Greetings from Vermont, USA
1202 18 2019-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ollie Bird
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581873 ft
United States

Just joimed the forum. Got a Mavic Pro 2 before Christmas. Have been spending a lot of time learning settings etc. Have taken it out once to a local soccer field to get the feel. I'm impressed with the stability. Have learned a lot about unlocking zones since I'm near an airport. I looked a few of you guys videos, they're fantastic. Can't wait to do some of my own, I love potography. I'm a private pilot for 25 years, also flew RC aircraft for 10 years, and was an aircraft mechanic in the Air Force. Excited to be here, hope to make some fiends.

2019-1-4
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum!
2019-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your very welcome to the forum.
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Ollie, we do appreciate your interest in our product and welcome to DJI forum. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-1-4
Use props
Kevin Halle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy.
2019-1-4
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

Welcome !   so first, clarify.... do you want to meet some fiends.... or some Friends?
After we clear that typo up.... we will look forward to seeing some of your photos posted.    Not that there is much open water in Vermont this time of year.... bear in mind lots of the lost drone reports involve overwater flights.   So stick to the soccer fields until you trust your skills.   Have fun !!!
2019-1-4
Use props
Ollie Bird
lvl.4
United States

flightlogicRV9 Posted at 1-4 15:00
Welcome !   so first, clarify.... do you want to meet some fiends.... or some Friends?
After we clear that typo up.... we will look forward to seeing some of your photos posted.    Not that there is much open water in Vermont this time of year.... bear in mind lots of the lost drone reports involve overwater flights.   So stick to the soccer fields until you trust your skills.   Have fun !!!

Sorry for the typo, I should check my spelling so people don't think I'm stupid. Right now in Vermont is not the best for super videos. Looking forward to a video in Smugglers Notch near Mt Mansfield. Hope I don't get taken down by an eagle. Thanks for responding>
2019-1-4
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the site Oillie. Interesting that you flew RC for such a long time; flying these drones will be a  piece of cake for you. I've recently started flying 3D crafts and got a couple of fixed-wing trainers ; Apprentice and Sensei.  
2019-1-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
2019-1-4
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum
2019-1-4
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Hi from Australia Ollie Bird, welcome to the world wide community of dji pilots.

If you are an experienced r/c pilot then you should find your Mavic Pro 2 easy to handle - set your r/c sticks the same as you are used to and read the manual to understand the differences between a conventional r/c model and your new bird.
Fly safe and have fun
2019-1-4
Use props
CastleRockFlier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36467 ft
United States

Great drone, you’ll love.  Welcome to the forum.
2019-1-4
Use props
FLYINHASS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

Hi Ollie, welcome to the forum, I've been doing same about learning and settings. Had fifteen training flights so far but I'll have to wait now, temperature is too cold! Happy Flights and HNY
2019-1-5
Use props
Ollie Bird
lvl.4
United States

Happy New Year to you as well. It's cold here too so for now I'll have to wait for days above 40F. I just got a mount yesterday for my I pad so I'm ready. I'm near our major airport so I spent a lot of time learning how to unlock restricted areas. Not hard once you've done it once.
2019-1-5
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Welcome! I've flown RC planes and helis for 30 years and still going strong. Like others have said you'll have no problem floating this Mavic from one GPS column to another. Lots of fun, they are. You really "guide" them more than fly them. Look forward to your videos. Shooting video is a blast with these things, so many possibilities for great footage. Most of all, enjoy.
2019-1-5
Use props
Ollie Bird
lvl.4
United States

Thanks, I stopped flying RC in 1990 when I bought my 74 Skyhawk. At the time I was in the process of building a Byron F-16 Falcon(ducted fan). I sold it along with motor, retracts and a Futaba radio for $1300.00. As you know RCs can auger in in a micro second so I'm looking forward to this new venture.

2019-1-5
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Welcome aboard
2019-1-5
Use props
sinloi
lvl.3
United States

Welcome, fellow northern New Englander. Plenty cold here in Maine, too - and even more erratic each season, it seems. (Below zero and snow for Thanksgiving; bare ground for Christmas!) I'm finding that off-ice landings & launches work quite nicely, though. I worked at the Bangor airport for almost seven years before retiring, dealt with virtually every type of full-size aircraft ever built. Kinda miss it, so drones are nice compensation. Anyway, Happy flying!
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Welcome!
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now