Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Signal Error Phantom 4 Pro +
6566 9 2019-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LordenVisuals
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi There,

I am a professional photographer and I just bought the Phantom 4 Pro + with two batteries.

The first thing I did was to update the craft & controller firmarwares. After the process was completed, I turn them on to set up the drone and the following message was displayed at intervals: "Battery signal error" and sometimes "battery authentication failure". I have the same issue on both batteries. I have also seen the message before the firware update, I though it was due the firware version incompatibility.

I checked the connectors on the drone and the batteries, they are in perfect condition. I cleaned them up but the message is still displayed.

I don't think it is a battery-related problem as the two batteries have show the error.

I might be a firmware issue but previous version also showed the error.

Could it be a craft related issue although the connectors seem to be OK?

I have seen a lot of similar error messages on forums but never a proven solution.

Any advice please?

Thanks
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. we're sorry to know about this situation. We would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem will persist. Please refer to the link below for you to download the application. Kindly let us know the latest progress for further help.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2019-1-4
Use props
LordenVisuals
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 1-4 11:06
Hi. we're sorry to know about this situation. We would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem will persist. Please refer to the link below for you to download the application. Kindly let us know the latest progress for further help.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have already downloaded the app and performed all the updates via the app on the factory defaults.

I'll give it another try tonight and let you know the results.

Thx
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

LordenVisuals Posted at 1-4 11:11
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have already downloaded the app and performed all the updates via the app on the factory defaults.

Hi Lorden, you're always welcome here in forum. Please keep us posted if the issue persists. Thanks for your support
2019-1-4
Use props
LordenVisuals
lvl.1
Belgium

The issue is still there, the message is shown at intervals and motors are stopped automatically when the error pops-up, I have downgraded the firmware to previous versions, nothing changed.

I have decided to return the craft and batteries for repairs. Hope they’ll find a solution before my travel to Chile.

I own a Mavic for more than 2 years, never experienced a single issue with any of my 3 batteries.

Bad luck I guess.

I love DJI drones so much, Hope this will be solved soon.

Thanks for your support
2019-1-5
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

That is pretty much weird , good luck.
2019-1-5
Use props
fansb386b824
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22369 ft

Colombia

Hi, I have a Ph4 Pro v2 with the same problem "battery signal error", it does not recognize the battery, I restored the factory parameters with the Dji Assistant 2 and then installed the latest firmware version and the error persists, I even changed board 3 in 1 thinking that there was the error but still the same, in which board exactly the Phantom 4 Pro saves the firmware information ?, I thought it was in 3 n 1. Thank you
2020-2-6
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 751827 ft
Singapore

I got the same error message on my P4P+ and had to cancel the mission. I had the same message on two of my batteries. Upon returning home, the error mysteriously vanished and every thing went back to normal on both batteries.
2021-12-2
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

If you could brower a battery to test, or have another user check your batteries, this would tell you if it is a battery or not
2022-1-22
Use props
Whe
lvl.1

Philippines

Hi,

I also experienced this "Battery Signal Error" on my Phantom 4 Pro + after purchasing new additional batteries. Battery firmware were updated, as prompted by the app when I first used the batteries.

I think the error are on the batteries, not on the drone. I already have 3 batteries which do not show these errors. Battery Signal Error only happened on the 2 new batteries.

Should I return the batteries?
2022-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules