Upvote what's to be in the next firmware release!
12Next >
2089 43 2019-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stangman
lvl.4
Sweden

Hey guys. I love the Osmo Pocket. But there are some things I would like to see in upcoming firmware releases. How about you, what would you like to see?
Let's help DJI to prioritise by commenting and/or putting a +1 on my suggestions.

#1: In camera 25/50 FPS.
That is - being able to choose Europe FPS standard without having to use phone and PRO -mode. A must have and really weird that DJI decided to omit this at release. This should be an option in-camera without having to connect the phone.
Why? Checkout Mareklevs explanation here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-175151-1-1.html

#2: Persistent Pro Mode
Now the Osmo Pocket reverts to auto settings if you for instance temporarily flicks over to photo and back to video.
Really annoying "feature" that actually makes you not to take that photo or that slo-mo take - since you then will need to connect the phone and set the pro mode settings all over again… Gaaah! I would like any Pro Mode settings to stay until you explicitly change them.

#3: Cinelike picture profile
I think a flat cinelike picture profile was in the pre-release firmware. But now it is gone. Please put it back!
Feel free to chime in with your thoughts and ideas.

2019-1-4
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

1) Yes please... .. For me it would even make sense to only have 25 and 50fps modes if I have the anti fickr set to 50Hz, and if I change it to 60Hz, then only 30fps and 60fps would become available in the menu.

2) I understand that it exits pro mode to do something else, but at least give us an option to activate previous Pro mode manually without having to connect the phone.

3) Cinelike picture mode in pro mode would be good, also with an option to change the sharpening down. for a more cinematic image.

2019-1-4
Use props
Mr.KenTam
lvl.2

Hong Kong

#4 Disable/Enable photo mode in unit setup menu ... I don't take photo with osmo pocket and now the switch may affect the action to shoot a quick video asap but actually the unit is in photo mode...

#5 infinite focus mode  with once screen big warning
2019-1-4
Use props
Calidoc75
lvl.1
United States

I would like a TIMER function on PANO mode so I can be in the 3x3 pano without having my arm hold the osmo pocket.  Hope that makes sense.
Thanks!
2019-1-4
Use props
xduser96
lvl.1

Cyprus

LIVESTREAMING! How is this not being talked about more?! This is the PERFECT camera for that, it should've had it in the first place being one of its main features! What a shame...

Also, have an option to hide the user interface in the MIMO app so that nothing is being hidden behind it. Such a simple thing to implement
2019-1-4
Use props
xduser96
lvl.1

Cyprus

Oh and... Why isn't there horizontal panning?????????????? Yes you can buy the addon and yes you can attach it to the phone, but since there's vertical then why not horizontal?
2019-1-4
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

-48 fps

2019-1-4
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hedac Posted at 1-4 13:37
1) Yes please... .. For me it would even make sense to only have 25 and 50fps modes if I have the anti fickr set to 50Hz, and if I change it to 60Hz, then only 30fps and 60fps would become available in the menu.

2) I understand that it exits pro mode to do something else, but at least give us an option to activate previous Pro mode manually without having to connect the phone.

This is what a really need from the next firmware,
2019-1-4
Use props
Scott.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just want HEVC files
2019-1-4
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71975 ft
France

#6. Hyperlapse mode

plus the features that were advertised but not yet delivered :-)
2019-1-4
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

#0: AFC fix
#7: 1 second and 2 seconds time lapse mode in 4K. It can be single frame save only; as unless it is fixed, current video mode is not much of a use at 1080p

Just my two cents....
2019-1-4
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AFC fix
Infinity focus
Allow all possible settings to be selected on OP, not just connected phone
Custom nameable presets - selectable on OP
2019-1-4
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

TimK1 Posted at 1-4 15:09
... plus the features that were advertised but not yet delivered :-)

What features were these?
2019-1-4
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

AFC fix. Please
2019-1-4
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

Record Stereo audio from USB-C port when dongle is used.
2019-1-4
Use props
fans5d5cf133
New
United Kingdom

Couldn’t agree more. Failure to have 25p option without a phone is baffling and poor demonstration of appreciating end users. I mean how can a fundamental aspect of film making be excluded when launched? Almost takes anyone outside the USA as an after thought on user experience  and application. I hope a firmware is coming real soon.
2019-1-4
Use props
jordier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58760 ft
Spain

Vertical flip when the camera is placed in the inverted position. that we have the possibility of activating vertical turning. It would be an interesting option that would allow us to place the camera in more curious places.
I relied on the option of 25/50 frames without using the phone and the 2.7 format.
Improve the options of focus, infinite option and maybe we had a reference of what is focused, even so I use the AFS and it works very well.
Rectify, I used the OP and I see that if you do the vertical flip automatically, that you get distracted because the phone only flips the image, not the screen data
2019-1-5
Use props
emptee
lvl.4
Germany

- AFC-Fix
- Live Streaming
- Persistent Pro Mode
2019-1-5
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I would like a preset 180 degree setting that automatically gives you double shutter speed (180degree) on the fps that has been set with all other settings from that to give "auto optimum exposure ...".  In other words, if I manually set 25fps on the pocket (if I ever get it) I also automatically get a 50th shutter and an optimum but variable iso set.
2019-1-5
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

- Option to remove those BEEPs
2019-1-5
Use props
tvalleau
New
United States

live stream to facebook and/or youtube
2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for raising this concern and suggestions to us. The best thing I can do to help is to forward this concern/suggestions to our DJI R&D Teams for future development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for all your support.
2019-1-6
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

I just want story mode.Before I bought my Pocket all the youtubers had story mode and it looked fantastic.Bought my Pocket and DJI lied to me........no story mode.That is like buying a brand new car from the dealer and on delivery the car has no wheel's or tire's.This is how I feel.
2019-1-6
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71975 ft
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 1-4 18:33

Story mode being the main one (not MyStory)
2019-1-7
Use props
Stangman
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 13:01
Hello and good day. Thank you for raising this concern and suggestions to us. The best thing I can do to help is to forward this concern/suggestions to our DJI R&D Teams for future development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for all your support.

On behalf of me and others - thank you. Just trying to help
2019-1-8
Use props
fans5b0ed228
New

Czechia

Livestreaming, livestreaming, livestreaming
2019-1-9
Use props
honamd77
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi. Casual user here. For now just want OP stop charging my phone.
From 100% OP, connect to phone with fast charge..rip OP juice.
Need carry all over time power bank just in case OP need recharge.

If add live streaming...that was awesome
2019-1-9
Use props
stewebe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158035 ft
Germany

#1 is available in fw 1.3 but why are timelapse and slowmotion created always in 29,97 fps when I want 25 or 50? Same annoyance as with the drone quickshots. Later you will have problems in mixing 25/50 fps with 29,97 fps in a project resulting in stuttering video.
2019-1-10
Use props
MagicRide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

xduser96 Posted at 1-4 14:23
LIVESTREAMING! How is this not being talked about more?! This is the PERFECT camera for that, it should've had it in the first place being one of its main features! What a shame...

Also, have an option to hide the user interface in the MIMO app so that nothing is being hidden behind it. Such a simple thing to implement

I agree Livestream to facebook, youtube is a must on the mimo app or the Osmo pocket.
2019-1-10
Use props
stewebe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158035 ft
Germany

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-4 14:49
This is what a really need from the next firmware,

hedac Posted at 1-4 13:37
1) Yes please... .. For me it would even make sense to only have 25 and  50fps modes if I have the anti fickr set to 50Hz, and if I change it to  60Hz, then only 30fps and 60fps would become available in the menu.

Plus make the output of timelapse and slowmotion in the same fps mode as the video settings!
2019-1-10
Use props
Stangman
lvl.4
Sweden

stewebe Posted at 1-10 07:54
#1 is available in fw 1.3 but why are timelapse and slowmotion created always in 29,97 fps when I want 25 or 50? Same annoyance as with the drone quickshots. Later you will have problems in mixing 25/50 fps with 29,97 fps in a project resulting in stuttering video.

Since 2019/1/7 with firmware v1.3.0.20 it is, yes. But not at the time of posting suggestion in the forums.

Why would I ever want to mix 25/50 with 30/60?
Now that the OP does 25/50 it natively is much easier to mix footage from different sources that also does 25/50.

I totally agree that timelapses and slomo should be conformed to the 180-degree shutter rule as well. Maybe in a future update.
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Stangman Posted at 1-8 07:42
On behalf of me and others - thank you. Just trying to help

You are very much welcome Stangman. We really appreciate your help and support. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-1-10
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
Germany

Hyper lapse as it’s an ideal camera for it and didn’t think for one moment that it wouldn’t be there
2019-1-11
Use props
Rajaram
lvl.1
India

A feature to save pro settings as user settings would eliminate a lot of inconvenience of attaching a cell phone always. For us usb/ b android phone owners, it will be great convenient feature.
2019-1-14
Use props
Rajaram
lvl.1
India

Curt1591 Posted at 1-4 18:33

Cine d colour, raw mode etc etc in pro video mode
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

STORY mode and CINE and yes, get rid of the beeps
2019-1-14
Use props
Frits48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

Priority No 1 for me: Cinelike picture mode.  Being able to grade footage will make a world of difference in final quality.
Since it seems to be ready (seen it in a developer version on YouTube), why wait - publish it  already please!
2019-1-14
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Remove beep
2019-1-14
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Frits48 Posted at 1-14 13:06
Priority No 1 for me: Cinelike picture mode.  Being able to grade footage will make a world of difference in final quality.
Since it seems to be ready (seen it in a developer version on YouTube), why wait - publish it  already please!

Do you have a link to the Pocket's Cinelike footage? I saw many talk it, but not demonstrate it.
2019-1-14
Use props
Frits48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

Curt1591 Posted at 1-14 14:09
Do you have a link to the Pocket's Cinelike footage? I saw many talk it, but not demonstrate it.

Watch this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bq84Ag3aFs
The same guy refers to having a beta version of the firmware that has it incorporated in other videos also.
2019-1-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules