Shaky footage - frustrated please help
1069 15 2019-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hemlockmedia
lvl.1
United States

I went out to film my spark, fully charged with new propellers ( all on the right motors ) with an nd filter on it, and got some terrible shakey footage from three seperate flights, I am posting footage from one sample - it looks like the gimbal is almost vibrating. I have no idea why! please help.

here is the footage:

2019-1-4
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Were new props DJI props?
2019-1-4
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

What ND filter do you have on? I know some are causing problem and even error messages. Did you try it without the ND filter?
2019-1-4
Use props
hemlockmedia
lvl.1
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 1-4 19:34
Were new props DJI props?

No but i had a really similar issue with the props that came with my spark, thats why i popped the new ones on just to be sure
2019-1-4
Use props
hemlockmedia
lvl.1
United States

Daniella3d Posted at 1-4 20:24
What ND filter do you have on? I know some are causing problem and even error messages. Did you try it without the ND filter?

These are the ND filters, I did not try without the filter because I just watched the footage and its after dark. I will try it without the filter tomorrow, i noticed when I manual tilted the camera / gimbal the footage was great, not sure why...but once the left the camera / gimbal alone and just flew is when these jitters happen

https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-Cam ... ji+spark+filter+set

2019-1-4
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

It might be due to the ND filter you have on. Some are too heavy and impair the gimbal, some even give error message like Gimbal overload or something like that. I would first try without the ND filter and see if it still do that jello effect.  I bought ND filter from Polar Pro and they are supposed to be so light that they don't affect the gimbal, but I did not have the chance to try them yet.

https://www.amazon.com/PolarPro- ... +spark+filter&psc=1

Too bad because that was some really nice footage you did.
2019-1-4
Use props
hemlockmedia
lvl.1
United States

Daniella3d Posted at 1-4 20:44
It might be due to the ND filter you have on. Some are too heavy and impair the gimbal, some even give error message like Gimbal overload or something like that. I would first try without the ND filter and see if it still do that jello effect.  I bought ND filter from Polar Pro and they are supposed to be so light that they don't affect the gimbal, but I did not have the chance to try them yet.

https://www.amazon.com/PolarPro- ... +spark+filter&psc=1

Thanks, I had no idea until i got home with the footage. I will check those filters out, and play around with the spark  asap, bummed it is supposed to rain all weekend lol
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble with regards to that as the previous reply mention about the ND filter, Yes you may give a try to remove the ND filter and see if that's the one causing the vibration.
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hemlockmedia Posted at 1-4 21:11
Thanks, I had no idea until i got home with the footage. I will check those filters out, and play around with the spark  asap, bummed it is supposed to rain all weekend lol

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2019-1-5
Use props
gk_eagle2002
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77372 ft
Greece

I have same shakey issue with Polarpro Cinema ND filters. Mostly noticeable when drone descending  and in overexposed areas of footage.
2019-1-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ND filter is the most probable cause
2019-1-5
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

gk_eagle2002 Posted at 1-5 11:03
I have same shakey issue with Polarpro Cinema ND filters. Mostly noticeable when drone descending  and in overexposed areas of footage.

oh crap, I got the Polar Pro, but the regular ones, not the Cinema. I guess when using these filters, it is best to fly in low wind conditions. I have not yet tried mine.
2019-1-5
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

The winds may affect the drone or the gimbal.
2019-1-5
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

I think it's something to do with your ND filter. Please remove it and try.

I use Polar Pro filters with my Spark and they are brilliant.

Let us know how it came out without ND filter.
2019-1-6
Use props
gk_eagle2002
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77372 ft
Greece

Ram-UK Posted at 1-6 15:50
I think it's something to do with your ND filter. Please remove it and try.

I use Polar Pro filters with my Spark and they are brilliant.

Already did it. Without filters no "shakey" effect at all. This effect is mainly visible when I am descending, same as above video. I contacted PolarPro team with no success.I think gimbal is too delicate for extra load.
2019-1-7
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

gk_eagle2002 Posted at 1-7 09:53
Already did it. Without filters no "shakey" effect at all. This effect is mainly visible when I am descending, same as above video. I contacted PolarPro team with no success.I think gimbal is too delicate for extra load.

Auto or manual exposure? Try Manual with filters?
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules