".
2019-1-13
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

I have used DJI harmony with SPARK which is very stable .
2019-8-17
Use props
izotop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

It's very nice that You can use the Ground Station app.... And what  about those people, who do not (and have no desire to) own any Apple  products?

beside litchi, there's also drone harmony app, which in its basic version cam also give you a nice pre-programmed options, also it have 3d interface, where you can determined, what drone have to avoid etc.
probably best app for routing out there (imo), android only (once for a change).
https://droneharmony.com/
2020-3-1
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

izotop Posted at 3-1 10:25
It's very nice that You can use the Ground Station app.... And what  about those people, who do not (and have no desire to) own any Apple  products?

If you want to move beyond Litchi you might want to try Dronelink which is free for non-commercial use.
2020-3-1
Use props
izotop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

will check, but as i mentioned,, there's basic version of dh, which is once payment only, for something like 20 or 30€. it's good enough for hobby or even some more advanced stuff..
2020-3-5
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does DJI Pilot work on the Smart Controller???
2020-3-17
Use props
Kalle2017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 987310 ft
Germany

AntDX316 Posted at 2020-3-17 11:42
Does DJI Pilot work on the Smart Controller???

Yes, it work on the Smart Controller for the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Series drones. But if you connect a DJI Mavic 2 Pro, the Smart Controller switch to the DJI 4 GO App.
2021-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules