1161 4 2019-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EG Films
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1017280 ft
United States

Hello all,
So last week I crashed my Inspire 2 X5S, it was a minor crash, only 1 foot above the ground. After that, my camera would not send a signal to the drone but I still had a gimbal movement functions. So I did some research and replaced the gimbal mount (part 23) and it fixed the problem, everything worked totally fine.

So now... one day later, it's broken... but with a new problem, I get it out to test it before a shoot tomorrow, and there is no camera signal at all, the drone doesn't even recognize the gimbal or camera. The camera doesn't auto calibrate upon startup, send an image etc.

The error message is:
Aircraft encoder error(0x100000), please check if  gimbal is installed

DJI wouldn't let me upload any pictures so I put them in a Dropbox Folder, thereof the new gimbal mount, and the error screen. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2arbcse4w569jtz/AAADQZ29dcBdkvnqv0D-NTRya?dl=0

ANY help would be REALLY appreciated, I am totally in the dark here as I have no idea what the problem could be.

Thanks in advance for advice!
Eddie

2019-1-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The one and only thing I can come up with is bad connection on gimbal mount itself or cabling further down to CineCore module. Double check all connectors.
2019-1-5
Use props
EG Films
lvl.2
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-5 00:07
The one and only thing I can come up with is bad connection on gimbal mount itself or cabling further down to CineCore module. Double check all connectors.

Thanks, yea I checked the two cables that attach to the main board in the drone, from the gimbal mount and they seem secure. I order another new gimbal mount, maybe it came with a bad one? Only other option I could think of. Alright, it did work immediately after the repair, then stopped working...
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry about the mishap that happens on your aircraft. Normally, this error message will occur if the gimbal is not properly mounted. Please refer to the troubleshooting steps below to see if it would rectify the problem.
1. Power off the aircraft and remount the gimbal and camera, then power on and check whether the problem is fixed.
2. If the problem persists, power off the drone, wipe the gimbal port and contact pins with anhydrous ethanol, then mount the gimbal and camera again, and restart the drone.
3. If the issue cannot be fixed, send the aircraft, gimbal, and camera back for diagnosis to our team. You may refer to this link for further help. www.dji.com/support
2019-1-5
Use props
EG Films
lvl.2
United States

FIXED UPDATE:
I'm writing this in case someone in the future has the same problem.

So the problem was a sensor in the gimbal mount itself that was broken and didn't recognize when the gimbal was turning into the locked position. I attached some pictures in a DropBox link that you can see the broken sensor. This was a brand new gimbal mount that I ordered from Amazon and it was shipped near broken. If you have this issue, I advise taking apart the new gimbal mount and checking this sensor for damage as its possible they shipped a bad batch.

DropBox Pictures Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r8zt0 ... R50f1bXH57nk6a?dl=0

Amazon Link to the Gimbal Mount:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules