613 11 2019-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Vucha dam is a wonderful place - monument is abandoned and has no road to it (private guarded road?)

2019-1-4
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great flight, cool footage!
2019-1-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome footage Alex.
2019-1-4
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Thanks Alex What does this monument mean? What does it stand for.
2019-1-4
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

rolling56 Posted at 1-4 05:28
Thanks Alex What does this monument mean? What does it stand for.

looooooong story
At the beginning of 40"s last century, Bulgaria was out of second world war but siding with Germany SSSR occupied us in 1944 and installed a communist regime, they build this monument in memory of a partisan party crashed there by "fascist" (they called the government before)...
When I was yang communists teach me about good partisans and bad "fascists" - true is a bit different - King (at that time we had one along with the government) was siding with Germans in order to avoid occupation - Bulgaria had least war victims - and in the same time avoiding being involved in the war at all, saving all the Jews and Armenians Naciz try to prosecute .... He died poisoned (some says Germans, some says Russians???)...
Anyhow, we were for more than 40 years under communists, having plenty of such monuments, ruined economy and heavy scars in people minds and now we have more than 29 years of "transition" to democracy with far from desirable results but steal a lot better in many aspects ;)
2019-1-4
Use props
Flattman
lvl.4
United States

Wow, cool footage and noticed lots of tight corners on that road by the lake.  Has me wondering how many vehicles have gone into the lake over time?
2019-1-4
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Super-cool -- I find these abandoned soviet-era structures fascinating and beautiful -- thanks for sharing. Is the monument on private property, now, or just off-limits to the public?
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this Amazing footage with us and also the story behind it. Please be careful about flying our drones, especially for some private properties. Thank you for continued support and have a safe flight.
2019-1-4
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

alex_markov Posted at 1-4 05:47
looooooong story
At the beginning of 40"s last century, Bulgaria was out of second world war but siding with Germany SSSR occupied us in 1944 and installed a communist regime, they build this monument in memory of a partisan party crashed there by "fascist" (they called the government before)...
When I was yang communists teach me about good partisans and bad "fascists" - true is a bit different - King (at that time we had one along with the government) was siding with Germans in order to avoid occupation - Bulgaria had least war victims - and in the same time avoiding being involved in the war at all, saving all the Jews and Armenians Naciz try to prosecute .... He died poisoned (some says Germans, some says Russians???)...

I've learned more Europe history from you. Thank you  
2019-1-4
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Tony Posted at 1-4 13:18
Hi, thanks for sharing this Amazing footage with us and also the story behind it. Please be careful about flying our drones, especially for some private properties. Thank you for continued support and have a safe flight.

Great advice - I never fly over private property - dam and the monument are public - thou road leading to it passes thru dam wall itself and is closed and guarded by private guards - but this is far away
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

alex_markov Posted at 1-4 13:45
Great advice - I never fly over private property - dam and the monument are public - thou road leading to it passes thru dam wall itself and is closed and guarded by private guards - but this is far away

Hi there, if you need further help, please don't hesitate to contact us. Happy new year and thank you for choosing DJI!
2019-1-4
Use props
Zyras
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I love this kind of thing, there is some strange beauty in its almost bleak functionality.

Some love scenic montages, some castles and cliffs, me, stuff like this just fascinates me and thankyou for the explanation. So much history gets brushed by nowadays.

Have subscribed to your channel
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules