Beware of buying Osmo Pocket accessories on ebay
6024 38 2019-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

I received my Pocket on December 12th.Same day ordered on ebay a mount  that hold's the phone on the Pocket from China.Said speedy 10-14 day  delivery.Next day I get a tracking number that was created in  Chino,California.....WTF?2 week's later USPS said they never received  the package.I emailed the seller from China and without a response got a  refund.I ordered 2 more Pocket accessories from 2 other ebay seller's  where the item was listed as being in California with a 5-7 day  estimated delivery,I live in Arizona.They responded in broken english  that the items were shipped with another USPS tracking number.Guess  what.......USPS never received either package and I get zero response  from the seller's at all.I think China is scamming us on ebay once  again.I will wait until B&H or Amazon has any Pocket accessories in  stock and only order from them.Now I have to fight to get my money back  on these last 2 ebay purchases.Beware.......they list the item's as  being in the USA,give you a bogus tracking number and then ignore  you.China you can suck my a$$!

2019-1-3
Use props
Ray Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2647756 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now you tell me.  I ordered a few accessories on ebay.  Not much money, tbh, but hope I don’t receive the same treatment.  I will update if I ever receive the items.  -Ray Jay
2019-1-3
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Ray Jay Posted at 1-3 18:40
Now you tell me.  I ordered a few accessories on ebay.  Not much money, tbh, but hope I don’t receive the same treatment.  I will update if I ever receive the items.  -Ray Jay

WTF is wrong with you???
2019-1-3
Use props
Ray Jay
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ray Jay Posted at 1-3 18:40
Now you tell me.  I ordered a few accessories on ebay.  Not much money, tbh, but hope I don’t receive the same treatment.  I will update if I ever receive the items.  -Ray Jay

Sorry for so many duplicate posts.  Once I figure out how to delete, I will delete the duplicates.  -RJ

2019-1-3
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It happened to me also, ordered the phone and pocket mount(pgytech)received  a tracking number and said shipped , after 12 days , no further message , only shipped. I sent an email( i believe to a shop somewhere in china) then they came back and said they are not sure when it will be delivered , as they didnot know when the item will be produced, so they refunded the money.
I guess we have to wait a few months for the accessories.
But the biggest disappointement is that dji hasnt produce the items like expansion kit etc.
2019-1-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Ray Jay Posted at 1-3 18:44
Sorry for so many duplicate posts.  Once I figure out how to delete, I will delete the duplicates.  -RJ

Click edit then click "Additional options" on the left-down corner and you can find the delete button
2019-1-4
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 1-3 20:39
It happened to me also, ordered the phone and pocket mount(pgytech)received  a tracking number and said shipped , after 12 days , no further message , only shipped. I sent an email( i believe to a shop somewhere in china) then they came back and said they are not sure when it will be delivered , as they didnot know when the item will be produced, so they refunded the money.
I guess we have to wait a few months for the accessories.
But the biggest disappointement is that dji hasnt produce the items like expansion kit etc.

At least you got your money back.Ebay is stepping in for me since the seller's just want to ignore me.They lie and say the item's are in California and have shipped with a fake tracking number but with their horrible broken english from the email's before I requested a refund I know they are chinese.I guess the chinese have never discovered spell check yet.
2019-1-4
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup. This is pretty common with newly-released items like this. I still order from these sources, knowing there will be a delay. However, the items still arrive much sooner than my orders placed directly through DJI. For instance, I have already received two orders from third-party vendors in China for Osmo Pocket accessories, but I am still awaiting my orders from DJI, which I placed before my eBay orders.
2019-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think the problem with ordering early is that the products although designed, were not manufactured yet so between manufacturing and distribution of new products it has taken some time. I see this happening with all OP accessories including Dji accessories, Patience might be the key here, hopefully they will arrive soon.
2019-1-6
Use props
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

My husband ordered the same item with the same results.  However, this seller has over a hundred thousand feedback so we are hoping the item shows up this next week.
2019-1-6
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

drkatherine1 Posted at 1-6 10:26
My husband ordered the same item with the same results.  However, this seller has over a hundred thousand feedback so we are hoping the item shows up this next week.

My seller's had ton's of feedback too.You need to look at the tracking number.They will submit it to the USPS or whatever carrier and it will not move.You call the carrier and they will tell you a shipping label was created but they never received the package.
2019-1-6
Use props
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-6 12:33
My seller's had ton's of feedback too.You need to look at the tracking number.They will submit it to the USPS or whatever carrier and it will not move.You call the carrier and they will tell you a shipping label was created but they never received the package.

I will tell him that.  I think he needs to get Ebay involved.
2019-1-6
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

drkatherine1 Posted at 1-6 13:24
I will tell him that.  I think he needs to get Ebay involved.

Yes.....get ebay involved.It will be a 10 day process but you will get your money back from these thieves.I have been a seller and buyer on ebay since 2001.
2019-1-6
Use props
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-6 13:38
Yes.....get ebay involved.It will be a 10 day process but you will get your money back from these thieves.I have been a seller and buyer on ebay since 2001.

Beat you by two years.....I have been a buyer and seller since 1999. It really surprises me that someone with over a hundred thousand feedback would get caught up in this mess.  Why risk it?
2019-1-6
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

drkatherine1 Posted at 1-6 14:01
Beat you by two years.....I have been a buyer and seller since 1999. It really surprises me that someone with over a hundred thousand feedback would get caught up in this mess.  Why risk it?

I looked at their negative feedback after I purchased which was my fault.All the negative feedback from my seller's were the same........never shipped or received item.I just looked at the 98% positive feedback with over 100,000 sale's.I will never buy from a chinese ebayer again........but these chinese fooled me by stating my product was coming from California.So the question is.........how do we know if they are chinese with them saying the product ship's from the USA.It's a chinese scam.Ebay need's to fix this.
2019-1-6
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Like I said.........they create a shipping label/fake tracking number and then it never moves.You call the carrier in my case it is the USPS and they say they got the package shipping info but never got the package.These pic's are from today on one of my Pocket's order's which state's it is still stuck in California.USPS say they never got the package to ship.USPS should also update their tracking to tell me this without me having to call them.
2019-1-6
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-6 16:43
Just ordered this product on amazon which is basically what I got screwed on from ebay buying from the china scam.China scam meaning china seller say's product ship's from California USA when it does not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGz-1rBGyYA
I trust amazon seller's more then ebay seller's by far.
Just a little feedback from someone else who has bought/sold on ebay and Amazon... Your distrust of ebay and Chinese sellers is based on how many experiences? I ask because in recent years I have had easily over 100 purchase transactions between the two sites (and a few through Alibaba) , from American and Chinese suppliers, and I have had only two bad experiences. One was through ebay. One was through Amazon. Both were from US sellers. I could have gotten angry and assumed  all Ebay/Amazon/US sellers were not trustworthy, but that would be neither fair nor logical. Do you really believe ALL Chinese sellers are that bad, that Ebay sellers as even a majority cannot be trusted?

*I've been on Ebay since 2005 and Amazon since about 2015, btw.
2019-1-6
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 1-6 17:41
Just a little feedback from someone else who has bought/sold on ebay and Amazon... Your distrust of ebay and Chinese sellers is based on how many experiences? I ask because in recent years I have had easily over 100 purchase transactions between the two sites (and a few through Alibaba) , from American and Chinese suppliers, and I have had only two bad experiences. One was through ebay. One was through Amazon. Both were from US sellers. I could have gotten angry and assumed  all Ebay/Amazon/US sellers were not trustworthy, but that would be neither fair nor logical. Do you really believe ALL Chinese sellers are that bad, that Ebay sellers as even a majority cannot be trusted?

*I've been on Ebay since 2005 and Amazon since about 2015, btw.

My thought's are the chinese knew the Osmo Pocket would sell like hot cakes and listed items for sale that their manufacturers did not even put into production yet.The time frame was just to small.
2019-1-6
Use props
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-6 17:54
My thought's are the chinese knew the Osmo Pocket would sell like hot cakes and listed items for sale that their manufacturers did not even put into production yet.The time frame was just to small.

The Amazon sellers are having the same issues.  If you look there are no prime, all the items come from the sellers and none from Amazon, and some of the dates are two weeks in the future.  I think many of these are the same people who are on Ebay.
2019-1-6
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

This happened to me in Australia too on Ebay.  The pgytech phone and osmo holder.  It said item location in Syd with Fastway couriers.  I know that Syd to my area is 1-2 days tops with Fastway.  I was all excited and waiting.  3 weeks later it has still not shown up.  It has obviously shipped from China.  So I contacted them and said i was going to give them negative feedback for lying.  They wound up refunding me, I am still waiting for the bloody thing to show up.  I just ordered some other items over the weekend.  I will prob regret it.  I wish some of the more reputable accessory sites in Australia carried this stuff.  I would pay you guys a bit more happily than ordering from the Chinese sellers on Ebay.  I have had enough bad experiences that I know to not expect much when purchasing from them.  I have even had one hold my item hostage until I paid a ransom in shipping fees when it was listed as free shipping.  
2019-1-6
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-6 17:54

That makes sense, yes. I will say (again, as I mentioned it on another thread), the Osmo Pocket accessories I ordered from Chinese sellers on ebay arrived last week. I am still awaiting my orders from DJI, which were placed BEFORE my ebay orders. I am not complaining about DJI. I am just saying the delays can be across the board and buyers should not single out the "Chinese sellers on ebay".
2019-1-8
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

drkatherine1 Posted at 1-6 18:00
The Amazon sellers are having the same issues.  If you look there are no prime, all the items come from the sellers and none from Amazon, and some of the dates are two weeks in the future.  I think many of these are the same people who are on Ebay.

Yes, ma'am. This is exactly the case.
2019-1-8
Use props
darinf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495787 ft
United States

I orders two different OP tripod mounts on EBay and received both of them from China. I did receive tracking number right away and one said it originated in CA. But the item was really being shipped from China. They use a different carrier to get it to City of Industry, CA and then it's shipped to me after it gets to CA.
It took a while to get here, but I did eventually receive both items.
I placed the orders with different sellers on 12/15/2018 and received both of them in San Diego, CA on 12/31/2018

Here's what I purchased:
https://ebay.us/JZKi9L
https://ebay.us/I4TP0p
2019-1-8
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

darinf Posted at 1-8 10:34
I orders two different OP tripod mounts on EBay and received both of them from China. I did receive tracking number right away and one said it originated in CA. But the item was really being shipped from China. They use a different carrier to get it to City of Industry, CA and then it's shipped to me after it gets to CA.
It took a while to get here, but I did eventually receive both items.
I placed the orders with different sellers on 12/15/2018 and received both of them in San Diego, CA on 12/31/2018

Funny! Those are the exact same items I ordered on ebay (and received).
2019-1-8
Use props
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 1-8 05:45
That makes sense, yes. I will say (again, as I mentioned it on another thread), the Osmo Pocket accessories I ordered from Chinese sellers on ebay arrived last week. I am still awaiting my orders from DJI, which were placed BEFORE my ebay orders. I am not complaining about DJI. I am just saying the delays can be across the board and buyers should not single out the "Chinese sellers on ebay".

How is the quality of the accessories you purchased?  Which ones do you have in hand?
2019-1-8
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

drkatherine1 Posted at 1-8 15:38
How is the quality of the accessories you purchased?  Which ones do you have in hand?

I have the same that darinf posted:
https://ebay.us/JZKi9L
https://ebay.us/I4TP0p

They are of great quality. I have no complaints. The only thing I do not like about the smaller one (that does not have the phone attachment) is that I cannot remove my SD card when it is attached. I am not sure how DJI's versions fit, but they are due to be delivered today or tomorrow, so I'll know soon.
2019-1-9
Use props
Ray Jay
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 1-4 06:24
Click edit then click "Additional options" on the left-down corner and you can find the delete button

Thanks!  The “edit” function was not visable when I originally posted and I kept getting a message that basically said I could only edit within the first 2 minutes.

Anyway, I now see the edit button and removed the duplicats.

Ray Jay
2019-1-9
Use props
Ray Jay
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-3 18:44
WTF is wrong with you???

Haha!  Nothing wrong with me other than I’m an accessory nut.  But for the record, I did receive my first of three accessory ordered on ebay which I love.  

It attaches to GoPro mounts and works as a stand when used by itself.

Ray Jay

2019-1-9
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep.. had an incident this week.  To order the PGYTECH gimbal protector I found a "vendor" that was listed as "US Only" shipper out of California.  Paid ...., got eBay confirmation, then nothing for three days.  "Notice" from vendor: " We mailed it to you bit it came back.  If we mail gain, will have same result? Can we issue refund?"  And no postal notice was issued.  I replied to give me the postal shipping number and confirm that the item was till in stock.  They replied "complained" that I didn't reply!!!  I contacted eBay and .... and within two hours the vendor replied.  "We have it in stock.  Delivery in 15 to 35 DAYS"  Obviously a US drop shipper ran out of supply and is refreshing from overseas source.  Basically I'm done with West Coast shippers that don't have brick and mortar.  China sellers have found a way to print postal shipping labels and hold them until product arrives from China.  This makes it look like US company.
2019-1-9
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

WebParrot Posted at 1-9 15:55
Yep.. had an incident this week.  To order the PGYTECH gimbal protector I found a "vendor" that was listed as "US Only" shipper out of California.  Paid ...., got eBay confirmation, then nothing for three days.  "Notice" from vendor: " We mailed it to you bit it came back.  If we mail gain, will have same result? Can we issue refund?"  And no postal notice was issued.  I replied to give me the postal shipping number and confirm that the item was till in stock.  They replied "complained" that I didn't reply!!!  I contacted eBay and .... and within two hours the vendor replied.  "We have it in stock.  Delivery in 15 to 35 DAYS"  Obviously a US drop shipper ran out of supply and is refreshing from overseas source.  Basically I'm done with West Coast shippers that don't have brick and mortar.  China sellers have found a way to print postal shipping labels and hold them until product arrives from China.  This makes it look like US company.

EXACTLY what happened to me 3 times.
2019-1-9
Use props
Fried Toast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913802 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Picked up two items off Amazon Japan and both arrived ok (both from China). One is the 2nd item that darinf and Moni ordered. The other is a simple base. Either way, no problems w/ shipping from China on this order. I've had issues w/ Chinese sellers on Amazon and eBay before, but I've also had issues from the US (when I lived there). One or two bad apples doesn't mean all of them are dishonest.
2019-1-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Ray Jay Posted at 1-9 08:45
Thanks!  The “edit” function was not visable when I originally posted and I kept getting a message that basically said I could only edit within the first 2 minutes.

Anyway, I now see the edit button and removed the duplicats.

You're welcome Ray Jay!
2019-1-10
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-9 16:39
EXACTLY what happened to me 3 times.

You'd think we'd learn ;-) ...

I'm starting to follow links "visit the store" and seeing if they care products in the same category as I'm shopping for.  And, if there's an obvious brick n motar I'm willing to spend a little more just to get a real phone number to call if issues develop.
2019-1-10
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

WebParrot Posted at 1-10 06:33
You'd think we'd learn ;-) ...

I'm starting to follow links "visit the store" and seeing if they care products in the same category as I'm shopping for.  And, if there's an obvious brick n motar I'm willing to spend a little more just to get a real phone number to call if issues develop.

B&H.......just use them.They are the best.
2019-1-10
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

I ordered something from Poland on Sunday.  It arrived today.  (6 days) My item from "Sydney" sold by the Chinese ebay merchant STILL has not shown up, purchased just before xmas.  I think the entire point to this post is when a seller says the item is one place clearly to get our money, then the pull the HAHAHA no way mate, its from China; expect it in a month because its on the slow ship.  Meanwhile I cant use my OP the way I want to use it because the damn item is 4 weeks away, not 1.  This is a dishonest practice and tends to mainly be done by one section of where we purchase our accessories from.
2019-1-10
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Well low and behold the day after ebay got involved one of these seller's sent me a second tracking number and the next day the item arrived.Seller pleaded with me to give him good feedback which I did not.This is a hand held gizmo that hold's the phone and Pocket tightly together so you never lose connection and it also double's as a small tripod.You can take the phone and Pocket holder part off of the grip and mount to another tripod or selfie stick.For 20 clam's it doe's the job and is made of very hard ABS plastic.Excuse the crappy pics.

2019-1-10
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Ray Jay Posted at 1-9 08:52
Haha!  Nothing wrong with me other than I’m an accessory nut.  But for the record, I did receive my first of three accessory ordered on ebay which I love.  

No......my comment was that you posted the same response 3 or 4 times.You have since deleted the duplicate posts.
2019-1-10
Use props
Ray Jay
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-10 19:20
No......my comment was that you posted the same response 3 or 4 times.You have since deleted the duplicate posts.

Right...I knew that.  Just my poor attempt at humor, I guess.

On a brighter note, I just received word that my second of three accessories ordered on ebay has arrived in the USA!  So far, no problem with ebay stuff.  

And FEDEX just delivered my DJI OSMO Pocket Expansion Kit!  Gonna’ be a good weekend,  despite the cold.

Ray Jay

2019-1-11
Use props
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 1-10 17:44
B&H.......just use them.They are the best.

B&H has the PGY phone holder listed.  However, it is special order only with no return.  Sounds strange.
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules