Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin Upside Down doesn't work normally
17746 23 2019-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

After months with the DJI Support I finally got a setting that made my footage smooth as a gimbal should be (like my friend's osmo, my handheld celphone gimbal and Drone Detacheable Gimbal), but when I turn my Ronin Upside Down, the shakiness is perceptive and the footage is unusable. Here are the videos (normal and inverted):

Normal position:

Inverted position:

For the records, I made the same movement. It’s the same day, same camera, same settings. I just positioned the camera down and the Ronin up like this picture:

P1160714.jpg

Does anyone knows what can I do to solve this problem? It can't be settings since the regular position works well and it was sent to me by DJI.

P1160714.jpg
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, may I verify if you are running the latest firmware? Please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered for further analysis, press 'More' and show us the whole settings, thank you in advance.

2019-1-7
Use props
deniel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105902 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Pubblicato alle 1-7 05:10
Ciao, scusa per i problemi con Ronin-S, posso verificare se stai utilizzando il firmware più recente? Si prega di condividere lo screenshot delle Impostazioni dei parametri nell'APP quando il giunto cardanico è centrato per ulteriori analisi, premere 'Altro' e mostrarci le impostazioni complete, grazie in anticipo.

Ho anche lo stesso problema nella posizione normale, funziona bene, in una posizione capovolta è inutile, i film molto ondulati.I installed the latest firmware released.

2019-3-20
Use props
sky_makai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

The pictures show that your gimbal is in a position it can't normally get into while it's on.  The Ronin-S has limitations on where it can move from the standard upright position.  For underslug/inverted mode, you must start from upright and hold the trigger to free the tilt axis, then drop the camera forward until you are inverted.
2019-3-21
Use props
sky_makai
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

"After months with the DJI Support I finally got a setting that made my footage smooth as a gimbal should be"
What settings did DJI give you??
2019-3-21
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

sky_makai Posted at 3-21 07:42
The pictures show that your gimbal is in a position it can't normally get into while it's on.  The Ronin-S has limitations on where it can move from the standard upright position.  For underslug/inverted mode, you must start from upright and hold the trigger to free the tilt axis, then drop the camera forward until you are inverted.

This is from the oficial video from DJI website...
2019-3-21
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

sky_makai Posted at 3-21 07:45
"After months with the DJI Support I finally got a setting that made my footage smooth as a gimbal should be"
What settings did DJI give you??

2019-3-21
Use props
sky_makai
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

raphael_bellizzi Posted at 3-21 11:16
[view_image]

This is from the oficial video from DJI website...

I just watched that video and found that image.  It's less than 1 second of footage in that position, with all the rest in the other position, as you can see at 3:13 in the video.
I thought it was a mistake, but I was wrong.  
I found another video on the site that describes how to get into that position by pausing the motors, then unpausing them once the camera is in position.  They say "This method gives you maximum freedom of movement."

So, if you're experiencing instability in that mode, I'd double check your camera's balance, particularly when in that position.
2019-3-21
Use props
sky_makai
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks!  This looks familiar.  Is it from Paul on the Facebook group?
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

deniel Posted at 3-20 07:59
Ho anche lo stesso problema nella posizione normale, funziona bene, in una posizione capovolta è inutile, i film molto ondulati.I installed the latest firmware released.

Hi deniel, did you enter the underslung mode properly according to the video at 1:40:
Before doing this, please make sure the gimbal has been balanced. To check whether your axis is balanced properly, please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced. Please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-182599-1-1.html
2019-3-21
Use props
deniel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, it's the balance on all the axes, in normal position it works well ... upside down it's not usable.
2019-3-25
Use props
deniel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

double
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

deniel Posted at 3-25 14:44
Hi, it's the balance on all the axes, in normal position it works well ... upside down it's not usable.

Please disable the SmoothTrack of Roll axis to try again.
2019-3-28
Use props
deniel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

Thanks ,but smoothTrack is disable in tilt and roll.
The ronin s perfectly balanced, performed autotune and system calibration but when it is placed in an upside down position it does not work well rocking and staggering a lot and cannot be used.
Please let the engineers do tests because in the normal position it works well and upside down no.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

deniel Posted at 4-2 10:55
Thanks ,but smoothTrack is disable in tilt and roll.
The ronin s perfectly balanced, performed autotune and system calibration but when it is placed in an upside down position it does not work well rocking and staggering a lot and cannot be used.
Please let the engineers do tests because in the normal position it works well and upside down no.

We will forward to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I get any feedback from them, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-4-4
Use props
deniel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-4 02:24
We will forward to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I get any feedback from them, please wait patiently, thank you.

Ok , thanks
2019-4-4
Use props
Feyruz

Russia

Подтверждаю  аналогичную проблему. на двух ронин s.
----
I confirm a similar problem. On two ронин s. (((
2019-4-6
Use props
Nariman Gafurov
Russia

I have the same problem. I think it’s about mechanical and motors.  Unfortunately, this program can not be solved.  If anyone finds the right way to write.
2019-4-6
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

At least I'm happy that it's only my Ronin with problems. Let's wait DJI solve this problem with a FW update.
2019-4-30
Use props
deniel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-4 02:24
We will forward to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I get any feedback from them, please wait patiently, thank you.

Hi you ave news for problem upside down?
2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Calam
lvl.1

Philippines

Same as mine.. this is an exact problem of what is happening to mine.. when on upside down mode specially when you're doing 35mm+ focal lengths you can really feel and see the wobbles and jitters.
I'm kinda bummed.. any ideas on how to make this right?
2019-5-26
Use props
T Verdier
lvl.1

United States

I shot a couple hours last night and was experiencing the exact same problem, when shooting cars doing an underslung mode is really necessary, I haven't tried "pausing the motors" and switching the gimbal Manual upside down like in that video.
2020-8-18
Use props
T Verdier
lvl.1

United States

has anyone tried pausing the motors and switching the gimbal head around for underslung mode? I haven't had the chance to try it out.
2020-8-21
Use props
T Verdier
lvl.1

United States

probably going to return it and spring for a Ronin MX
2020-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules