Had a few questions about my newly acquired Osmo Pocket...
3181 14 2019-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
webbedgiant
lvl.2
United States

• Is there a way to move the pan axis with a virtual joystick without attaching my phone? I can only seem to move the tilt axis (up/down)

• Sometimes my camera is tilted at an angle even after recentering, but then evens out if I move it around a bit, is this normal?

• Can I turn off facetracking? I dont want my gimble to have a mind of it's own when I'm walking around in public trying to get straight-forward shots.

• Can I drag a square to track an object on just the Osmo Pocket, not with the phone attached?

Will edit if I think of anything else, thanks guys!

2019-1-4
Use props
webbedgiant
lvl.2
United States

One more question, are the adapters supposed to be hard to remove/insert? I'm feeling a lot of resistance when I'm doing it correctly...
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

You can buy the control wheel to hale with the axis when.
2019-1-4
Use props
webbedgiant
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-4 09:18
You can buy the control wheel to hale with the axis when.

So you cant move the axis left to right with just the Osmo Pocket?...
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

1. You can buy the control wheel to help with the axis when available. 2.To help the angle change the speed to fast (swipe up the toggle the bottom left icon)
3. Connect to mobile and change focus to AFS.
4. Active tracking is only possible with a double tap to the osmo screen.

It osmo needs some software updates to get the most out of it, but it’s just about workable in its early stages.

2019-1-4
Use props
webbedgiant
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-4 09:20
1. You can buy the control wheel to help with the axis when available. 2.To help the angle change the speed to fast (swipe up the toggle the bottom left icon)
4. Active tracking is only possible with a double tap to the osmo screen.

So to clarify, there's no way to move the gimbal left to right without the control wheel? Why is there a virtual joystick for up and down but not left to right?
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-4 09:20
4. Active tracking is only possible with a double tap to the osmo screen.

No, just up and down
2019-1-4
Use props
webbedgiant
lvl.2
United States

I don't understand the what the reasoning for that would be when you can do it while it's attached to the phone...
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

webbedgiant Posted at 1-4 09:25
I don't understand the what the reasoning for that would be when you can do it while it's attached to the phone...

Sorry for the double posts,

It’s a bit frustrating as I see no reason it could not be included is a software update, but in its present state it’s up and down only without a mobile or the control wheel.
2019-1-4
Use props
webbedgiant
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-4 09:28
Sorry for the double posts,

It’s a bit frustrating as I see no reason it could not be included is a software update, but in its present state it’s up and down only without a mobile or the control wheel.

Agreed..oh well. Do you have resistance when trying to insert/remove your phone adapters?
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

webbedgiant Posted at 1-4 09:29
Agreed..oh well. Do you have resistance when trying to insert/remove your phone adapters?

Resistance where on the osmo or the mobile itself?
2019-1-4
Use props
webbedgiant
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-4 09:31
Resistance where on the osmo or the mobile itself?

On the osmo. When sliding in the adapters or removing them from the osmo pocket, i find it hard to pull or push them, and im inserting them in the appropriate slot.
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

If you mean inserting the dongle to the osmo then yes it a snug fit, if you mean onto the mobile it’s a good fit, a little hard to  remove at times, I place my thumb on the connector a pull straight out without issues, a few times a have pulled the connector off the osmo and left it in the phone by accident.
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate bringing these queries to us. There will be an accessory which is the Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel that you need to attach on your Osmo Pocket for you to command the gimbal into a pan (left/right). For the second query, we may need a short video for further clarifications. You may upload the link using google drive or dropbox then provide it here. The face-tracking is enabled when a face is detected and when the camera is facing toward the user, it would also enable automatically. We will check this if it would be possible to turn off. Dragging a box/square can be used using the DJI Mimo app and double tap for Osmo Pocket screen. Hope this would provide clarification
2019-1-4
Use props
webbedgiant
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-4 10:10
Hi, we do appreciate bringing these queries to us. There will be an accessory which is the Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel that you need to attach on your Osmo Pocket for you to command the gimbal into a pan (left/right). For the second query, we may need a short video for further clarifications. You may upload the link using google drive or dropbox then provide it here. The face-tracking is enabled when a face is detected and when the camera is facing toward the user, it would also enable automatically. We will check this if it would be possible to turn off. Dragging a box/square can be used using the DJI Mimo app and double tap for Osmo Pocket screen. Hope this would provide clarification

Can you tell me if there's a reason there's no left to right virtual joystick? I don't want to pay for a controller wheel and I can't see why this wouldn't be implemented?
2019-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules