Tilted Panorama Not possible
1256 11 2019-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
c3rr
lvl.1
Austria

I really like the panorama feature on the osmo, unfortunately I am not able to make a panorama in a upwards or downwards tilted view. When I shoot the panorama, the osmo recenters it's tilt to zero degree, before it starts capturing the images.
Can someone confirm this behavior?
2019-1-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Yes. Confirmed.
I for one am thankful for that. Not having to worry about level horizons or leaning verticals. So much easier than having to work with wide angle lenses. Not that it always works. Horizontal elements can bend quite badly and some diagonal elements within a frame have a mind of their own.
I'm sure there must be a reason for your question but I suspect the pocket doesn't allow it so that the gimbal is always within its own scanning range.

2019-1-5
Use props
c3rr
lvl.1
Austria

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-5 05:33
Yes. Confirmed.
I for one am thankful for that. Not having to worry about level horizons or leaning verticals. So much easier than having to work with wide angle lenses. Not that it always works. Horizontal elements can bend quite badly and some diagonal elements within a frame have a mind of their own.
I'm sure there must be a reason for your question but I suspect the pocket doesn't allow it so that the gimbal is always within its own scanning range.

I agree in some situations it is very useful. But when you are for example in front of a higher building, then the top of the building is not on the panorama and the lower half of the panorama is mostly the floor.
It would be nice if DJI could unlock the custom tilt, at least in Pro-Mode to allow more creativity.
2019-1-5
Use props
c3rr
lvl.1
Austria

I just realized that in FPV-Mode the osmo pocket does not recenter before the panorama shots, which enables custom tilted panoramas
Nice job DJI!
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

c3rr Posted at 1-5 08:56
I agree in some situations it is very useful. But when you are for example in front of a higher building, then the top of the building is not on the panorama and the lower half of the panorama is mostly the floor.
It would be nice if DJI could unlock the custom tilt, at least in Pro-Mode to allow more creativity.

Hi there. Thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestion with our new Osmo Pocket. With regards to your concern, I'll forward this suggestion to our R&D department for future update. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thanks for choosing DJI.
2019-1-5
Use props
c3rr
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-5 11:20
Hi there. Thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestion with our new Osmo Pocket. With regards to your concern, I'll forward this suggestion to our R&D department for future update. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thanks for choosing DJI.

Thank you! But I just found out that it is already supported. But it is not so obvious. You have to set the Osmo Pocket into FPV-Mode, then it makes panoramas aound the last viewed position (including tilted positions). In all other modes (including follow mode) the osmo recenters it's tilt to zero before the panorama starts.
It might be useful to write this into the FAQ or something, because I am sure that many people are not aware of that.
2019-1-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

c3rr Posted at 1-5 11:46
Thank you! But I just found out that it is already supported. But it is not so obvious. You have to set the Osmo Pocket into FPV-Mode, then it makes panoramas aound the last viewed position (including tilted positions). In all other modes (including follow mode) the osmo recenters it's tilt to zero before the panorama starts.
It might be useful to write this into the FAQ or something, because I am sure that many people are not aware of that.

Can you post an example? I tried and can't seem to get it to work.
2019-1-5
Use props
c3rr
lvl.1
Austria

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-5 12:28
Can you post an example? I tried and can't seem to get it to work.

Sure. Here you see a 3x3 pano facing down outside of the window.
This is how I made it (without mimo-app):
1) go to panorama mode
2) swipe up the touchscreen an change the right-bottom located button to "FPV" mode
3) move your osmo to the desired location and press the trigger. Then it starts making photos around this position
pano_3x3_6553751_1546720258000.jpg
2019-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What your looking for maybe better suited to manual pano shooting it’s pretty simple and can return great images.
2019-1-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

c3rr Posted at 1-5 12:40
1) go to panorama mode

Huh! I thought I'd tried that earlier and it didn't work, but just tried it again and it did. Thanks!
2019-1-5
Use props
nlam514
lvl.2
United States

c3rr Posted at 1-5 12:40
1) go to panorama mode
[Image]

Thank you for the heads up! I ran into this when I was trying to take a pano of a Christmas tree close up. Doesn’t matter how much I tilt the Osmo Pocket, it keeps going back to the horizon.
2019-1-5
Use props
fans3d974efb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389199 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

c3rr Posted at 1-5 09:23
I just realized that in FPV-Mode the osmo pocket does not recenter before the panorama shots, which enables custom tilted panoramas
Nice job DJI!

Thanks for the FPV tip I can now compose panoramas exactly how i want them
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules